• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111

Very solid numbers statewide, with many locations in the midst of their warmest June in many decades.

Harrisburg [3rd warmest to date, warmest since 1943]

image.png.3523a4b436ed8d2c04d1bda2b494b6bd.png

Williamsport [6th warmest to date, warmest since 1943]

image.png.09dd66df7457652145502506e1947bc6.png

Hagerstown, Maryland [just over the border] [3rd warmest to date]

image.png.390c2cd2df1bd004563017e41fc5b6c6.png

Bradford [shorter POR - 1958] [warmest to date]

image.png.16d40991f55df2af5eb71a752ea498b5.png

Dubois [shorter POR -  1963] [2nd warmest to date, behind 1967]

image.png.17d6f16e84fb0241beae27e3e1f54515.png

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area [5th warmest, warmest since 1967]

image.png.7c1891c8a35bd3ec17cd7be5fe3b26f4.png

12 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Very solid numbers statewide, with many locations in the midst of their warmest June in many decades.

Harrisburg [3rd warmest to date, warmest since 1943]

image.png.3523a4b436ed8d2c04d1bda2b494b6bd.png

Williamsport [6th warmest to date, warmest since 1943]

image.png.09dd66df7457652145502506e1947bc6.png

Hagerstown, Maryland [just over the border] [3rd warmest to date]

image.png.390c2cd2df1bd004563017e41fc5b6c6.png

Bradford [shorter POR - 1958] [warmest to date]

image.png.16d40991f55df2af5eb71a752ea498b5.png

Dubois [shorter POR -  1963] [2nd warmest to date, behind 1967]

image.png.17d6f16e84fb0241beae27e3e1f54515.png

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area [5th warmest, warmest since 1967]

image.png.7c1891c8a35bd3ec17cd7be5fe3b26f4.png

Thank you for including Dubois. That will make many in here happy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sparky Lyle!?

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sparky Lyle? Wow. That's actually impressive.

Did Johnny J. Jones leave his hometown for Pillow? 

That is what the Wiki's say. Not sure who JJJ is?  (edit-Oh, the pillow carnival where they are handing out whisky shooters!  LOL)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sparky Lyle!?

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is what the Wiki's say. Not sure who JJJ is?  (edit-Oh, the pillow carnival where they are handing out whisky shooters!  LOL)

Tis true. Never knew it until now, though...

Screenshot_20240625_142725_Chrome.jpg

was quoted for an article written last week for the Chester County Local. Fortunately my thoughts downplaying the model outputs were correct...as I suggested that the county would not see a 100 degree day. This despite the many models (hello Euro) and on line weather sources hyping the century mark as a possible outcome. As we always say we don't sweat or shovel model output!!
Now, If the model was right....I would clearly not have posted this link!! LOL!!

Up to 83.  I am punting on 90 today but not punting on this...if we do not get rain tomorrow, mowing is done for much of the summer.  The grass is going dormant right now, brown and crispy, and 3-5 days of no rain pretty much shuts the door until August except some of the shady spots.      Convection rain would not be enough then, it would need a day or two soaker with no sun. 

• Sad 1

Up to 83.  I am punting on 90 today but not punting on this...if we do not get rain tomorrow, mowing is done for much of the summer.  The grass is going dormant right now, brown and crispy, and 3-5 days of no rain pretty much shuts the door until August except some of the shady spots.      Convection rain would not be enough then, it would need a day or two soaker with no sun. 
I don't see that type of rain anywhere in the morning extended forecast

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I don't see that type of rain anywhere in the morning extended forecast

If we get rain tomorrow it will help keep stuff limping along for now.    There is still some very light green left in some of the grass.  Some of it is gone and will not be coming back this year but the majority can still perk with a few convection rains.   If it does not rain until the weekend or next week, most is gone. 

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

8th straight day of 90 

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Did you stop accepting that Monday's were actually a day?   (Or did you actually get 90 yesterday?)

I thought Canderson reported a high of 86 yesterday. That was my high for the day. I made it to 89 today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we get rain tomorrow it will help keep stuff limping along for now.    There is still some very light green left in some of the grass.  Some of it is gone and will not be coming back this year but the majority can still perk with a few convection rains.   If it does not rain until the weekend or next week, most is gone. 

MU spouting off .5" - 3.00" totals for tomorrow. 

Most areas will receive one half to one inch of rain from Wednesday's storms, but as much as 3" may fall in the hardest-hit locations. These higher totals are most likely north of the PA Turnpike and west of I-81 but could occur in more isolated form farther south and east. Larger creeks and rivers won't flood, but the smallest streams could briefly approach or overflow their banks.

2 hours ago, ChescoWx said:
was quoted for an article written last week for the Chester County Local. Fortunately my thoughts downplaying the model outputs were correct...as I suggested that the county would not see a 100 degree day. This despite the many models (hello Euro) and on line weather sources hyping the century mark as a possible outcome. As we always say we don't sweat or shovel model output!!
Now, If the model was right....I would clearly not have posted this link!! LOL!!

Very good. It must have felt great to see that. Maybe they will ask you again in the future for your thoughts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU spouting off .5" - 3.00" totals for tomorrow. 

Most areas will receive one half to one inch of rain from Wednesday's storms, but as much as 3" may fall in the hardest-hit locations. These higher totals are most likely north of the PA Turnpike and west of I-81 but could occur in more isolated form farther south and east. Larger creeks and rivers won't flood, but the smallest streams could briefly approach or overflow their banks.

Give it to me MU!   

• Haha 1

18Z GFS has no 18Z temps above mid 80's (and only one or 2 of those) through July 4th.  Granted, the GFS has been too low by 3 degrees or so during the heatwave but no heatwaves on the near or mid term for this run.

A wet weekend (much of it convection so not wet all the time) both on the 18Z GFS and 12Z CMC. 

image.thumb.png.686e0effc586c798be3d0a27059e6d48.png

30 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I have to fly into Philly tomorrow night after 8pm. How screwed am I

Time will tell. HRRRs have midday crap that kills the environment so just normal storms.