• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Several hundreds on Wundermap.  Doubt their validity.    We have reached 90 to put in our first ticket in the Great Heat Wave of 2024.

image.thumb.png.8682f7a15d211a3115a1d4a9f1dafb89.png

That 57 near East Berlin (Brrr-Lin) looking mighty nice right about now.

• Haha 1

Most but not all NWS/MADIS stations did exceed 90 degrees today across Chester County with the highest station temp being the 92.6 degrees at Warwick Township. The lowest maximum temp today was the 88.1 at West Grove. Besides West Grove the other higher elevation spots like KMQS Coatesville Airport 89.6 / Nottingham /89.4 and East Nantmeal 88.6 all came close to exceeding 90 but at least for today again came up a wee bit short.

4 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Most but not all NWS/MADIS stations did exceed 90 degrees today across Chester County with the highest station temp being the 92.6 degrees at Warwick Township. The lowest maximum temp today was the 88.1 at West Grove. Besides West Grove the other higher elevation spots like KMQS Coatesville Airport 89.6 / Nottingham /89.4 and East Nantmeal 88.6 all came close to exceeding 90 but at least for today again came up a wee bit short.

I held out as long as I could at 850 feet, but you have me beat as I topped out at 90 though down to 88 now. 

#HeatWave-1 day 90 or over!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My weather station currently reads 100.6 - just got into partial sun so I've lost the true temp for now. Last good reading was 97.6.

I have a non-digital therm that read 115 yesterday.     It is only 106 right now.   Clouds limiting the potential. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our son was discharged a couple of hours ago. It could have been so much worse. His car...sobering to see pictures of it.

Currently it's 95 in Maytown. Hottest day so far, 5th straight day over 90, 6th day this year. 

Thank you, weather family for all of the best wishes. It means a lot. 

Great to hear that he was discharged.

Please keep us posted on his recovery.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our son was discharged a couple of hours ago. It could have been so much worse. His car...sobering to see pictures of it.

Currently it's 95 in Maytown. Hottest day so far, 5th straight day over 90, 6th day this year. 

Thank you, weather family for all of the best wishes. It means a lot. 

I just got on first time today. It was an unexpected relief to go from hearing your son was in an accident to seeing that he had already been discharged. Wow. I am so happy things turned out this way. Seems strange to think we were just talking about luck (and weather) yesterday. Then your son and family really needed some good luck and you got it, thank God.

Best wishes for his quick recovery.

Joan 

• Thanks 1

Looks like I have been set up. What torture. Lower part of sky still white grey and blue. Has promised rain of yesterday but gone earlier decided to appear after all? No rain yet.

But wait, despair may not be necessary. I smelled the rain a minute ago and it is coming down now. Let us hope it does some good!

Screenshot_2024-06-21-19-44-37-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.96af44b80f39d8ceb1ce3624e00abbf5.jpg

• Like 2

SXUS71 KCTP 212125
RERIPT

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
0523 PM EDT FRI JUN 21 2024

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT WILLIAMSPORT PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 98 DEGREES WAS SET AT WILLIAMSPORT PA
TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 97 DEGREES SET IN 1923.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Great to hear that he was discharged.

Please keep us posted on his recovery.

2 hours ago, CoralRed said:

I just got on first time today. It was an unexpected relief to go from hearing your son was in an accident to seeing that he had already been discharged. Wow. I am so happy things turned out this way. Seems strange to think we were just talking about luck (and weather) yesterday. Then your son and family really needed some good luck and you got it, thank God.

Best wishes for his quick recovery.

Joan 

Thank you both so very much. Truly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

NWS State college referenced the drought this morning: 

The lack of rain combined
with the prolonged heat is also contributing to rapid onset
drought risk in some areas.

I think a lot of people see at least 1/4" of rain this weekend into Monday but that is not going to change drought parameters much. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think a lot of people see at least 1/4" of rain this weekend into Monday but that is not going to change drought parameters much. 

Yes even though I had over an inch of rain last Friday it's dry grass is turning brown at places. My son is coming over this morning to set up to irrigate the garden. Were gonna set pump up to pump out of creek.

• Like 2

I feel lucky we got almost half an inch of rain here in Williamsport before midnight last night. It cooled things off from 90s into the 70s, yes, but a very sticky 70s and it barely dropped more all night.

• Like 2