• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:
  · 

EXTREME LIFE THREATENING HEAT THIS MONDAY & TUESDAY LIKELY NC VA MD DEL NJ... southeast PA NYC southeast NEW ENGLAND... 100 + in Raleigh Greensboro Richmond Charlottesville Fredericksburg all in Northern Virginia DC Baltimore Southern Maryland. Readings 95 to 100 from Philly to Southeast New England.
The actual heat begins on Sunday as most of this area moves into the 95 to 100° range from Baltimore to SC. Bbut the extreme stuff according to the operational GFS mode -- which is usually has a cool bias to it --- shows max temperatures of 103 in Richmond On Monday and Tuesday and 104 in DC On Tuesday with a few areas in Northern Virginia going above 105°.
I hope to God that these numbers from the operational GFS model are overdone. But they might not be which is why I'm telling you about the potential for extreme heat. Indeed temps over 100° also showing up on the Canadian and the European model in the same areas of the same time frame
May be an image of text

Was this from the $5 service or the $20 service?

56 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I hope @Bubbler86 is currently ninja watering his lawn @canderson is currently checking his spacesuit for any holes in preparation for his walk to the car Monday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I watered the entire yard yesterday while it was cloudy.  Took 3-4 hours but got .2" down on everything.    Rain is better though as it contains Nitrogen that Ninja watering does not provide. 

How to Learn Ninja Techniques: Ninjutsu at Home

Offering a snow plowing service in the LSV is along the lines of opening a Blockbuster store or listing Red Box Technician on your resume. 

For [mention=12693]Blizzard of 93[/mention] before he heads out for his 6 different softball tournaments today
image.thumb.png.805cdefe040957a162d8e571a3a161a1.png

Rain?

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Rain?

Yep, frontal passage.  A stronger one.   Heat gone for a few days after the pass.   These temps are more clouds and drizzle as the heavier rain is the night before.  Next potential 90's day not until the following Mon (GFS and CMC).  If the front speeds up anymore, Wed is not going to be a 90's day.   As of now Wed is still hot though.  Right now,  I do not see much support for triple digits next week (models).  We are at the top of a weak ridge and going to have clouds and occasional convection.  The Hot EC has MDT in the 80's at 18Z both Mon and Tue.  If the clouds do not happen, then maybe.   The GFS is really the only thing that is extra hot and that is indeed due to differences at 500H.    

Yep, frontal passage.  A stronger one.   Heat gone for a few days after the pass.   These temps are more clouds and drizzle as the heavier rain is the night before.  Next potential 90's day not until the following Mon (GFS and CMC).  If the front speeds up anymore, Wed is not going to be a 90's day.   As of now Wed is still hot though.  Right now,  I do not see much support for triple digits next week (models).  We are at the top of the weak ridge and going to have clouds and occasional convection.  The Hot EC has MDT in the 80's at 18Z both Mon and Tue.  If the clouds do not happen then maybe.   The GFS is really the only thing that is extra hot.   
So applying the current summer corrections to it the front passage will be dry with a high Wednesday still in the upper 80's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So applying the current summer corrections to it the front passage will be dry with a high Wednesday still in the upper 80's

I would take a bet on it not being dry but not saying it is drought buster.    If the GFS does pull the coup and it gets into the 100's next week, you will have to stop dishing out drinks as that will hurt people already suffering. 

I would take a bet on it not being dry but not saying it is drought buster.    If the GFS does pull the coup and it gets into the 100's next week, you will have to stop dishing out drinks as that will hurt people already suffering. 
Why stop making drinks?

Low of 65 here but quite humid out.   Focus on scattered cells is West of LSV today, Eastern LSV tomorrow but anyone could get a surprise either day. 
So central gets skipped?

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So central gets skipped?

No, just the focus.  There cells all over the LSV both days on the mesos's just more to the west today and more to the east tomorrow.  Central, like all of us, are in the game pretty much every day for the foreseeable future.  Here is the RGEM as an example:

image.png.dd0a0ff3076eb89f0025e9af8f1c58c0.png

image.thumb.png.69738044c69266d59229679d605fe99b.png

Also [mention=4667]Jns2183[/mention] there has been an MCS Monday night on models for a couple days now.   

Capture.thumb.JPG.5d36848ded65299b90620ab24d7bc0e6.JPG
That's what I'm talking about. 4am jump out bed, dog jumping under cover shaking, baby waking, house rattling thunder

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

That's what I'm talking about. 4am jump out bed, dog jumping under cover shaking, baby waking, house rattling thunder

But enough about farting spouses. Let's talk about the weather.

• Haha 3

But enough about farting spouses. Let's talk about the weather.
Being able to make a big dog jump up, run, dive under bed, whimpering, and shaking with a merely a infinitesimal left of a thigh and cheek is the truest form of shear manly dominance

That and locking the windows while driving late night to the beach on vacation after hitting that late night taco bell menu and adding 5 packets of FIRE sauce to each item

Very disappointing rain totals across the county yesterday and today. Most spots were under 0.10" of rain. There are still some rain chances today but dry does beget dry so not real optimistic. We "dry out" tomorrow and start to heat up with widespread 90's again likely by Monday through Wednesday before sharply cooler to near to below normal by Thursday.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at West Chester and Coatesville (1954)/ Low 50 degrees at Phoenixville (1974) / Rain 6.20" at Devault (1975)
image.png.2347d4b881a4dca47846da5db03d4c11.png