• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

Is your mower starting to rust away?

He didn't mention it, but it committed suicide. Lawnmowers have an immense suicide rate and when the reality hits them that they no longer serve a purpose, it's over.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

I wonder if he's burying it in his backyard?

Going to need a jackhammer to get through the soil at this point. Probably better off just setting the corpse in a shadeless spot and undergoing cremation.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I think I remember him mowing a lot during 2019-2022 where MDT had 32-35 ninety or higher days every one of those years.  MDT is running slightly behind all these years as of now but may catch up by mid-week next week.  The convection lottery has been terrible to some of the Lanco folks as well as Canderson.  

image.png.db5a923aab21a7abdb4d288a0491f9a8.png

40 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It's getting rusty, though not as rusty as my snow shovel, which I haven't used for 3 consecutive winters.

39 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

He didn't mention it, but it committed suicide. Lawnmowers have an immense suicide rate and when the reality hits them that they no longer serve a purpose, it's over.

As long as it's been since I used it, might very well be dead. 

36 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I wonder if he's burying it in his backyard?

Right beside my wif...whiffle ball bat. 

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think I remember him mowing a lot during 2019-2022 where MDT had 32-35 ninety or higher days every one of those years.  MDT is running slightly behind all these years as of now but may catch up by mid-week next week.  The convection lottery has been terrible to some of the Lanco folks as well as Canderson.  

image.png.db5a923aab21a7abdb4d288a0491f9a8.png

I've mowed a lot every year for years. Since I was handed over the responsibility from my dad when I was 4. Big difference this year...it ain't raining. This seems unprecedented to me. It's not uncommon for it to really die out later in July and especially into August, but my yard has been toast for weeks now. Hot and water = mowing, hot and dry = itsnotmowingtimeanymore.  

• Haha 3

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

Tornado Watch Number 517

NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK

1205 PM EDT Wed Jul 10 2024

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a

* Tornado Watch for portions of Upstate New York Northern and Central Pennsylvania Vermont Lake Erie Lake Ontario

* Effective this Wednesday afternoon and evening from 1205 PM until 900 PM EDT.

* Primary threats include...

A few tornadoes likely

Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph possible

SUMMARY...A moist air mass along and south of a warm front, and strong atmospheric winds associated with the remnants of Beryl, will influence storms capable of tornadoes and wind damage this afternoon through early/mid-evening.

The tornado watch area is approximately along and 90 statute miles north and south of a line from 25 miles west southwest of Bradford PA to 25 miles south southeast of Burlington VT. For a complete depiction of the watch see the associated watch outline update (WOUS64 KWNS WOU7).

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

REMEMBER...A Tornado Watch means conditions are favorable for tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements a

nd possible warnings.

• Thanks 1

Shit is picking up.

Northern Centre PA-Northern Clinton PA-Cameron PA-Clearfield PA-Blair PA-Cambria PA-Southern Centre PA-

1211 PM EDT Wed Jul 10 2024

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL IMPACT EASTERN CLEARFIELD...WESTERN CENTRE...NORTH CENTRAL BLAIR...SOUTHEASTERN CAMERON...NORTHEASTERN CAMBRIA AND NORTHWESTERN CLINTON COUNTIES THROUGH 100 PM EDT...

At 1210 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking several strong thunderstorms along a line extending from near Clearfield to 11 miles northwest of Tyrone to near Altoona. Movement was northeast at 55 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts of 50 to 55 mph and pea size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation is possible.

Locations impacted include...

Keating, Philipsburg, Woodland, Bald Eagle, Loretto, Osceola Mills, Chester Hill, Karthaus, Houtzdale, Snow Shoe, North Philipsburg, Clarence, Port Matilda, South Philipsburg, Sandy Ridge, Blandburg, Moshannon, Pine Glen, Jeffries, and Lecontes Mills.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If outdoors, consider seeking shelter inside a building.

These storms may intensify, so be certain to monitor local radio stations and available television stations for additional information and possible warnings from the National Weather Service.

If on or near an area lake, get out of the water and move indoors or inside a vehicle. Remember, lightning can strike out to 10 miles from the parent thunderstorm. If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning. Move to safe shelter now! Do not be caught on the water in a thunderstorm.

A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 900 PM EDT for central and north central Pennsylvania.

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 517

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

1205 PM EDT WED JUL 10 2024

TORNADO WATCH 517 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT FOR THE

FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC013-015-021-023-027-033-035-037-043-047-053-061-065-067-069-

079-081-083-087-093-097-099-105-107-109-113-115-117-119-123-127-

131-110100-

/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0517.240710T1605Z-240711T0100Z/

PA

. PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BLAIR BRADFORD CAMBRIA

CAMERON CENTRE CLEARFIELD

CLINTON COLUMBIA DAUPHIN

ELK FOREST HUNTINGDON

JEFFERSON JUNIATA LACKAWANNA

LUZERNE LYCOMING MCKEAN

MIFFLIN MONTOUR NORTHUMBERLAND

PERRY POTTER SCHUYLKILL

SNYDER SULLIVAN SUSQUEHANNA

TIOGA UNION WARREN

WAYNE WYOMING

$$

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

@canderson what are the wind readings from your weather station the past hour?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Max gust says 32. Sustained low 20s. E and some S winds are hidden from the spot (packed mostly for S/W which are predominant) 

The thunderstorm watch about to be posted for the LSV will come with this verbiage

The greatest potential for supercells will be in south-central Pennsylvania into central Maryland/northern Virginia where effective shear will be 35-40 kts. Farther south, multicells will be the predominant mode. Damaging wind gusts will be the primary hazard this afternoon. A low-end tornado threat will also be present for northern Virginia into south-central Pennsylvania, where low-level shear will be slightly greater nearer to the surface low.