.    NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERGEN               BURLINGTON          CAMDEN
ESSEX                GLOUCESTER          HUDSON
HUNTERDON            MERCER              MIDDLESEX
MONMOUTH             MORRIS              OCEAN
PASSAIC              SOMERSET            SUSSEX
UNION                WARREN
$$

IMBY, today is day 5 of the current heatwave with temps at or above 90.  So far this month, I have had 13 days of 90 and above and with 9 days in June, season to date total is a whopping 22 (and we haven't even finished off July yet let alone gone through August).

Currently a partly sunny and hazy 94 with dp 73.

• Like 2

the batch of t storms in western PA is going up to NY again. Hit and miss for the LV.  We need some t storms to form between Chambersburg and Harrisburg to assure a hit and right now that area is a wiff and blazing hot. Looks like everyone south and just north of  RT 422 is going to get some decent rain

30 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

the batch of t storms in western PA is going up to NY again. Hit and miss for the LV.  We need some t storms to form between Chambersburg and Harrisburg to assure a hit and right now that area is a wiff and blazing hot. Looks like everyone south and just north of  RT 422 is going to get some decent rain

The storms in north central PA will work their way south with the front. Power is not coming back any time soon here I would like a storm fail for once can't wait to see how that works out, probably 60mph winds and golf ball hailstones.

Well that little blob disintegrated as it passed over me.  Apparently it deluged the roadways in Chester County and then Montgomery County on its way here, including Conshohocken and other places along the way, per KYW's traffic report.

Picked up 0.05" from it.

There's another cluster going through Delco at the moment and will most likely miss me to the south.

Currently mostly cloudy but clearing and 79 with dp 73.   It did make it up to 95 as a high here after a low of 72 this morning.

Yet another nice storm here in Allentown. This has been one of the most active periods for storms I can remember around here. Unfortunately it looks like today is the last day of it for a little while. Good thing the trade-off is milder and less humid weather which I will take any day.

• Like 1

Yet another nice storm here in Allentown. This has been one of the most active periods for storms I can remember around here. Unfortunately it looks like today is the last day of it for a little while. Good thing the trade-off is milder and less humid weather which I will take any day.

It was a pretty good storm and this is definitely one of the more active tstorm periods in a while. Got a decent 0.65 for this round with maybe a small shower to wrap things up.

18 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Finally got hit flush for once, 1.5” of liquid gold. Best thunderstorm of the year by far. Nothing severe but great light show and a good soaking. 

Same here over by Princeton.  Line was robust enough to hold together, and well over an inch has fallen.  Still raining lightly.  Only a few claps of thunder.  The trees can drink again.

Most spots across Chester County over the last 7 days have received between 1" to over 3" of rain. Here in East Nantmeal we have received 3.07" of rain since last Thursday. Spots across Southern Chester County have been generally on the lower side of these amounts with more to the North across the county. A nice stretch of weather through the weekend is on the way. Relatively low humidity and temps not far from normal to slightly below.
Chester County daily records for today: High 100 degrees at West Chester (1988) / Low 50.6 at Nottingham (2014) / Rainfall 2.75" at Phoenixville (2019)
image.png.f9c3220c74071f538fb9fbae7487662d.png

Got out of bed around 3am to turn off the AC and open the windows. Also, we're at the time of year now when birds aren't as obnoxious at 4:30am as they are in April & May.

72F/DP 58F