• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm wondering like @Jns2183 is - what happened yesterday? 

It is "normal" for my area to be (several degrees) warmer than over your way. Yesterday's high was perfectly forecasted for here...low to mid 90s. My high was 94. Why was your area suddenly so ridiculously hot yesterday, only to see it revert back to the norm today? Was it supposed to be as hot as it was over your way yesterday? I wasn't aware that anyone close to here was going to make a run at 100 yesterday. Your obs really caught me off guard. 

Yes, some models were forecasting higher totals over here yesterday and I assumed it was due to the lower DP's and lack of clouds over here.   See this example.  Now the mid 100's was not forecasted so anything over 101 is suspect of course.   At one point yesterday I think there were 6-7 100 readings in Franklin and Fulton on Wunderground.  I posted some but not sure I caught the max.    92 here right now with some light rain in N Franklin. 

image.png.d7da20cd02c6f9bc0eb04475a16b85af.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, some models were for forecasting higher totals over here yesterday and I assumed it was due to the lower DP's and lack of clouds over here.   See this example.  Now the mid 100's was not forecasted so anything over 101 is suspect of course.   At one point yesterday I think there were 6-7 100 readings in Franklin and Fulton on Wunderground.  I posted some but not sure I caught the max.

image.png.d7da20cd02c6f9bc0eb04475a16b85af.png

I'm guessing wind trajectory through the valley helped too? 

• Like 1

Lightning in far western Cumberland county. Storms popping and hauling ass due east. At least the upper levels have some umph today with flow. I'm making a call that this turns into an @canderson storm and drops more than 0.05" on him

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Most of the disparity seems to be driven by the presence of storms, rather than the front pushing through, so I would still lean towards some part of the day getting above 90 if I were a betting man.

Right, I think the clouds and possible rain (out in front of the front, albeit it slowing down...EC really slows it down as DP's do not drop until Thur afternoon now) was always the key for the heat wave ending one day earlier than previously forecast.    I do think the NWS zones calling for mid 90's were too high either way...at least for the data we have right now. 

• Like 1

The entire continental US is high or close to it at the end of the Euro run.   The only real hot area is far SW.  The recently decayed trough in the mid-south is keeping them cooler than recent times along with the showery rain out in front of it.   This is not as nice of a look as DT was suggesting but not far off.  A bit too humid here to qualify for his suggestions.   There is a path now for this current heat wave to be the last in July.   The Bermuda High/SER is pushed so far East/South that we are on the periphery and not getting pumped with hot air. 

image.thumb.png.4152be345abb1939deef98e4eb1e0c2d.png

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The entire continental US is high or close to it at the end of the Euro run.   The only real hot area is far SW.  The recently decayed trough in the mid-south is keeping them cooler than recent times along with the showery rain out in front of it.   This is not as nice of a look as DT was suggesting but not far off.  A bit too humid here to qualify for his suggestions.   There is a path now for this current heat wave to be the last in July.   The Bermuda High/SER is pushed so far East/South that we are on the periphery and not getting pumped with hot air. 

image.thumb.png.4152be345abb1939deef98e4eb1e0c2d.png

I need to get my staff together pronto...how does HR deal with an entire work populous that is showing up for work high? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I need to get my staff together pronto...how does HR deal with an entire work populous that is showing up for work high? 

If everyone is high, that is the new norm then, so all is well.  Sort of like that pig face episode of The Twilight Zone.   No $$$ needed for helping fix that crisis in ice cream land!  LOL

image.png.337463bedbcf068c8b1ced5c8cb52d37.png

• Haha 1

You start a snack company as side gig, use your contacts to get exclusive rights to sell on company property and retire the following year with millions.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

In the 1970's I loved going there because they gave away orange juice samples.   The phrase/words Kissel Hill associate with OJ to me. 

I've been loyal for years. I pay a little more but appreciate a local business that emphasizes quality. 

• Like 2

Wow!! The isolated thunderstorm that just rolled through my area (heading east towards MDT) was unreal.  My temp started off at 93 degrees and proceeded to fall to 73 degrees within 15 minutes.  The winds started howling and the rain was coming down like a hurricane.  Then, pea size hail began to hit the ground.  Then the sun came out but it was still storming with heavy rain and winds.  I really don't think I've ever witnessed this type of event before.  It went through so quickly that I only recorded 0.31" of rain.  Everything has finally settled down to light rain and almost no wind.  Whoever gets this storm, get ready for a wild ride!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I missed a big storm when I was away but I've literally only heard 3 claps of thunder all year. Any storms that fire seem to not produce any lightning around here. I'm used to big heat producing loud storms. I do not understand this at all. I'm assuming @canderson got missed like me with storms literally skipping over us

The storm Carlisle was speaking about did not even get 20 miles past him and it was 100% dissipated and congealed with a weaker cell to its south. 
We literally have a dome here. Unless a storm blows up in top of me with no warning it will miss

Cell formed over I83 in York County - was headed directly at me. Got to the river less than 2 miles from home and just disintegrated. Ugh.

Wasn't expecting rain today but got a little invested in that cell only to be let down again. Sort of like being an Orioles fan. 

• Sad 1

Cell formed over I83 in York County - was headed directly at me. Got to the river less than 2 miles from home and just disintegrated. Ugh.
Wasn't expecting rain today but got a little invested in that cell only to be let down again. Sort of like being an Orioles fan. 
I think for our own sanity we need to draw a cone that incorporates a 20 minute range of motion of where the storm will be. If not in that cone no need to get invested

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk