• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

It is fairly common for homes in Florida to be out of power for 2-4 weeks after a Hurricane.    Temps are 95-98 and HI is 115-125.   

I thinking living at 6-8kft close by a cool ocean is ideal

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I thinking living at 6-8kft close by a cool ocean is ideal

Central Florida is very far from the Ocean.  There is no relief there.  It is worse there almost every day for 5-6 months vs. any day here.   98/80 is commonplace.

• Sad 1

Central Florida is very far from the Ocean.  There is no relief there.  It is worse there almost every day for 5-6 months vs. any day here.   98/80 is commonplace.

It is absolutely brutal. Was there in August. Nothing like what we experience. Only relief was from daily thunderstorms.

• Like 2

People who enjoy it there have to be aliens.

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

It is absolutely brutal. Was there in August. Nothing like what we experience. Only relief was from daily thunderstorms.

When we wee in Sarasota recently it was miserable.  All the local were complaining even. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I usually go to Florida in the off-season but spent 2 weeks there in August 2012. It was cooler with identical humidity in Orlando than it was here. Lots of days in the upper 80s.

In Ocala we once had over 100 days in a row where it reached 90.  Between May and October it stays below 90 less than 10 days on average. Over half those days get to 95 but never to 100.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I usually go to Florida in the off-season but spent 2 weeks there in August 2012. It was cooler with identical humidity in Orlando than it was here. Lots of days in the upper 80s.

What you experienced was exceedingly rare.  Here is last August in Orlando.  The one day it did not hit 90, it made 89 (until end of month 85).    They had a rare 100 day. 

image.png.79ec900d66847be8d45f05bf1a595956.png

image.png.77a651613f371cc383aa5096646d3101.png

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What you experienced was exceedingly rare.  Here is last August in Orlando.  The one day it did not hit 90, it made 89 (until end of month 85).    They had a rare 100 day. 

image.png.79ec900d66847be8d45f05bf1a595956.png

image.png.77a651613f371cc383aa5096646d3101.png

We talked about it our entire trip. I was fully prepared to melt. And full transparency- some of those days likely were in the at least the low 90s. I wasn't there to keep record keeping. LOL. I do remember talking to my parents back home here and many days were hotter here than Orlando.

We also went in mid-September a few years before that...it was hot and humid for sure but we did just fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Moral of this story is Florida should be sawed off and forgotten 

Red Sox are playing better than anyone in the division and it's not close.

I was at the Orioles game tonight. What a listless team. Nothing like last year, honestly the Red Sox sort of remind me of the 2022 Orioles. Young and very exciting.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We talked about it our entire trip. I was fully prepared to melt. And full transparency- some of those days likely were in the at least the low 90s. I wasn't there to keep record keeping. LOL. I do remember talking to my parents back home here and many days were hotter here than Orlando.

We also went in mid-September a few years before that...it was hot and humid for sure but we did just fine.

It is not that their hot days are any hotter than our hot days, it is that they are ALL hot days for ~ 6 months.  The humidity there is worse than here because even our worst is their best.    It is like living in a jail for 6 months. 

• Like 1