• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

3 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
We picked up some light rain overnight in some spots with 0.03" in East Nantmeal. We are now almost 4 inches above normal rainfall now this year following our fairly wet stretch of weather this month. Shower chances continue today and especially tomorrow into Thursday evening before we clear up and have a great stretch of dry weather through at least next Tuesday.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at West Chester (2011) / Low 48 degrees at Coatesville (1985) / Rain 2.95" at Elverson/Morgantown (1969)
image.png.cb549f9f434bc5ee6a16e58db6ce6b5b.png

"following our fairly wet stretch of weather this month."

Meanwhile only 42 miles to your southeast we have struggled to pick up 2.56" since May 25th!

The only word that I can give the precipitation distribution for the entire area Harrisburg to Trenton to points south and east to Southern Delaware and Maryland .....eratic!

Great information and write up as usual Paul!

Thanks, from this section of Central Delaware County but I will tell you we are experiencing flash drought conditions and from the look of the landscape Moderate Drought.  

Springton Reservoir along Route 252 in Upper Providence and Marple Townships is dropping steadily the past few weeks. 

We know what will happen later August and September.... East Coast riding Hurricane!  It's the La Nina way!

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

"following our fairly wet stretch of weather this month."

Meanwhile only 42 miles to your southeast we have struggled to pick up 2.56" since May 25th!

The only word that I can give the precipitation distribution for the entire area Harrisburg to Trenton to points south and east to Southern Delaware and Maryland .....eratic!

Great information and write up as usual Paul!

Thanks, from this section of Central Delaware County but I will tell you we are experiencing flash drought conditions and from the look of the landscape Moderate Drought.  

Springton Reservoir along Route 252 in Upper Providence and Marple Townships is dropping steadily the past few weeks. 

We know what will happen later August and September.... East Coast riding Hurricane!  It's the La Nina way!

Thanks Kevin! It really has been hit and miss. I suspect you are correct some tropical storm will come up the coast and interact with a cold front and bam - 4 to 6" of rain for all!! let's hope we see some more rain over the next days further south and east! Good luck!

• Like 1

So, here we go..... Heavy rain 20-30 miles north and northeast..... Heavy rain 30-35 miles southwest and zippo here getting pretty frustrating.  Flash Flood Warning Philadelphia and Montgomery county in PA and Burlington and Camden County in NJ

84.2 humidity 76% feels like 93f ... a few peeks of sun

On 7/22/2024 at 2:53 PM, RedSky said:

Not buying the oddball ECM/RGEM team that somehow all this tropical moisture bypasses southeast PA this week with only .25".  Nah gonna happen.

Famous last words :lol:

• Haha 2

of course zilcho for Lehigh County. I feel like this steam bath atmosphere is a joke.   The grass is decimated from the heat.  Overnight lows failing to get out of the 70's is a perfect atmosphere for breeding west nile virus mosquitoes in sept let alone record breaking.  Its not the daytime highs, its the overnight lows that are unbearbable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a been a long time since I have seen precip chances dwindle so quickly - from 70-80 % to less than 20% in susbsequent forecast updates. With no significant rains in the next 10 days with another heat wave by next Tuesday- things are going to get real ugly in western lehigh County. This heat is simply relentless. Its warmer here than Memphis TN.  Where are these so-called  tropical storms to break this pattern?  All  TS remnants have gone up to Canada. No forest fires this year. 

• Weenie 1

On 7/22/2024 at 2:53 PM, RedSky said:

Not buying the oddball ECM/RGEM team that somehow all this tropical moisture bypasses southeast PA this week with only .25".  Nah gonna happen.

Never doubt king euro inside 84 hours. Dreadful performance by everyone else.

• Like 1

One more cloudy day today before a great stretch of weather through at least Monday. Cooler starting tonight with some spots in Chester County possibly touching the 50's tonight and tomorrow night.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 47 degrees at Coatesville (1976) / Rain 5.17" at Nottingham (2021)
image.png.ca45ae8e4f026468269d6557261d2d0c.png

5 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Never doubt king euro inside 84 hours. Dreadful performance by everyone else.

King euro is long dead. All the computer models are roving bands of leaderless Nomads.

.20" for deluge week resume the drought (with my three week 7.40" intermission)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Guidance "thinks" next week is another wet week :arrowhead:

lmao.  It will take a TS to kill this heat and dryness ONLY.   Dying cold fronts that hang over our region are no longer. They go right out to sea or come back as dry warm fronts with no convective material. Wash and repeat every week for the past 3 months. We need a dying cold front to reach the carolinas and form an LP on the front.  That is not in are cards

• Weenie 1