• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MDT was a good 2-5 degrees lower than most spots around them (95 at MU, 96 here, 94 at LNS) but regardless of the temp...the real story was/is the combination of high temps and very high dewpoints. It is gross here. At 11am I'm sitting at 91/77. Miserable to do anything laborious outdoors.

My forecast for yesterday was a high of 94. I went over the forecast. I thought MDT's forecast was 93 but I could be mistaken. :)

Yea I saw that MDT was a little low.  It never really got close to 90 at Rou yesterday based on the digital readings.  Spent most of the day in the mid 80's.  Maybe the moist ground.   I think it got to the low 90's in the valley and saw HGR was mid 90's.  Defintely an unpleasant holiday weekend.  The stalled front forecast from a few days ago did not really do it for all of us.

• Like 1

Yea I saw that MDT was a little low.  It never really got close to 90 at Rou yesterday based on the digital readings.  Spent most of the day in the mid 80's.  Maybe the moist ground.   I think it got to the low 90's in the valley and saw HGR was mid 90's.  Defintely an unpleasant holiday weekend.  The stalled front forecast from a few days ago did not really do it for all of us.
I think about now just about all of us would love to have a stalled out front and upper level low with a strong surface East wind component of about 20-30mph producing about four or five days of nothing but low clouds and dirty drizzle

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think about now just about all of us would love to have a stalled out front and upper level low with a strong surface East wind component of about 20-30mph producing about four or five days of nothing but low clouds and dirty drizzle

Understood.  Several models suites were showing varying versions of that early week.  Not drizzle as much as lots of clouds and on/off rain.  Highs in the 70's and low 80's.  Did not come to fruition. 

Understood.  Several models suites were showing varying versions of that early week.  Not drizzle as much as lots of clouds and on/off rain.  Highs in the 70's and low 80's.  Did not come to fruition. 
How's the beach?

A lot less hot than there but busier than any beach experience in my life...at least since my late 80's days of going to the shore from Philly.
image.thumb.png.a924335f4f1369f4f5c4f0e4026bb37f.png

15%?? Holy moolah. What is that?

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

15%?? Holy moolah. What is that?

It is beer #201 of #250 made by Dewey Beer.  A sweet elixir called  "Greetings from Dewey Beer."   Aged for 12 months in Eagle Rare Barrels.    Someone offered me $10 for the bottle once I was done with it.  

Ps-Sharing the beer, so I am not drinking it all @ 15%.  With that said, people who drink whole bottles of wines drink a LOT more than this beer.

It is beer #201 of #250 made by Dewey Beer.  A sweet elixir called  "Greetings from Dewey Beer."   Aged for 12 months in Eagle Rare Barrels.    Someone offered me $10 for the bottle once I was done with it.  

Ps-Sharing the beer, so I am not drinking it all @ 15%.  With that said, people who drink whole bottles of wines drink a LOT more than this beer.
Oh God I love Eagle Rare. Are they going to be making another batch soon?

27 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Oh God I love Eagle Rare. Are they going to be making another batch soon?

I do not know but on the way out of town I am stopping to see if they have anymore (tomorrow).  It was really good regardless of ABV.

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Fenwick Island: It is 87 degrees on the West side of the dune, about 69 on the ocean side and people are wearing long sleeve sweatshirts.   Wish it were warmer on the water side.

Stop in here - 92.3 at 7:35pm.

Enjoy your last evening. Sounds like a perfect evening on the beach.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I don't know what happened to me, but I was at an outdoor wedding today, and the heat/humidity really got to me. 

I was sitting there, baking in the sun, wishing that it was October.

To @Bubbler86 point, 90 degree days aren’t/shouldn’t be a big deal. What has been a big deal to me this summer has been the dews…temps in the mid 90s with mid 70s dews are NOT common here and it’s been miserable. 

I don't own a long sleeve shirt.
Seriously.
I have central A/C unit along with a window unit for bedroom since it's far more economical to keep bedroom at 63 than house. Others freeze in my room unless they wear heavy sweatshirts and sweatpants. All I wear is under armour sleeveless shirt and gym shorts. I find 72 degree house oppressive.

32 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I don't know what happened to me, but I was at an outdoor wedding today, and the heat/humidity really got to me. 

I was sitting there, baking in the sun, wishing that it was October.

Welcome to the team. Warmth is fine but the humidity makes it awful. And the high lows. We really are the southern Virginia now. Or maybe Western South Carolina.  

• Like 1