• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

I don't think you could have beat last weekend for low humidity and warm temps as well as a breeze. I was at a HS graduation this past Saturday for one of my nieces that was held at Millersville U in Lancaster County and it was a gorgeous day for it.

But that weather is all history now. :lol:

Started off today with a low of 65 and reasonable dews in the low 60s but even that is also history.  I expect 88 will be my eventual high for today.

It's currently the triple Hs - a hazy, hot, and humid 87, with lots of cumulus and a dp of 72.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

When was the last time there was a snowstorm in the Northwest and a tropical system in the GOM at the same time in mid June? Strange look to see that on guidance.

They sure are getting some late season snows in the West this year. Don't forget 9-9-2020, it snowed down to Denver and Arizona. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

When was the last time there was a snowstorm in the Northwest and a tropical system in the GOM at the same time in mid June? Strange look to see that on guidance.

I’m sure there’s a Wiggum rule for that. :lol:

First night of not dropping out of the 70’s, bottomed out at 70F on the nose.

74F/DP 67F

• Haha 1

With the start of our heatwave for most places tomorrow....I thought I would highlight how relatively infrequent heatwaves (3 or more consecutive days exceeding 90 degrees) are here in Chester County PA. in just looking at the last 10 years. The below shows how the modest elevation above sea level differences across the county impact the prevalence of heatwaves. In fact the 2 highest locations East Nantmeal and Atglen have each only experienced 2 heatwaves during the past 10 years. The below is ranked by elevation from highest to lowest and there is a clear correlation to 90 degree days and heatwaves. Three of the top 6 higher spots have not seen a heatwave over the past 2 years. The lowest locale down in Phoenixville is the spot to be if you like heatwaves as they average 5 per year. While the highest spots will in most years not see a heatwave, Lower spots generally should expect only 1 heat wave per summer.

image.thumb.png.5391749ba3a9e6b0c258fc000c420622.png

13 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There is....snow in the NW in mid June = above avg warmth here.

Damn! I was hoping it meant a late-season snowfall here. Winter 2023-24: Delayed but not denied!!

74F/DP 68F

• Haha 1

Yesterday's high here in East Nantmeal was 85.4 our warmest day since the 85.9 back on April 29th. Most spots across the County failed to touch the 90 degree mark....but today should see most with the exception of the higher spots like East Nantmeal and Atlgen hitting 90 degrees. Many spots should see temps in the 90's over the weekend before the "heat wave" breaks and we see temps fall back into the mid to upper 80's. There can be some small rain chances starting on Friday night through the weekend.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1929) / Low 39 degrees at Devault (1954) / Record rain 2.88" at West Grove (1934)
image.png.bbd6b6ec71733febfdeb0fc869b4afbd.png

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Amen!

78F/DP 69F

And Summer rolls into October these days. The ONLY positive thing is the grass slows down growing, every thing else sucks!

Heat lovers are mental lunatics/sinners...

This sucks @ 10am:

su.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

And Summer rolls into October these days. The ONLY positive thing is the grass slows down growing, every thing else sucks!

Heat lovers are mental lunatics/sinners...

This sucks @ 10am:

su.jpg

Had my annual AC check up yesterday. It's a 12 year old unit with a restriction in it...probably running at 70% efficiency. No point fixing it, the repair is almost as much as a new unit. Hoping to get one more summer/fall/Christmas season out of it.