• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6

Hottest day for a while today before storms tonight usher in some typical June temps to close out the week. Weekend looks a bit unsettled with maybe some more rain chances but not a total washout. Temps look to fall back to a little below normal to start the new work week.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 43 at West Chester (1899) / Rain 3.35" at Coatesville (1938)
image.png.0c4e574203d4743f35fa39fb518b87a3.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 68 and currently 72/63. Looks like the bulk of the storm activity down this way may not occur until very late evening or overnight. May somewhat limit severe, as Canderson mentioned. 

Most mesos seem to favor I80 north, and show a skook split of sorts with SE Pa getting some late action.  Any water in bucket would be appreciated.  The .14 I tallied the other day did very little for my scorched earth that formerly identified as a lawn.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Most mesos seem to favor I80 north, and show a skook split of sorts with SE Pa getting some late action.  Any water in bucket would be appreciated.  The .14 I tallied the other day did very little for my scorched earth that formerly identified as a lawn.

My grass is toast too. And honestly i'm glad, seeing i can't mow and my friends and family are doing it for me. One less thing i don't need to worry about. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My grass is toast too. And honestly i'm glad, seeing i can't mow and my friends and family are doing it for me. One less thing i don't need to worry about. 

you good?  

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

I had triple the amount that you did and my yard did not respond the way I thought it might. Still pretty much scorched and torched. 

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 68 and currently 72/63. Looks like the bulk of the storm activity down this way may not occur until very late evening or overnight. May somewhat limit severe, as Canderson mentioned. 

Let's hope so. Don't need any damage. Rain is more than welcome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I think I need to bring up some of the southern grass to plant

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

St Augustine?    Bring a check for an irrigation and ground heating system then.   Outside the fact that it would die in the winter, it needs water every 2-3 days....there is no dormancy like our grass.  Water it or it is gone for good. 

:P:day::year:2024::month:5::sdate:2024-05-31::edate:2024-06-26::cmap:BrBG_r::_r:t::dpi:100.png' alt='default_tongue.png' alt=':P'>:day::year:2024::month:5::sdate:2024-05-31::edate:2024-06-26::cmap:BrBG_r::_r:t::dpi:100.png'>
The insanely wet winter and spring saving a lot of people right now

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Didn't KMDT have a couple years in the 1960s with less than an inch of rain all summer?

Beep, doop,  beep, doop, doop,  beep, data output....Precip totals for MDT June-Aug.  Also, only 67 days until summer is over. 

image.png.2dc47f8aae84f73e045717b1d3d5f3db.png

image.png.8a8039b0e80a77677f6c15d70d9381fc.png

image.png.a7a00dfe9daddbbc406d21192908b748.png

• Like 1

Beep, doop,  beep, doop, doop,  beep, data output....Precip totals for MDT June-Aug.  Also, only 67 days until summer is over. 
image.png.2dc47f8aae84f73e045717b1d3d5f3db.png
image.png.8a8039b0e80a77677f6c15d70d9381fc.png
image.png.a7a00dfe9daddbbc406d21192908b748.png

Although two of the top 10 years is something

Here is the same output for Sept to October  Might be an old wives tale!   Though this is not Sept-Oct. and includes Nov.

image.png.a0dd413afc359ea99ded4a6b435ac988.png

I found it. 1962 October we had 0.04". Then in November we had almost 6".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

All of PA is in a slight chance of severe via SPC

Sounds like the  short range MESOs are all showing very little shear, so the tornado threat has actually diminished some even if the overall threat of severe has remained the same or increased slightly. 

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sounds like the  short range MESOs are all showing very little shear, so the tornado threat has actually diminished some even if the overall threat of severe has remained the same or increased slightly. 

All I know is that MU promised me 1/2". 

• Haha 1