• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

3 hours ago, CoralRed said:

Shocked to see at weather.gov that only about half the state is under a heat advisory. No more orange over Lycoming County, at least for now.

We do have a Hazardous Outlook though.

Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-
Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-
Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-
Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-
1029 PM EDT Sat Jun 22 2024

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday.

Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds 60 mph or greater and large hail exceeding 1 inch in diameter are possible Sunday
afternoon and evening. An isolated weak, short-lived tornado is also possible. Brief heavy rain from thunderstorms may also lead to minor flooding.

The Heat Wave is over for a good chunk of the state.  Shooting for 3 days that it does not break 80 in my area (next week.)

image.png.f86c628b854e04bcbe3588536c09a8fc.png

• Like 3

After the heat this past week, this is going to feel cold. Might have to break out the long johns... :P

Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Capitol beltway gets 5-10 of these per summer  That is how you end up with 10 more inches of precip than areas down here.  Some areas near the Cumberland/Franklin line have almost 3" in the last 5 days.

Bub rain been hit and miss all summer. One placed is getting dumped on and 1/2 mile down the road it’s completely dry. No consistency.

I know last summer I picked up a couple 3” downpours that really helped out my yearly total. 2-3 of them and there is 9” of rain.

River is getting low, hopefully pick up some rain off these thunderstorms.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bub rain been hit and miss all summer. One placed is getting dumped on and 1/2 mile down the road it’s completely dry. No consistency.

I know last summer I picked up a couple 3” downpours that really helped out my yearly total. 2-3 of them and there is 9” of rain.

River is getting low, hopefully pick up some rain off these thunderstorms.

It is more than hit or miss.  On this terrain map, note the area where there is no secondary mountain range coming off the true central PA ranges.  Quite often cells form out of seemingly nowhere and move in a generally direction through the gap.  This is really just convection situations that I have seen it but it happens a lot every summer.   When the cells get to the river, they will often pivot a bit and run down the river in a more SE direction instead of due East. 

image.png.3b7774786ecc85be9fd5f0664eeb5aa0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Heat Wave is over for a good chunk of the state.  Shooting for 3 days that it does not break 80 in my area (next week.)

image.png.f86c628b854e04bcbe3588536c09a8fc.png

Between today and next Sunday. Williamsport will range from high of  89 today to low of 80 tomorrow. I hope you get your wish for lower temps where you live. 

Not my post its from someone else: Yesterday's severe storm produced extensive damage in Hughesville, PA!

Other communities also saw wind damage thanks to severe thunderstorms but I've only been here in Hughesville. 

The high school was hit hard as well, with countless insulation panels being thrown, shredded and spread across the Western part of Hughesville. The covered walking bridge from the parking lot to the high school soccer field was damaged. Several dugouts, sheds and goals tipped over or damaged on the soccer fields and softball fields. 

Numerous homes were damaged due to falling trees. Cars and trucks were also damaged or destroyed. My best guest as of now is atleast 100+ trees were broken or uprooted, with several hundred more damaged including small limbs being blown down to the ground or having half of the tree canopy broken off.

Numerous homes and buildings had roofing peeled off and many others saw shingles pulled off, gutters ripped out and several hand trees laying on them. At least one building I saw pictures of had the wall pushed in due to the severe winds and other homes saw damaged chimneys and garages.

I'm thankful there were no reported injuries due to this storm! 

I did put together a video of yesterday's storm showing what it looked like just before the storm hit, during and after. You can find the link in the comments below.

God bless everyone. 

Eli,

#PAwx #CTPWX #storm #stormdamage #summer #SevereThunderstormWarning #winddamage #treesdown #treesonhouses #Carsdestroyed #Hughesvillepa #possiblemicroburst #possibletornado #hail #weather #nature #heatwave #heatwave2024 #summertime US National Weather Service State College PA

7 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Not my post its from someone else: Yesterday's severe storm produced extensive damage in Hughesville, PA!

Other communities also saw wind damage thanks to severe thunderstorms but I've only been here in Hughesville. 

The high school was hit hard as well, with countless insulation panels being thrown, shredded and spread across the Western part of Hughesville. The covered walking bridge from the parking lot to the high school soccer field was damaged. Several dugouts, sheds and goals tipped over or damaged on the soccer fields and softball fields. 

Numerous homes were damaged due to falling trees. Cars and trucks were also damaged or destroyed. My best guest as of now is atleast 100+ trees were broken or uprooted, with several hundred more damaged including small limbs being blown down to the ground or having half of the tree canopy broken off.

Numerous homes and buildings had roofing peeled off and many others saw shingles pulled off, gutters ripped out and several hand trees laying on them. At least one building I saw pictures of had the wall pushed in due to the severe winds and other homes saw damaged chimneys and garages.

I'm thankful there were no reported injuries due to this storm! 

I did put together a video of yesterday's storm showing what it looked like just before the storm hit, during and after. You can find the link in the comments below.

God bless everyone. 

Eli,

#PAwx #CTPWX #storm #stormdamage #summer #SevereThunderstormWarning #winddamage #treesdown #treesonhouses #Carsdestroyed #Hughesvillepa #possiblemicroburst #possibletornado #hail #weather #nature #heatwave #heatwave2024 #summertime US National Weather Service State College PA

Wow!