Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

16 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Just saw my first back-to-school commercial :thumbsup:

Target, Walmart, and Lowes have their first Halloween stuff out. I even saw a santa and a few Christmas gnomes at the Dollar Tree. Saw 2 gaggles of geese flying South yesterday. Winter is coming.

• Like 2

Yesterday was on average our warmest day of the year and we were around 6 degrees cooler than normal for July 19th. Today looks to be our 3rd consecutive below normal temp day across most of Chesco. More clouds than sun today but sunny and hotter tomorrow with temps back in the upper 80's. By Tuesday we start to see some pretty unsettled weather with off and on storm chances through the remainder of the upcoming work week.
Chester County records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 48 degrees at Coatesville (1965) / Rain 3.83" at Coatesville (1981)
image.png.505dd1a5af9d3a2ed1f2b53b8ee1be51.png

Enjoy today's nice weather with sun and not too humid. Because, much of the upcoming work week looks unsettled weather wise with at least a chance of some showers and thunderstorms almost every day through Thursday.
Chester County daily records for today: High 106 degrees at Phoenixville (1930)/ Low 48 degrees at Phoenixville (1965) / Rain 3.60" at West Chester (1919)
image.png.d19cbcfe35a9818b27046564010cddec.png

Just had a very light shower some activity developing very weak boundary moving through.  Looks like movement is east-southeast at about 20-25 mph.  Looks like a weak cell just left Media, another NE Philly moving SE into Burlington and Camden County.  Yet, another just north of Lancaster and I-76 that one looks pretty strong also moving east-southeast. 

Anything would be great for me here in Media.  While down in Sea Isle last week we got a whopping 0.15" the whole week while others got 1-3" of rain. 

what the hell is it the official temps at LVI ?  I have two seperate thermometers that are both over 90 degrees yet at the LVI it is only 84 degrees. A few degrees difference is fine but almost 8-10 degrees with no precip in the area?  Most other local stations around me are near or above 90 degrees too. Too many days like this this summer. LVI is running toocold IMHO and should be checked for calibration. I know they have had problems in the past month.  

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Just had a very light shower some activity developing very weak boundary moving through.  Looks like movement is east-southeast at about 20-25 mph.  Looks like a weak cell just left Media, another NE Philly moving SE into Burlington and Camden County.  Yet, another just north of Lancaster and I-76 that one looks pretty strong also moving east-southeast. 

Anything would be great for me here in Media.  While down in Sea Isle last week we got a whopping 0.15" the whole week while others got 1-3" of rain. 

Got clipped by that little one, had a few drops, meanwhile I could hear a nice steady rain falling in the woods about 300 ft. away.

• Like 1

Quite a bit of rain fell across much of NW Chester and Southern Berks counties this AM. Amounts ranged from as little as almost nothing in Southern Chesco to almost 2 inches in Berks county. Some area amounts East Nantmeal 0.88" / Warwick Twp. 1.19" Chester Springs 0.62" to 1.67" at Spring City.
Showers and storms are possible through much of the upcoming work week before clearly out Thursday night. Hopefully everyone sees some rain. Temperatures with the clouds and rain will be near normal (avg. is low to mid 80's) for highs and above normal for lows (avg. is mid 60's)
Daily records for today: High 105 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 47 degrees at Phoenixville (1944) / Rain 3.26" at West Grove (2018)
image.png.075169aa8d912958fb0299b691a12da9.png

They are still cleaning up around here from last Tuesday night. Lots of orange cones everywhere along the roads.  I haven't seen any reports of a tornado touching down, and the damage is so widespread that it had to be straight line winds.  Still a few roads closed, and around 900 without power.  Mine was restored Friday morning.  Ordered a piece of glass.  Hope I can repair it myself without hiring someone.

Currently having a shower @ 77F

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Looks wet it might make it. Just had a 7 minute downpour probably .20"

A line approaching, nothing severe as of now, but a decent rain line. It'll give the critters a drink unless it dries up...

70F/DP 68F 

line.jpg

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

A line approaching, nothing severe as of now, but a decent rain line. It'll give the critters a drink unless it dries up...

70F/DP 68F 

line.jpg

that sucker will never make it here in the southern Lehigh county area. Dry as a bone the last 24 hours. The block wall remains tight.  Everything to the NW and SE of eastern PA for precip. Mt Holly needs to reduce the precip chances bigtime.

Some beneficial rains overnight across all of Chester County amounts ranged between 0.23" at Nottingham to as much as 0.84" over in Atglen. Today should be drier and maybe even some sun breaks. Rain chances increase again tonight through Thursday before we dry out for what looks like a great weekend!
Daily records for today: High 104 degrees at West Chester (2011) / Low 47 degrees in Phoenixville (1947) / Rain 4.93" at Phoenixville (1927)
image.png.5874c6c4a9ad5287cd54703c42a5b3f3.png

13 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Blob, some decent stuff moving E. Drought guy will probably get screwed out of some this one...

70F/DP 68F

blob.jpg

Yes indeed- nada- drizzle and less than .02 of rain last night.  The ring of drought still lingers around eastern Berks and western Lehigh

• Weenie 1

WE should be having boomers every afternoon with this humidity. Where is the convection?  Drizzle is not going to help the drought conditions. Two days of spotty drizzle with temps in the upper 80's  to near 90 with cloudy days will not cut it. 70% chance of precip should be reduced to 20-30% at this time.  This crappy east west dying pattern is stubborn and will not move away. Bring on the TS to destroy this pattern.

• Weenie 1

We picked up some light rain overnight in some spots with 0.03" in East Nantmeal. We are now almost 4 inches above normal rainfall now this year following our fairly wet stretch of weather this month. Shower chances continue today and especially tomorrow into Thursday evening before we clear up and have a great stretch of dry weather through at least next Tuesday.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at West Chester (2011) / Low 48 degrees at Coatesville (1985) / Rain 2.95" at Elverson/Morgantown (1969)
image.png.cb549f9f434bc5ee6a16e58db6ce6b5b.png