• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

Here in East Nantmeal we picked up 0.17" of needed rain overnight. We see sun return again today with a few degrees cooler than the last several days. Temps should stay in the upper 80's with maybe a few lower spots touching 90 degrees. Rain chances increase by tomorrow PM through Saturday morning - fingers crossed! The local farmers and lawns could surely use a bit more rain. While we are still 1.70" above normal with rain and melted snow so far this year....we are 4.03" below normal through yesterday here in East Nantmeal.
Chester County records for today: High 106 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 45 degrees at Coatesville way back in 1898/ Rain 4.53" at Phoenixville (2019)
image.png.006020a6756ea92e8570171cb11fa931.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Guidance is juiced for Friday into Saturday, weighted with the heaviest in the southeast sections that have been missing out.

Cold/cooler front which moved through last night dodging backwards but only so much, SE does better?

Mowed the lawn/trimmed today but damn I think I'm good till August...junk barely growing.

87F/DP 67F

Speaking of:  

72.jpg

Topped out at 95 yesterday after a 79 low and was surprised to have gotten anything at all from the overnight line where I picked up 0.10" sometime between 2 - 3 am this morning.  That was my first rain for the month of July.

Had a "cooler" low of 74 this morning and I did briefly touch 90 just after 1 pm today, making it day 8 of the heatwave and temps at or above 90.  Currently 89 and mostly sunny, with a MUCH BETTER dp of 69 ("much better" meaning not dps of 79 and 80 like the past couple days even when 69 starts getting rough :yikes:).

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Cold/cooler front which moved through last night dodging backwards but only so much, SE does better?

Mowed the lawn/trimmed today but damn I think I'm good till August...junk barely growing.

87F/DP 67F

Speaking of:  

72.jpg

Yeah I'm getting ready to mow here, I figure the rain last night will help it, then 2 days of some rain followed by another heat blast, leaves today as the day. Much better today, but still pretty sweatable when you get busy.

We had some light rain earlier with more just entering the county from the south. We should see a few rounds of rain some heavy through tonight into tomorrow morning. Many spots could pick up at least 1" to 2" of rain - higher amounts are possible. With the rain temps will be a bit below average (83 degrees) today. We dry out and heat up again by Sunday.
Chester County records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 45 degrees also at Phoenixville (1945) / Rain 4.02" at KMQS Coatesville Airport (2013)
image.png.78bad7578513ac77f8548421cdf3c146.png

3 hours ago, Albedoman said:

no productive heavy rain- light showers.. Just will make it more humid. 

This is more like 1996. A cloudy day and there was rain, but there was a window when you could do outdoor activity. It really came down at night and the next day as Bertha came in.

2004 was heavy rain all day.

4 hours ago, Physicsteve said:

Once again approaching rain went *poof* and dissipated around me but on the bright side the AC finally kicked off for the first time in over a week last night. 

Yup that’s what it’s done all morning here. The showers get to the del river then poof. Probably have gotten a whopping .05 tops. Looking like another rain bust as the storms are setting up to train over s jersey and somehow to the west of us. We are going to have desert sand dunes in lower bucks by August at this rate. 

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Yup that’s what it’s done all morning here. The showers get to the del river then poof. Probably have gotten a whopping .05 tops. Looking like another rain bust as the storms are setting up to train over s jersey and somehow to the west of us. We are going to have desert sand dunes in lower bucks by August at this rate. 

Tale of two worlds in Bucks. July became a rain forrest up here.