• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Let me try my luck - it never rains in Maytown. My guess is it won't rain here until October 10th with 47 days before that over 105 degrees.

How are you at playing a flute?  Are you afraid of snakes?   105?  My outside non digital therm says 117 right now as the sun is doing its deed! 

• Haha 1

We had a nice rain shower in Philipsburg at around 4:00 that knocked temps down to 78. I then proceeded to State College where it was 95. Currently I'm splitting the difference in Port Matilda where it's 87. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No one will convince me that they're as bad as snow maps. :)

Their issue is that during the summer they will be wrong, for the NE, almost every time because they smooth out their maps.  Convection is not smooth.   Some areas of the LSV have over 2" on the last 5-6 days now. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Their issue is that during the summer they will be wrong, for the NE, almost every time because they smooth out their maps.  Convection is not smooth.   Some areas of the LSV have over 2" now. 

I do know that the 7 day QPF map I posted last Sunday was valid until 7am tomorrow had my area just inside the quarter inch line. I'm at .25". 

Obviously this time of year there will be winners and losers with convection. From what I remember the overall maps this week were quite accurate. They consistently portrayed more rain up north and that happened. The lowest amounts were focused on your area and south.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I do know that the 7 day QPF map I posted last Sunday was valid until 7am tomorrow had my area just inside the quarter inch line. I'm at .25". 

Obviously this time of year there will be winners and lovers with convection. From what I remember the overall maps this week were quite accurate. They consistently portrayed more rain up north and that happened. The lowest amounts were focused on your area and south.

An area 15 miles to the north of me has had 2" of rain in the last 5-6 days which was what I was referring to.  They cannot predict stuff like that.