• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6

8 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I  had a 15 minute torrential storm around 10pm and more rain overnight, but no idea how much fell thanks to one of my granddaughters filling up the rain gauge yesterday. :arrowhead:

The wundermap stations are reporting 1/4" to 1/3" through both our areas.  THV had around a 1/4". 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yep.  Lancaster really been getting the shaft lately.  We really need this weekend to come through.  Not holding my breath.  But this is how it always goes in the summer, winners and losers and yada yada.

The Southeast write up sounds like the beginning of a disaster movie,

Southeast Drought Summary
Throughout most of the Southeast, rainfall has been largely lacking over the past 3 to 4 weeks. Additionally, much of the region has experienced several heat waves over the past month, resulting in rapidly deteriorating conditions leading up to and including last week. Soil moisture, stream flows, and several derived drought indices are worsening by the day. Impacts are widespread, particularly in the agricultural sector, as pastures and rangelands are going dormant or turning brown, increasing livestock concerns as well. Several reports that crop yields are also in danger if the region doesn’t get any meaningful rainfall soon. High evapotranspiration (i.e. the evaporation of moisture from land and vegetation) rates are rapidly drying out soils and vegetation, increasing fire concerns.

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yep.  Lancaster really been getting the shaft lately.  We really need this weekend to come through.  Not holding my breath.  But this is how it always goes in the summer, winners and losers and yada yada.

I read this to my wife...she responded with "at least someone's getting the shaf*"

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Not a whole lot over here, but I'll take my .12" and be happy.  Every bit helps.

Thank you for that positive perspective. I needed to see that. 

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We were out watering this AM as the rain did not get anywhere near the side of the house.   Welcome to D1 my friend. 

I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't get a quarter inch last weekend. It looks every bit D1 here.

• Like 1

My kiddo and I went on an evening ice-run last night into Huntingdon from our camp site out on the lake and while we were on the return, the lake got smoked. Huge lightning, heavy wind, insane rain. I had to pull off at Seven Points Bait and Grocery to ride it out. Otherwise weather has been good this week.

• Like 5

A nice couple of days to close out the work week with near normal temps in the low 80's with lows tonight in the comfortable 50's for most spots. Rain chances increase Saturday night into Sunday and then after a cool start to next week a slow moderating trend.
Chester County Records for today: High 100 degrees in Phoenixville (1943) / Low 46 also at Phoenixville (1965) / Rain 4.54" at West Chester (1938)image.png.09050ed85a4d2c65054ff16c3b9e102f.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

My kiddo and I went on an evening ice-run last night into Huntingdon from our camp site out on the lake and while we were on the return, the lake got smoked. Huge lightning, heavy wind, insane rain. I had to pull off at Seven Points Bait and Grocery to ride it out. Otherwise weather has been good this week.

We used to camp up at Pleasant Hills Resort for about 8 years in a popup.

• Like 1

Early 12Z runs suggest any weekend mowing, for those with big rains, would be either early Saturday or punted to Sunday for westerners as showers move in Sat afternoon.   The 12Z regm pretty much encompasses what has been happening with rain lately (last week or so.)  And...the @paweather 540 line is making an appearance as we begin to close out the first third of summer.   Also, snow in the SW corner of Canada. 

image.thumb.png.35b5b7d5009381ff252fac8a8f044d79.png

image.thumb.png.8f8dff6c6b973045e6388f1f07c358f8.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's going to take me some time to not think of Allen Iverson when I see AI.

I am not sure you could think of two different things, with the same name, that are further apart in reality. 

Hey ChatGPT, can you write up a letter for me requesting a pay raise from my employer?

AI:  Dear Employer,

If anyone said I missed work and did not call in, why is that affecting my pay raise?  It is only one week.  If my boss said I missed work, then I missed work, but it is only one week.   I mean, we are here talking about a pay raise for me when I am your franchise employee.   I mean, we talkin' about one week....not a month, not a year, one week...  we talkin' about one week....not a month, not a year when I die for this job on the weeks I show up.   I know I am supposed to lead by example, I know that, and I am not shovin' it aside.  I know it is important.  But we talkin' about a week, man.  Not a month...not a year.   What are we talkin' about?  One week?    We talkin' about one week man!  We talking about one week.   When you come to work and see me in my seat, you see me working, right?  You see me giving everything  I got.  But we talkin' about one week?  

image.png.5cdd93ba5403f10eaa54050c0ce634de.png

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not sure you could think of two different things, with the same name, that are further apart in reality. 

Hey ChatGPT, can you write up a letter for me requesting a pay raise from my employer?

AI:  Dear Employer,

If anyone said I missed work and did not call in, why is that affecting my pay raise?  It is only one week.  If my boss said I missed work, then I missed work, but it is only one week.   I mean, we are here talking about a pay raise for me when I am your franchise employee.   I mean, we talkin' about one week....not a month, not a year, one week...  we talkin' about one week....not a month, not a year when I die for this job on the weeks I show up.   I know I am supposed to lead by example, I know that, and I am not shovin' it aside.  I know it is important.  But we talkin' about a week, man.  Not a month...not a year.   What are we talkin' about?  One week?    We talkin' about one week man!  We talking about one week.   When you come to work and see me in my seat, you see me working, right?  You see me giving everything  I got.  But we talkin' about one week?  

image.png.5cdd93ba5403f10eaa54050c0ce634de.png

Were talking about practice not a game. :D

• Haha 1