• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

The Reading Airport thermometer issue has really become more evident over the past 4 years. Things looked about right before 2019.  But lately even though KRDG is north of Chester County... when compared to the 6 NWS/MADIS stations across Chester County at a similar elevation or lower (5 of the 6 are actually lower than KRDG).  Reading has still run higher (red)than these and all 15 stations in Chester County since 2020. In fact during the last 2 years the average annual temp there is more than 1 degree warmer than any station in Chester County....it might be time to get someone up there and do a health check....

image.thumb.png.d747e6cc2e5aa611f90d4a1f4195bb80.png

SPC just lofted the Watches -

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 469
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
615 PM EDT WED JUN 26 2024

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 469 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC011-017-025-029-045-077-089-091-095-101-270400-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0469.240626T2215Z-240627T0400Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERKS                BUCKS               CARBON
CHESTER              DELAWARE            LEHIGH
MONROE               MONTGOMERY          NORTHAMPTON
PHILADELPHIA
$$

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 469
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
615 PM EDT WED JUN 26 2024

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 469 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NJC003-005-007-013-015-017-019-021-023-025-027-029-031-035-037-
039-041-270400-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0469.240626T2215Z-240627T0400Z/

NJ
.    NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERGEN               BURLINGTON          CAMDEN
ESSEX                GLOUCESTER          HUDSON
HUNTERDON            MERCER              MIDDLESEX
MONMOUTH             MORRIS              OCEAN
PASSAIC              SOMERSET            SUSSEX
UNION                WARREN
$$

I went on and watered my plants this morning because I am thinking it will fizzle by the time it gets here.

I did make it up to 94 as a high today with a mild low of 73.

It's currently mostly cloudy and 90 with dp 73, , with junk and stuff off to the west.

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

SPC just lofted the Watches -

I went on and watered my plants this morning because I am thinking it will fizzle by the time it gets here.

I did make it up to 94 as a high today with a mild low of 73.

It's currently mostly cloudy and 90 with dp 73, , with junk and stuff off to the west.

Lol I don’t get it for most of se pa and nj from Mercer and south. That Main convective line is clearly going northeast more towards maybe Quakertown but mostly Lehigh valley. There’s no way in hell the stuff out by Pittsburgh will be anything of note by the time it reaches here. I’m with you, watering the garden and lawn once the sun sets.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

the drought guy says drought is still on.  I got t less than .15 in of rain- just enough to wash away the dust, pollen and dead leaves into the storm sewer. Round two aroud midnight better produce. All the models at this point are unreliable as these storms blow themselves out to quickly. We need training t- storms yet to see that at all this year. 

• Weenie 1

Had plenty of lightning and some thunder from the storms that are currently over Flourtown about 25 minutes ago we got nothing from that as it missed us by about 5 miles.

We were at 84f with a heat index of 87 wind was absolutely dead with plenty of latent heat now we sit at 80f with a heat index of 84f humidity is 63%... Wind is NW now a outflow boundary from the storms passing north of us moving away to the NE.

Hoping and waiting for the heavy rain near Harrisburg and developing in the SE corner of Lancaster County need rain badly.

Looks like there is a small mesoscale low east of State College so maybe that helps push everything east without weakening it down to nothing time will tell, but if it is coming it should be here by midnight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Had plenty of lightning and some thunder from the storms that are currently over Flourtown about 25 minutes ago we got nothing from that as it missed us by about 5 miles.

We were at 84f with a heat index of 87 wind was absolutely dead with plenty of latent heat now we sit at 80f with a heat index of 84f humidity is 63%... Wind is NW now a outflow boundary from the storms passing north of us moving away to the NE.

Hoping and waiting for the heavy rain near Harrisburg and developing in the SE corner of Lancaster County need rain badly.

Looks like there is a small mesoscale low east of State College so maybe that helps push everything east without weakening it down to nothing time will tell, but if it is coming it should be here by midnight. 

Still a decent batch if it can make it here...

db.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

If I get passed a mile to the north things will be thrown

I'm thinking we're getting a couple showers. No cow tossing, explosions. Mow the lawn, take the trash out to close out the end of week kinda thing...

72F/DP 68F

69.jpg