• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Great day to do lawn maintenance.Trim trees/bushes and other stuff...maybe some roof work.

lc.jpg

Funny you mention that, I ordered a battery powered snipper/loppers and it came yesterday. So I went to try it out and 2 hours later I was done for now - it has a snip counter and it was up to 1300 when I stopped, lol. Pretty cool tool, better than I had imagined. Kind of addictive. Left a lot of cleanup in my wake, lol. Needless to say I was drenched.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Funny you mention that, I ordered a battery powered snipper/loppers and it came yesterday. So I went to try it out and 2 hours later I was done for now - it has a snip counter and it was up to 1300 when I stopped, lol. Pretty cool tool, better than I had imagined. Kind of addictive. Left a lot of cleanup in my wake, lol. Needless to say I was drenched.

New  tools/gadgets are fun to mess around with but in your case, not in this weather...

Up to 96F/DP 74F

• Like 1

All spots across the County exceeded the 90 degree mark with the oh so close exception of East Nantmeal where we could "only" reach 89.9 degrees!. The next coolest spot was West Grove at 90.9. Some of the hotter spots included Chester Springs 95 degrees and. KOQN Brandywine Airport also 95. The hot temps looks to continue for the next few days before we drop back into the 80's by Wednesday. Along with the temp drop will come increasing shower chances by Tuesday night. Each day from Wednesday thru Saturday will feature a chance at some showers.
Chester County records for today: High 103 degrees at Phoenixville (2010)/ Low was 47 degrees at West Chester (2001) / Rain 2.23" at Coatesville (1907)
image.png.59a4221496b9c033b2aaa350594053da.png

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Good old fashion overnight T-Storm. Not severe but wind, lightning, thunder, downpour...

old.jpg

No thunder or lightning here, but this little guy snuck through around 3 - 4 am and gave us 0.25". Heard some heavy rain for about a minute.  Pleasant surprise! 

Screenshot_20240707_105520_Chrome.jpg.5f51851d59595e2c077103c24baee601.jpg

• Like 1

This high heat/humidity is absolutely disgusting.  Although people in the southeast have to be amused at some of our posts. This would be a normal summer for them.  Why people move down there is beyond me.

22 hours ago, wkd said:

This high heat/humidity is absolutely disgusting.  Although people in the southeast have to be amused at some of our posts. This would be a normal summer for them.  Why people move down there is beyond me.

I just got back from Pawley’s Island, SC on Friday and it was less hot/humid there than it was here last week/this weekend :frostymelt: I had cut the grass right before I left and it’s still the same height as 10 days ago. 

A few spots picked up some showers last evening including 0.14" at Chester Springs...most folks however saw little or no rain. Most spots except the higher locations like Atglen, West Grove and East Nantmeal exceeded 90 degrees. More 90's and high humidity likely through Wednesday....before shower chances increase with the impact of the remnants of Beryl by late week.
Chester County records for today: High 101 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 49 degrees at Coatesville (1954) / Rain 3.44" at Phoenixville (1964)
image.png.7797041809be8a3c4e22429a6e8c7fd4.png

20 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
A few spots picked up some showers last evening including 0.14" at Chester Springs...most folks however saw little or no rain. Most spots except the higher locations like Atglen, West Grove and East Nantmeal exceeded 90 degrees. More 90's and high humidity likely through Wednesday....before shower chances increase with the impact of the remnants of Beryl by late week.
Chester County records for today: High 101 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 49 degrees at Coatesville (1954) / Rain 3.44" at Phoenixville (1964)
image.png.7797041809be8a3c4e22429a6e8c7fd4.png

your wx station has siting issues

IMG_7004.png

• Like 1