• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

6 hours ago, PhiEaglesfan712 said:

This is more like 1996. A cloudy day and there was rain, but there was a window when you could do outdoor activity. It really came down at night and the next day as Bertha came in.

2004 was heavy rain all day.

The only weather I remember from when I was 8 is a 12 inch noreaster and we couldn't find our sleds the next morning, lol. Happy Birthday!

Eta - we did find them after about 5 minutes of kicking around in the snow....

• Like 2

The forecast is for 1.5-2".  I have 0.28 so far.   Bus'in'.  

I have had 0.00 here near Allentown with just some drizzle and now partly to mostly cloudy skies. Luckily I had almost an inch on wed night.

• Like 1

Well, surprisingly I got 1.26” of rain in the early morning (5 mi sw of allentown.) I am over 4” for the month. I feel good with rain heading in this next heatwave.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Total rain here 0.05" not one drop of rain overnight.  I guess we were stuck in the subsidence area between bands.  Currently 74f humidity 96% dewpoint 73f.   

I don’t think it was subsidence, but more of the system being weaker and less organized. 

• Like 2

Very disappointing rain totals across the county yesterday and today. Most spots were under 0.10" of rain. There are still some rain chances today but dry does beget dry so not real optimistic. We "dry out" tomorrow and start to heat up with widespread 90's again likely by Monday through Wednesday before sharply cooler to near to below normal by Thursday.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at West Chester and Coatesville (1954)/ Low 50 degrees at Phoenixville (1974) / Rain 6.20" at Devault (1975)
image.png.2347d4b881a4dca47846da5db03d4c11.png

Apparently it rained really hard in the Lehigh Valley overnight. Radar estimates around 2” at my location. I slept through the whole thing.

Yeah early am it was heavy rain. I went back to bed and was surprised it amounted to 1 1/4” on my gauge. A pleasant surprise for sure as it looked like a bust last night. Certainly not as widespread as was forecasted as fortunately for us the band basically setup over rt 222 from lancaster to allentown.

13 hours ago, RedSky said:

Radar hallucinations are telling me the overnight rain shield is setting up far to the northwest

Yep

.10" overnight with heavy rain from just a couple miles NW. 

.30" from the coastal flooder and 3.90" July

Most spots except the higher elevations hit 90 degrees yesterday more of the same today and then even hotter Monday and Tuesday with mid to upper 90's especially in lower spots. Cold front slices thru by Wednesday night with temps close to normal but most importantly lower humidity by late week.
Chester County records for today: High 102 degrees in Phoenixville (1954) / Low 50 degrees at Devault (1960)/ Rain 4.00" at West Grove (1975)
image.png.ecf99a761ce91321cac2482043458bb9.png

23 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Just got back from the car wash, let's see if that triggers anything.

78F/DP 75F

Welp…it didn’t rain but the birds had no trouble finding the recently washed car :angry: