• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6

47 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Was just going to post about this.  Temps were significantly cooler than forecasted for much of the last seven days, so my 76.5 prediction failed to come close.

Low of 60 here with .04" of 24-hr rainfall.  It feels glorious out there, total contrast from yesterday.

Yes, it is like Saturday AM again here.  Dark, billowing clouds, a chilly breeze (my wife is watering with a Hershey Bears sweatshirt on), and that fall like look.  An amazing 62 degrees at 9:15AM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My point and click suggests a normal week around these parts with no hint of a heat wave. 

That is the issue like always.    The point and click for MDT has highs 3-4 degrees AN Wed-Sun (though some models are warmer, some cooler) but because that magical 90 mark is hit, it is a heat wave.   The highest temp in the point and click for MDT is 91.   If it is 88 it is a nice summer day, 90 and people are all of a sudden dying! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the issue like always.    The point and click for MDT has highs 3-4 degrees AN Wed-Sun (though some models are warmer, some cooler) but because that magical 90 mark is hit, it is a heat wave.   The highest temp in the point and click for MDT is 91.   If it is 88 it is a nice summer day, 90 and people are all of a sudden dying! 

It was 88/76 yesterday and I was outside not feeling it. LOL 

Not all 90 degree days are created equal. Yesterday being a prime example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was 88/76 yesterday and I was outside not feeling it. LOL 

Not all 90 degree days are created equal. Yesterday being a prime example.

I meant more the media.  If we have a forecast of 5 straight days of 90-91, it is front page news.  5 straight days of 87-89 and only the weather segment talks about it.   Just so much emphasis placed on that magical number which is just 3 degrees above the normal temp for this time of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

After checking my point and click, I only have one 90 degree day forecast through next Sunday. And it's an even 90.

Hot Pants Euro says the point and click is too low.   GFS and CMC not nearly as warm as a ridge over us is squeezed by troughs to the east and west making for daily clouds and storm chances thus limiting temps a bit.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I meant more the media.  If we have a forecast of 5 straight days of 90-91, it is front page news.  5 straight days of 87-89 and only the weather segment talks about it.   Just so much emphasis placed on that magical number which is just 3 degrees above the normal temp for this time of the year. 

Totally agree with you on that. It really is a magical number.

• Like 1

And only 2 heads are injury prone!

Yea.. my negadelphia intuition says this feels like a Harden deal reprise. Big money to a dude in his mid-30s and reputation for disappearing in the playoffs.. I don’t think this move closes the gap with the Celtics.. or Improved Knicks for that matter. Hope this post ends up as a Freezing Cold Take a year from now. I have Charles Barkley-like accuracy in predicting how the NBA shakes out.

• Haha 2