• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

Happy Independence Day! The first 3 days of July have been the chilliest start to July since back in 2010. That will change today as temps rise back above normal with highs well into the 80's with a 90 degree reading possible in lower spots of the County. Rain chances increase this evening and we will see off and on shots at rain through late day on Saturday. Not a total wash out though.
Chester County records for the 4th of July 105 degrees at West Chester (1966) / Low 42 degrees at Phoenixville (1986) / Rain 3.70" at Honey Brook (1973)
image.png.ec35f21ae29041b15ba556e2dcb5e339.png

The bulk of last night's rains missed to my north. This morning is a miss to the south. Looks like clearing to our west, it's gonna get disgustable when the sun breaks out.

78F/DP 76F

A few spots across the county saw some showers this AM with the most I could find being the 0.23" at Atglen. .07" fell in East Nantmeal. The NWS has posted a heat advisory for today through tomorrow. Most lower locations will reach the 90's today with only the higher spots possibly staying in the high 80's. Rain chances increase a bit by later tonight and tomorrow. Sunday and Monday look dry with temps likely to be well into the 80's to near 90 in spots.
Chester County records for today: High 102 degrees at Sadsburyville (1919) / Low 47 degrees at Coatesville (1909) / Rain 2.95" at Coatesville (1965)
image.png.b57127cb6c6f307dfba3e7df0f4b75b7.png

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

The bulk of last night's rains missed to my north. This morning is a miss to the south. Looks like clearing to our west, it's gonna get disgustable when the sun breaks out.

78F/DP 76F

Can confirm, we got 1.21" in a very short span of time. It even managed to flood out parts of Rt 12 near me.

I was pissed. I left a box of small fireworks outside to play with while I was grilling, and then we went inside to play pictionary and I forgot all about it. Completely ruined. I just hope my smoker is ok once it dries out because I was letting it cool down before I put the cover back on. Oh well.

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Beautiful weather who's up for lawn darts?

Think they are illegal now....probably find them online though.

Back in the 70s at family get togethers my uncles half loaded on Schmidt's returnables would aimlessly toss them 100ft in the air as I ran around underneath. Great fun!

Not much on radar to the W... 

94.jpg

• Haha 1