• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

9 hours ago, Voyager said:

But I can tell you that 90-95 in Arizona when the humidity is under 10% is rather comfortable, especially in the shade, and even moreso if there's a breeze. Here, I felt like I was going to die in my seat at that wedding yesterday with a 90 degree temperature simply because of the humidity. By the time the service was over, my shirt was wet as even my torso was profusely sweating.

If it had been 89 you would have been ok?  LOL

• Haha 1

Finally hit 90 at Rou today.  Grass does not look any better than when I left despite the rain.    18Z GFS has a Beryl soaker rain in the LSV Wednesday.
Im almost excited.

Forcast high
Monday - 97
Tuesday - 99
Wednesday - 95

If that comes to fruition I will definitely definitely not be excited

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Heat advisories again for Monday and Tuesday. Pray we get rain Wednesday. I haven’t see the river this low I don’t think ever. Looks like barely 3’ of water in the channels. 
KMDT through past 68 days has recorded 8.05". Normal is 8.66"

Was the drought was ever so bad to here that someone could walk across the Susquehanna?

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

KMDT through past 68 days has recorded 8.05". Normal is 8.66"

Was the drought was ever so bad to here that someone could walk across the Susquehanna?

Most of the county is 2” behind in June alone. Water shortages up county. 

Most of the county is 2” behind in June alone. Water shortages up county. 
I agree with you. Station based rainfall observations, while nice for historical continuity do a horrible job of portraying ground truth of the surrounding area. I wish they would put a mesh network of solar powered compact weather stations 1 every 5x5 mi box (25 sq mi). So come on counting with its 550 square miles area would have 22 of them. The simple rain gauge on them can act as a ground check for the radar estimates which are not only help develop better rainfall estimate equations but we're allow us to have a lot more accurate records

• Like 2

I'm not sure that anyone in this thread has had less rain than I have for the past few months. I don't remember the last time it rained at all. 
I will not believe any model or forecast until it's in my bucket. 
What town are you closest by so I can try to pull up some close wunderground stations to investigate

43 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Im almost excited.

Forcast high
Monday - 97
Tuesday - 99
Wednesday - 95

If that comes to fruition I will definitely definitely not be excited

Definitely going to be a hot start to the week.    At some point here we are probably pushing our hottest (at MDT) first half of summer.  We stand at 3rd right now when comparing to other years through July 15th.   3 of the top 10 hottest first half of summers are in the past 5 years.  

Definitely going to be a hot start to the week.    At some point here we are probably pushing our hottest (at MDT) first half of summer.  We stand at 3rd right now when comparing to other years through July 15th.   3 of the top 10 hottest first half of summers are in the past 5 years.  

Here's for Max alone. We are definitely up there, but there is a bit more variability in the top 10. Plus we aren't anywhere close to even sniffing the big daddy of 1966

58 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm not sure that anyone in this thread has had less rain than I have for the past few months. I don't remember the last time it rained at all. 

I will not believe any model or forecast until it's in my bucket. 

Same. I have missed at least 5” rain that MDT had had. At least! 

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

118 in Phoenix the other day

Too many of those lately. Last year it was 119 on three days, and of course all the various heat records that were set.

Most consecutive 110 days

Most days of 115+

Warmest overnight low @ 98

Etc...

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Too many of those lately. Last year it was 119 on three days, and of course all the various heat records that were set.

Most consecutive 110 days

Most days of 115+

Warmest overnight low @ 98

Etc...

120 in Vegas today, shattered all-time record by 3F.

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

What town are you closest by so I can try to pull up some close wunderground stations to investigate

I keep my own personal records. Accurate records. Closest Wunderground station to me has had far more rain than I have had since the middle of May.

I keep my own personal records. Accurate records. Closest Wunderground station to me has had far more rain than I have had since the middle of May.
What are you at since May 1st?

10 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Why was 1966 inflated?

Well, for one, it was at CXY, which is usually warmer for maximum temperatures than MDT. We can see 2024 is a lot closer if we compare CXY records.

image.png.87fdcbdce8dd0901fa52a1ae9a96204e.png

And two, it was way out of line compared to surrounding observations that summer. June 1966 was fairly close to normal in most of the region, but +3.3F at Harrisburg?

image.png.d1f508d838d43929c0442408bedc72c6.png

Well, for one, it was at CXY, which is usually warmer for maximum temperatures than MDT. We can see 2024 is a lot closer if we compare CXY records.
image.png.87fdcbdce8dd0901fa52a1ae9a96204e.png
And two, it was way out of line compared to surrounding observations that summer. June 1966 was fairly close to normal in most of the region, but +3.3F at Harrisburg?
image.png.d1f508d838d43929c0442408bedc72c6.png
From 1961-1991 it was at Capital City airport. Prior to 61 you can read about the absurd locations and placements in those locations data was kept at.

Id have to dig into more of the surrounding areas in general and specifically that June to answer second part further. Screenshot_20240707-214210_PDF Viewer.jpg

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some crazy variability (with no rain aided temps) in the general LSV.  70's to 90's at this hour.

image.png.c37b09a312bdcf48f64a625eab100b7f.png

I’m located halfway between the 85 in Mount Wolf and the 92 just east of York city, and despite the sun having set it still definitely felt like upper 80s when I walked the recycle bin down to the end of our lane around 9 pm. There was just enough light breeze to make it slightly less suffocating than it has been for most of the day.