• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems that we cannot go a summer without major drought issues even if some get lucky some years...the overall trend, big picture, is many areas of the LSV or near go through drought every summer. 

It does seem that way. And this year the spinner pointed to our way down here.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Loving the 48 hour model - temp PBP. It's truly an elite thread when I can read this kind of analysis. 

Next up is a Jomboy breakdown on Snowman's meal prep.

Glad you are enjoying the content!  :-).  I might as well give you some more!  Rgem is a push slight to Team Canderson's side with less precip and a high near 90. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seems that we cannot go a summer without major drought issues even if some get lucky some years...the overall trend, big picture, is many areas of the LSV or near go through drought every summer. 
2011 - 2018 we had opposite problem. I think we just need to get used to having huge swings the last several years

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 538
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1220 PM EDT MON JUL 15 2024

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 538 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC015-023-035-047-081-083-105-113-115-117-123-131-152300-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0538.240715T1620Z-240715T2300Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BRADFORD             CAMERON             CLINTON
ELK                  LYCOMING            MCKEAN
POTTER               SULLIVAN            SUSQUEHANNA
TIOGA                WARREN              WYOMING
$$

89/72 here.  The focus on the heat has moved to central and East LSV today as evidenced by this graphic showing upper 80s and low 90's for most west points.   A few higher numbers out west but not nearly like yesterday when we had some 100 readings by now.    Only 88 just SW of Hanover. 

Capture.JPG

89/72 here.  The focus on the heat has moved to central and East LSV today as evidenced by this graphic showing upper 80s and low 90's for most west points.   A few higher numbers out west but not nearly like yesterday when we had some 100 readings by now.    Only 88 just SW of Hanover. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.c92d3ff6604e1986bb9bfee6251c9951.JPG
Id love to know what causes these little micro heat domes

47 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Capture.JPG

I'm wondering like @Jns2183 is - what happened yesterday? 

It is "normal" for my area to be (several degrees) warmer than over your way. Yesterday's high was perfectly forecasted for here...low to mid 90s. My high was 94. Why was your area suddenly so ridiculously hot yesterday, only to see it revert back to the norm today? Was it supposed to be as hot as it was over your way yesterday? I wasn't aware that anyone close to here was going to make a run at 100 yesterday. Your obs really caught me off guard. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Whoa, a late comeback gives the under 90 side the win at 12Z. 

Most of the disparity seems to be driven by the presence of storms, rather than the front pushing through, so I would still lean towards some part of the day getting above 90 if I were a betting man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Most of the disparity seems to be driven by the presence of storms, rather than the front pushing through, so I would still lean towards some part of the day getting above 90 if I were a betting man.

I "need" a 90 on Wednesday - that gets me to an even 20 days for the year. I would not feel right stuck at 19. Kind of like the volume on my TV remote...it has to be a 15, 20, 25, 30, etc. :)  

• Haha 2

I "need" a 90 on Wednesday - that gets me to an even 20 days for the year. I would not feel right stuck at 19. Kind of like the volume on my TV remote...it has to be a 15, 20, 25, 30, etc.   
1966 had 57 for June, July, August