• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Got 0 66" at the house. Of course it hit right when I was hooking up to load my last delivery of the night. I got soaked. Then I got to run in it all the way to Allentown where I got soaked again.
No real wind, but it was a good rain and lightning producer. 
I guess you brought Arizona rainfall patterns on your trip home, but somehow it got lost on 81 right after the PA/MD border and It spent the last 60 days drifting around down here causing havoc

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

64 for the low... up to 66 with a refreshing 59 for a DP.   Models this Am look like a good old East Coast Smasher with Susky and Southeast getting most of the goods the next 3 days.   From AFD:

Latest ensemble plumes
indicate 0.5 to 1 inch of much needed rain is likely over parts
of Lancaster County by early Saturday, with markedly less rain
potential to the northwest.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

73 was my low but the humidity is much lower thank goodness. 

MDT didn’t drop below 70 - they might set a record for record high lows. 

They did the previous 2 days but the record of 76 today is safe in that they dropped to 72 or 73 this AM.  

MDT Set 12 Max Min records in 2021 and 11 in 2016 and 1991.  So far this year they have 8.

Another interesting stat, the last year MDT did not set a Max Min record was 2003.  It then goes to 1996 for the next one then 1983 at which point it becomes quite common to find years with no max mins.   1990 and up have taken the majority of the max mins per capita at MDT.  Whether due to CC or HIA. 

A quick parse, did not double check but close, shows that of the 365 days in a year, 168/46% of the Max mins have occurred since 1990.      In other words, in only 26% of the record keeping years (34 of the total 136 years), MDT has run up close to 50% of the records. 

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT Set 12 Max Min records in 2021 and 11 in 2016 and 1991.  So far this year they have 8.

Another interesting stat, the last year MDT did not set a Max Min record was 2003.  It then goes to 1996 for the next one then 1983 at which point it becomes quite common to find years with no max mins.   1990 and up have taken the majority of the max mins per capita at MDT.  Whether due to CC or HIA. 

A quick parse, did not double check but close, shows that of the 365 days in a year, 168/46% of the Max mins have occurred since 1990.      In other words, in only 17% of the record keeping years (24 of the total 136 years), MDT has run up close to 50% of the records. 

34 years since 1990;)

Great stats Bubbs!

• Like 1

Northeast Drought Summary

Temperatures were warmer than normal over the region during the current period with departures from 4-6 degrees above normal in New England to 2-4 degrees above normal in the southern portions of the region. Precipitation was spotty with the greatest amounts recorded over Maine, southern New York, northern New Jersey and western Connecticut. Areas of the Mid-Atlantic were the driest, especially southern Pennsylvania, Delaware, southern New Jersey, eastern Maryland and northern Virginia. With the dryness, abnormally dry conditions spread over southern Maine into southern New Hampshire, central Pennsylvania and parts of New Jersey. Severe drought expanded over northern Virginia and eastern West Virgnia as well as portions of southern Pennsylvania.

Full Summary

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We'll see what happens - currently sitting at 80.2 at 9:20am.

My sense is that it does NOT reach 90. I'm going with 85-88 today. :) Something to watch on any otherwise benign weather day!

Yep, have to do something to create excitement.   Only 69 here.   Ehh, corrected to 70.  It just went up a tad. 

• Like 1

Northeast Drought Summary

Temperatures were warmer than normal over the region during the current period with departures from 4-6 degrees above normal in New England to 2-4 degrees above normal in the southern portions of the region. Precipitation was spotty with the greatest amounts recorded over Maine, southern New York, northern New Jersey and western Connecticut. Areas of the Mid-Atlantic were the driest, especially southern Pennsylvania, Delaware, southern New Jersey, eastern Maryland and northern Virginia. With the dryness, abnormally dry conditions spread over southern Maine into southern New Hampshire, central Pennsylvania and parts of New Jersey. Severe drought expanded over northern Virginia and eastern West Virgnia as well as portions of southern Pennsylvania.
Full Summary
      Capture.thumb.JPG.4843b2eaa172305d947937f0bff216b6.JPG
How long till D3 starts to show up in the mountains of West Virginia?

Here in East Nantmeal we picked up 0.17" of needed rain overnight. We see sun return again today with a few degrees cooler than the last several days. Temps should stay in the upper 80's with maybe a few lower spots touching 90 degrees. Rain chances increase by tomorrow PM through Saturday morning - fingers crossed! The local farmers and lawns could surely use a bit more rain. While we are still 1.70" above normal with rain and melted snow so far this year....we are 4.03" below normal through yesterday here in East Nantmeal.
Chester County records for today: High 106 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 45 degrees at Coatesville way back in 1898/ Rain 4.53" at Phoenixville (2019)
image.png.006020a6756ea92e8570171cb11fa931.png

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I forgot just how bad 2002 was. After yesterday's swing and miss I feel worst for @canderson since he may be watching clouds tomorrow as beneficial rain soaks Lancaster county.

That chart is a little off center on some of the date marks but looks like only 6 summers since 2000 have not had at least a D1 drought in PA.   Meos's do have some scattered rain through all of the LSV tomorrow.    The thing for Lanco, do they have 2 days of on and off rain? 

Home from a brief up-and-back to Orbisonia and the clouds appear to be on the retreat. Nice breeze and it's 69 degrees currently, which is... you know... 

Nice.

• Haha 1