• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

12:30a: Rain again. Only three tiny green dots in whole state and one of them is over Williamsport. Aren't we special tonight? Rain started out strong for 2 minutes and now almost over.

IMG_20240709_004126.thumb.jpg.e06835e1314b04a0e34d98fe1520689c.jpg

26 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

The Renewal by Anderson weather guy was saying he expects the 90's to continue for the rest of the month of July. Brett-Thackara.png?quality=75

WN_7-day.jpg

The next time he comes knocking on my door, things are indeed going to get hot.   Sure, he can give me new windows but for half the price of my house!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

The Renewal by Anderson weather guy was saying he expects the 90's to continue for the rest of the month of July. Brett-Thackara.png?quality=75

WN_7-day.jpg

I had to re-read this because it's not often somebody on TV weather, window sales or otherwise reaches out 21 days on a limb. 

Did he by chance issue a 45-day forecast?

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I had to re-read this because it's not often somebody on TV weather, window sales or otherwise reaches out 21 days on a limb. 

Did he by chance issue a 45-day forecast?

He just said the rest of the month expect the 90's to continue. You can watch this mornings video here https://www.abc27.com/weather/heat-continues-as-humidity-builds-still-not-much-rain-to-speak-of/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3Xk6q5Wzlz2mzCHbdnNTkRQ_Xa37x9pXXge5Sw9Gxylx3QbtHlKLc-evw_aem_8kyJKM3Be467_oHHe2_mGw

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The next time he comes knocking on my door, things are indeed going to get hot.   Sure, he can give me new windows but for half the price of my house!

You don't need to add more heat to the already sultry conditions by introducing violence in the equation. How do you expect us to cool you off if there is a water restriction in the 'ville?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on that but the bulk of the precipitation as modeled seems to be from Lancaster and points south and east, with some having it too far out of reach for even Chester Co.  Something to keep an eye on for sure but I’m not optimistic. 

Yea might be tight but also the potential for training right over you which would be a drought buster.  Rgem shows that opportunity. 

• Like 1

68 was my overnight/morning low. It, however, has already bumped up 4 degrees to 72. Yesterday's high was 95, and today's forecast is for 92. No matter what, I'm guessing the humidity is going to make for a VERY uncomfortable day. My delivery destinations are either Reading, Trexlertown, or Allentown depending on where I'm sent today. All three of those locations have forecasts of upper 90's, and I start my 2nd shift job at 2:00pm, so to say I'm not looking forward to my first two deliveries, is an understatement.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Voyager said:

68 was my overnight/morning low. It, however, has already bumped up 4 degrees to 72. Yesterday's high was 95, and today's forecast is for 92. No matter what, I'm guessing the humidity is going to make for a VERY uncomfortable day. My delivery destinations are either Reading, Trexlertown, or Allentown depending on where I'm sent today. All three of those locations have forecasts of upper 90's, and I start my 2nd shift job at 2:00pm, so to say I'm not looking forward to my first two deliveries, is an understatement.

At least you'll be able to open that back valve and put a makeshift showerhead  on it to cool off.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

77 was my low. 

It appears to be MDT’s as well which will set a record for highest low temp on this date. 

If the 5 min readings are right, MDT got to 75 or 76.  76 would tie the record though. 

Edit-they just updated and 76 it is. 

image.png.f485e4733a74450b413195c9b13c65ae.png

Most spots except the highest stations exceeded 90 degrees...as both West Grove and East Nantmeal reached 89.6 degrees. The warmest station high was the 95.1 at West Chester.However, whether it's 89.6 or 95 degrees....one thing is for sure - It's oppressively hot and humid! The next couple days will again see 90's in most spots. Rain chances do increase starting tomorrow and looks to last through Friday. After tomorrow most spots will fall into the 80's for high temps. We should clear out for the weekend.
Chester County Records for today: The all-time recorded PA high based on records was recorded today and tomorrow in Phoenixville at 111 degrees in 1936. This reading has been called into question as both West Chester and Coatesville "only" reported 103 degrees that same day. Highly unlikely there was an 8 degree difference on that day. The record low was 44 degrees also at Phoenixville in 1972. Record rain was the 5.82" at Phoenixville in 1935.image.png.0b8546eaad4c314fc518ea7db3d64c7c.png
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 8:31 PM, Voyager said:

Too many of those lately. Last year it was 119 on three days, and of course all the various heat records that were set.

Most consecutive 110 days

Most days of 115+

Warmest overnight low @ 98

Etc...

Phoenix’s last below normal day was 5/26…

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Someone's making a run at 100 today or tomorrow, right?

Thought yesterday there was a better chance of that happening than I do now. I think we need the dewpoint to drop this afternoon, 100/78 or the like will be very tough to pull off. 100/68 can be done. My temp rise isn't on the trajectory that's going to get me (at least) up to 100. Tomorrow's issue might be afternoon clouds. 

MU said yesterday that for triple digit temps we need to "root" for dews to lower during the afternoon. 

• Like 1