Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I think 3 day 95+ is valid

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on the level of rarity you wish to achieve. There have been 13 of those at MDT since 2000 - or a little more frequent than once every other year. 5 days of 90+ would be a little more than once every year. But either is better than the traditional 3 days of 90+.

Just now, TheClimateChanger said:

There's a fine line between rare and climatologically impossible.

If you change the 80 to 77 you get 3 at MDT (since 1980).   So, it is too stringent for MDT as you suggested but not that far off.  I think one heat wave a year is too often.  Should be a 10 times in 50 years type event in my opinion. 

image.png.c081de48d90e886a19b5df544eb266a9.png

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If they lose tonight, I am going to game 7 to help them win. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Perfect I don't want you to miss out on a game 7 but......LOL!

We need the Bears to win tonight to save you money potentially spent on tickets...parking...and pretzels! 

By the way, the Phillies soft pretzels are shaped as the trademark Phillies "P" - pretty cool. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We need the Bears to win tonight to save you money potentially spent on tickets...parking...and pretzels! 

By the way, the Phillies soft pretzels are shaped as the trademark Phillies "P" - pretty cool. 

I was also going to stop at Keystone candle to see Wicks the cat.  He enjoys his pettings.

86 was my high. 44 mph strongest wind gust. 

LoW humidity and wind kept it pleasant for some light yard cleaning of the dead stuff and cleaning out the car we are about to sell*.

* Anyone is the market for a 2013 garage-kept loaded AWD Toyota RAV4?  

On 6/22/2024 at 10:11 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

He's doing fine all things considering, thank you for asking. A lot of pain which is to be expected.

I’m so relieved for you and your family, that your son is going to be alright. 

We had a similar scare in the fall of 2020 when our daughter had a traumatic brain injury. We were extremely lucky that she lived and went on to make essentially a full recovery with only minor lingering effects. 

Wishing your son a speedy and full recovery, free of complications. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

86 was my high. 44 mph strongest wind gust. 

LoW humidity and wind kept it pleasant for some light yard cleaning of the dead stuff and cleaning out the car we are about to sell*.

* Anyone is the market for a 2013 garage-kept loaded AWD Toyota RAV4?  

How many miles and the price tag are you looking for? I know the wife kicked around the idea of a Rav4 eventually.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SnowLover15 said:

How many miles and the price tag are you looking for? I know the wife kicked around the idea of a Rav4 eventually.

115,000 and honestly I have not pulled CarMax/KBB data yet. Probably ~$14,500 give or take is my guess. 

1 hour ago, Streak said:

I’m so relieved for you and your family, that your son is going to be alright. 

We had a similar scare in the fall of 2020 when our daughter had a traumatic brain injury. We were extremely lucky that she lived and went on to make essentially a full recovery with only minor lingering effects. 

Wishing your son a speedy and full recovery, free of complications. 

Thank you so very much.

• Like 1

A beautiful morning across the county with many spots dropping into the comfortable 50's for lows. We see temps begin to warm again today and especially tomorrow with highs tomorrow again touching the 90's in many spots. Some shower and thunderstorm chances tomorrow night as another cold front passes and will cool us back down to near normal temps to close out the work week.
Chester County Records for today: High 101 at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 45 at Coatesville (1902) / Rainfall record was set just last year (2023) at Chester Springs with 1.82" of rain.
image.png.d973cc5ff7d307ca7a3aaffa24cdbea5.png

Just looked at yesterday's data for my station. I recorded a peak wind gust of 26.2 mph, which is the highest I've ever had on this station due to its somewhat sheltered location. I'm guessing we had close to 50 mph gusts at times, especially judging by the brush that was scattered about the roadways.