• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Can’t get ahold of my fam. Hope the towers are just down. They’re and 9 diff tornado warning since 3. Two PDS ones. 

Edit: got texts. They’re ok. LOTS of tree and fence damage. 
My heart goes out to @canderson I know from your past posting stats things like this sometimes happen down there with extended outages but I hope and pray they are all safe. What town are they near in East Texas just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

My heart goes out to @canderson I know from your past posting stats things like this sometimes happen down there with extended outages but I hope and pray they are all safe. What town are they near in East Texas just out of curiosity.

Longview /  Marshall region 

Longview /  Marshall region 
they at least seem to be under 5 inches of rain right now which means they probably aren't going to be in a bullseye of 10 in plus so that's good

It seems like our rain midweek isn't coming directly from the TC, it's coming from a squeeze play between the Bermuda high and the low pressure system the forms from the remnants where the frontal boundary focuses The deep moisture coming in from the Atlantic Ocean

12 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It seems like our rain midweek isn't coming directly from the TC, it's coming from a squeeze play between the Bermuda high and the low pressure system the forms from the remnants where the frontal boundary focuses The deep moisture coming in from the Atlantic Ocean

If it rains- met from MU isn’t expecting much, at least down this way the entire week. Wednesday deal targets areas west and lat week is focused on I95 south and east.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If it rains- met from MU isn’t expecting much, at least down this way the entire week. Wednesday deal targets areas west and lat week is focused on I95 south and east.

Yep could totally see us getting the squeeze in this setup. Models have been hinting at as much. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we get the inch plus. But yes Wednesday especially is going to be hit and miss but the moisture content in the air is there that whoever gets hit is going to get hit hardScreenshot_20240708_182548_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk

It is July 8. We have 2 months ahead of this with no pattern change in sight. 
Yes, but not many days will have the added influence of being on a Southwest side of a accelerating tropical cyclone further accelerating temperature spikes along with added moisture. Throwing the date compared to one on normal daily mean max high is and I think its a good guess

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All models have been hinting at a wave forming to your SE on the stalled front that passed in the wake of Beryl.  

Who to believe/trust? MU says the front will stall further SE than models put it and the associated rains with that wave fall well SE of here. He says models notoriously stall these types of fronts too far west.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Who to believe/trust? MU says the front will stall further SE than models put it and the associated rains with that wave fall well SE of here. He says models notoriously stall these types of fronts too far west.

Yea, was just referencing something to watch. I did not read anything MU had posted recently so not questioning his call vs model reading.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, was just referencing something to watch. I did not read anything MU had posted recently so not questioning his call vs model reading.

I'm questioning his call. :)

I want rain so badly, it's making me jaded. I feel like a snow weenie that lives in Charlotte.

Or...Maytown. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It is July 8. We have 2 months ahead of this with no pattern change in sight. 

I hate to say it but I think we will be recovering from a heat wave, in or almost in a heat wave or dreading the next heat wave coming in a few days or next week during this whole time. We are lucky that we will not be worrying about any tropical storms or wildfires directly affecting us too. We may get some rain and smoke but that is it.

Also mixed in with the unusual weather is the unusual election coming up. I knew weird things and big surprises would happen and they are and will continue, I'm sure.

So with one thing and the other, most of the country is stuck in Crankytown for awhile. I am going to stay calm and try to keep my sense of humor. You know, Superstorm Sandy hit NY/NJ on the last Monday in October. There is no reason another huge storm couldn't be hitting somewhere on Election Day this year. 

7 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I hate to say it but I think we will be recovering from a heat wave, in or almost in a heat wave or dreading the next heat wave coming in a few days or next week during this whole time. We are lucky that we will not be worrying about any tropical storms or wildfires directly affecting us too. We may get some rain and smoke but that is it.

Also mixed in with the unusual weather is the unusual election coming up. I knew weird things and big surprises would happen and they are and will continue, I'm sure.

So with one thing and the other, most of the country is stuck in Crankytown for awhile. I am going to stay calm and try to keep my sense of humor. You know, Superstorm Sandy hit NY/NJ on the last Monday in October. There is no reason another huge storm couldn't be hitting somewhere on Election Day this year. 

At this point we are all just biden our time for a possible big change. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Lowest 70 day total rainfall from 1900-2023

It definitely could be much much worseScreenshot_20240708_210806.jpg

Like someone this Am said, it is just the top area that is suffering right now.  Yes, some rivers are low but ground water could indeed be much worse.    A small area of Franklin County is now in D2 but most of the LSV is still D0 though the crayons are getting ready to add more tomorrow/showing on Thur.    On stream flows, most of the LSV is either normal of one level below.  Lanco, York and Franklin had one reading each in the two lowest ratings. 

image.png.b327133234bf6b445162d4f6b18785da.png

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

All models have been hinting at a wave forming to your SE on the stalled front that passed in the wake of Beryl.  

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on that but the bulk of the precipitation as modeled seems to be from Lancaster and points south and east, with some having it too far out of reach for even Chester Co.  Something to keep an eye on for sure but I’m not optimistic. 

• Like 1