• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure did - in front of nearly 15,000.

Which brings up a question I've had for years that I'll never get an answer to...

For a Calder Cup final game on a Saturday night in Chocolatetown, how many people could the Bears pull in?

Giant Centre capacity is what? 10,500? I would imagine the house would be full.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

JNS posted this in the Spring thread.

20240604_190559.jpg

Of course. It's the opposite of winter. I don't think anybody has a grasp on what the transition is doing. It may be a cold summer here. Followed by a mega torch.

• Like 1

Showers should hold off till late in the day and arrive across the county from SW to NE this evening. Showers tomorrow will end by evening but some spots could see over an inch or more of rain by tomorrow night. Cooler and drier weather arrives for the weekend with falling back below normal with temps no higher than the low to mid 70's. Below normal temps should continue through the first few days of next week.
Chester County Records: High 102 degrees at Phoenixville (1925) and in Western Chesco it was the 97 degrees that same day. Low 39 degrees at Coatesville (1947) / Rain 2.39" Coatesville (1970)
image.png.069fdbcee86c7ada0ce7d828b42ae737.png
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Is it possible they do not sell out?

A very mild 70 this AM. 

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Giant Centre capacity is what? 10,500? I would imagine the house would be full.

I think I was misunderstood. I was asking how MANY could the Bears draw if the Giant Center had a larger capacity? Is 15K possible? 20K?

I've always marveled at the fan base - I don't know of a sports team in North America that can say that their average attendance is nearly the size of the town/city they play in. The Bears rank #1 or #2 every year in home attendance and a lot of the teams in the leagues play in cities, not towns of 12K or whatever Hershey is now. 

This might not be a popular opinion, but I miss Hersheypark Arena dearly. I have just never warmed up to the Giant Center. Mike Emrick called the old arena the best building for hockey in the world for a reason. So many incredible memories and so many really good people that I met over the years. I dropped my season tickets when they moved across the parking lot. It just wasn't and isn't the same for me. I've only been to maybe 10 games at the Giant Center total. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think I was misunderstood. I was asking how MANY could the Bears draw if the Giant Center had a larger capacity? Is 15K possible? 20K?

I've always marveled at the fan base - I don't know of a sports team in North America that can say that their average attendance is nearly the size of the town/city they play in. The Bears rank #1 or #2 every year in home attendance and a lot of the teams in the leagues play in cities, not towns of 12K or whatever Hershey is now. 

This might not be a popular opinion, but I miss Hersheypark Arena dearly. I have just never warmed up to the Giant Center. Mike Emrick called the old arena the best building for hockey in the world for a reason. So many incredible memories and so many really good people that I met over the years. I dropped my season tickets when they moved across the parking lot. It just wasn't and isn't the same for me. I've only been to maybe 10 games at the Giant Center total. 

The old arena was great back when I was young we used to go skate their quite often. New arena is more geared towards the present time in sports and concerts but doesn't compare to Hersheypark arena at all. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

The old arena was great back when I was young we used to go skate their quite often. New arena is more geared towards the present time in sports and concerts but doesn't compare to Hersheypark arena at all. 

If it's a sports venue without sky boxes and suites...it isn't a sports venue today. Oh, and scoreboards insulting my intelligence to "Make Noise" or "Get Loud!" - fake noise is so much worse than no noise. Sports fans know when to be boisterous...what they're watching dictates that, not a scoreboard. I'll stop now because I'm sounding like an old man. LOL

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think if they could have built an NHL arena in Hershey and it would come close to filling for big games. Playoff games on Saturday would fill a 17,000 seater. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If it's a sports venue without sky boxes and suites...it isn't a sports venue today. Oh, and scoreboards insulting my intelligence to "Make Noise" or "Get Loud!" - fake noise is so much worse than no noise. Sports fans know when to be boisterous...what they're watching dictates that, not a scoreboard. I'll stop now because I'm sounding like an old man. LOL

Thats me!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Gotcha.  I said that because watching game 2 I saw a lot of empty seats up top.  Maybe people left early. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wait. Did Steve just say it can be too warm?????

The world truly is ending! B)

Yup. After 32 consecutive days of 115 or higher last summer, my feelings about high heat were slightly altered. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Because it's X now...  

No, in all honesty it's a trash app, that the only engagement you get is if it's something political, or troll your most hated sports team. 

which is different from when it was Twitter?....lol

• Like 1

Mowing went from 2x to weekly to weekly.  Brown n burn poking up in spots.

No ideal how many, but 10ish would be my guess.

Go bears

Go phils...yes I've started watching

happy summer.

TTFN.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

which is different from when it was Twitter?....lol

My experience is that X is a lot more, uh, I wish I knew how to say this differently... uh... racist, from when it was Twitter. Now granted that's what you're going to get when the twins are taken off the horse, but Jesus Christ, I can't scroll two minutes without seeing radio personalities throwing slurs around like their commas. 

Other than that, no other differences lol 

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yup. After 32 consecutive days of 115 or higher last summer, my feelings about high heat were slightly altered. 

I would like to give this a go. I'm over cold. I am ready to bake. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My experience is that X is a lot more, uh, I wish I knew how to say this differently... uh... racist, from when it was Twitter. Now granted that's what you're going to get when the twins are taken off the horse, but Jesus Christ, I can't scroll two minutes without seeing radio personalities throwing slurs around like their commas. 

Other than that, no other differences lol 

While I dont have a current twitter account (never was worth a subscription to me), the little I get from it isn't too dissimilar to the little I got from it before.

Yeah, its not moderated - censored like it once was, but I'm no fan of one sided slander, and if were gonna play that stupid game, let both sides have at it (mind you, I'm no fan of the trash talk, and wish there could be sensible dialog....but please show me where that exists in this digital age?? I dont see it anywhere, but maybe I'm just snakebit as to where to find truth anymore....but I look at a myriad of sources in search of....

Bias is all to prevalent, and is rather disheartening when the masses deserve the truth...

rant over, 

Its gonna rain today.  

Hope y'all are doing well.

• Like 1

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service State College PA
319 PM EDT Wed Jun 5 2024

PAZ034>036-063>065-052330-
Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Cumberland-Adams-York-
319 PM EDT Wed Jun 5 2024

...HEAVY RAIN EXPECTED...

A cluster of showers and thunderstorms will crawl along the
Maryland border through 6 PM. The area between the Turnpike and
the Maryland line is the most likely to see short periods of
torrential rain. The rain could be intense at times, with
rainfall rates near 2 inches per hour. Rainfall rates like this
could lead to minor flooding, especially in urban areas.
  • Like 1