• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

Incredibly only received .80" on the day from one thunderstorm, two thundershowers.

Retrieved the trash cans twice in one one day that might be a first. 

The new post Beryl pattern is wild

5.20" July

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Getting a lot of cloud-to-cloud lightning.  It's almost continuous.  Briefly had almost 1.5"/hr rates but the line is a fast-mover, so not much to show for all the sound and fury so far - 0.23" in the bucket at post time but I'll take it!  Temp is down to 75 with dp 72.

Have the drone up.  Looks like a dance club moving over the city. lol.  Strobing like crazy.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Have some heavy rain and it got a bit breezy, but nothing crazy.   Radar makes it look like I may have missed out on some small hail that passed by just to the south.  

Stuff tomorrow so you may be good. Power up: double battery drone!  We're all counting on you.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BBasile said:

Have the drone up.  Looks like a dance club moving over the city. lol.  Strobing like crazy.  

"Strobing" is the perfect term! :lol:

I finished up with 0.25" of rain but I'll take it.   At least it knocked the temps down about 25 degrees and gave the plants some moisture.  Definitely not enough for all the brown/dormant grass around here though.

Have already bottomed out at 72 this morning and it's currently mostly cloudy, misty, and 74, with dp 72.

• Like 1

Chester County got whalloped from north to south.  Transformer across the street blew  but we didn't lose power for long. Street lights still out in Exton.  Trees down all over the county from Coatesville to Kennett. 

Looks like we picked the wrong week to quit drinking. 

• Haha 1

I'm guessing straight line winds caused all the damage.  It was brutal.  Was sitting there watching it out the front door and then heard glass breaking in my bedroom.  House is old so the windowpane that broke was no match for the wind.   Large limb next door took out the back windshield of my neighbors' car.  The entire play area of Tick Tock Day Care center is destroyed.  Route 41 a nightmare with traffic, and no idea how long it will be to get power back.   I slept on a towel in my bathing suit.  Work is OK so I am currently in AC!  More storms later?  Doing my best not to stress, but it's pretty bad here.

• Sad 2

Widespread 90's again yesterday. In fact yesterday was the first time I have recorded back to back 90 degree days in East Nantmeal since July19-21st in 2020. Another shot at 90 today...but with a strong front sweeping in from the west by late PM or early evening it may keep some folks just below 90 degrees. Strong storms are again possible this evening and then a great stretch of weather with temperatures even a little below normal for Thursday and Friday. Of note on average tomorrow the 18th is the warmest day of the year...for those who love winter average temps begin a slow fall that will continue until the coldest day of the year on January 21st.
Daily Chester County records for today: High 101 degrees at West Chester (1988) / Low 42 degrees at Devault (1954)/ Rain 2.61" at Phoenixville (2018)
image.png.57d6f1f45dee67c3f9d9c3bab6445939.png