• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow.

I've never placed a bet in my life but that's tempting. I'll take the over on that. Maybe not 90 but low 80s? 

I'm skeptical.

And this is exhibit A on why I've never and will never bet. I'm going to go down big time. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Look at that deform band! 

Chessie again with the almost perfectly formatted winner zone.   This does not appear to be going tropical but has a few characteristics.   Some of these people drawing up the model graphics use their crayons even more efficiently than the drought folks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

81 at 2pm. Whatever model last evening was showing 82-83 for a high today (the one I basically mocked at the time) looks like it's going to be SPOT on...

3K, Rgem, and Fv3 though the sun could still break out.  A few more hours of possible rise yet.   77 here and unless the sun does break out, we are staying under 80 over this way. 

• Like 1

One thing I'm noticing - forecast highs for next week are going up, up, and up some more. Lots of upper 90s/100 for the first several days of the week. Should be into the 20s for days above 90 for the year and double digit days at or above 95. (currently 16/8) 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One thing I'm noticing - forecast highs for next week are going up, up, and up some more. Lots of upper 90s/100 for the first several days of the week. Should be into the 20s for days above 90 for the year and double digit days above 95. (currently 16/8) 

I read should be in the 20's and had visions of Christmas.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One thing I'm noticing - forecast highs for next week are going up, up, and up some more. Lots of upper 90s/100 for the first several days of the week. Should be into the 20s for days above 90 for the year and double digit days above 95. (currently 16/8) 

Your post also spurred me to check that stat.  This is MDT not ITT and is 95+ not above 95.   These stats really back the people who say humidity is the real issue right now.   Just one days in the 2000's that made top 10. 

image.png.719e86ed5e452f1243e849291ae232f4.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your post also spurred me to check that stat.  This is MDT not ITT and is 95+ not above 95.

image.png.719e86ed5e452f1243e849291ae232f4.png

Thank you for 2 things:

1. Posting that - appreciate the data

2. My comment - I actually meant to say for me "at or above 95" - I will edit my post. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I cannot imagine a July 1999 for Canderson.  18 days of 95 +.    6 days of 100 or higher.  LOL.

Peculiar that 2 of the busiest periods for 95+ in the Harrisburg area where during prominent wars (whether one considers Vietnam a war or not.)

image.png.6c10cdc95a5cb54df0f32986070d88e0.png

image.png.86c0825de032eb97b0f0c016c7c961c5.png

Go pull July 1999 for DFW and let's compare. Will be interesting. That wasn't that hot of a year IIRC. 1980 summer in Texas is stuff of legend, too. 

The 1998 summer was literal hell. I just had to look it up to see if memory meets data and it does.

56 days over 100, and hit 100 every day from July 6 to August 3. Went to a music festival at Starplex in Dallas that year and saw SO MANY PEOPLE passing out from heat stroke it was insane. Thankfully today people and venues are a bit smarter. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

The 1998 summer was literal hell. I just had to look it up to see if memory meets data and it does.

56 days over 100, and hit 100 every day from July 6 to August 3. Went to a music festival at Starplex in Dallas that year and saw SO MANY PEOPLE passing out from heat stroke it was insane. Thankfully today people and venues are a bit smarter. 

All this while MDT is rockin' 82 at nearly 4PM in mid-July (with no rain.) 

• Like 1