• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

And people love their subs?  I do not get it.  
They are okay nothing special truly for the price that they're going to charge and for every other thing else I'd rather go to some local Mart owned by somebody who's barely making it down there and give my business to them because I have a serious disdain for big stores

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Not even the hint of storms all state today

GFS has a wet weekend ahead if convection being around much of the weekend is considered wet.   RGEM still doing fairly well with the highs predicted 92-93 for MDT, and suggests tomorrow will be 1-2 lower.   HRRR says 1-2 higher. 87 for the high here today. 

Looks like LNS may have snuck in a 90 but will have to wait for the final tally to make sure it was not a round up.     MU also had 10-15 min of 90 hanging on to the great heat wave of 2024 for at least another 24 hours.   

This is the “softest” heat wave ever.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Time for this old man to do his daily 2.5 mile walk. If I never post again, you'll know why.

No. Don't do that to some poor asshole driving past a corpse who finds themselves at a crossroads of "Do I poke a body that has been dead for an hour or do I post on Facebook that I watched a guy drop dead in real time?" Don't do that to them. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

This “over the top” heat is becoming a new normal.

This is not directed at anyone except the media....the hype for this 5-10 degree AN period has been ridiculous.  Sure, not a great idea to run a 20 mile jog any day is it above 85 (or walk 2.5 miles through downtown Hanover) but I do not understand when 90-95 has become front page news.  This is similar to the news coverage of the Polar Vortex several years ago.  I do feel for anyone without AC but that applies to almost every day of the summer. 

• Like 2

This is not directed at anyone except the media....the hype for this 5-10 degree AN period has been ridiculous.  Sure, not a great idea to run a 20 mile jog any day is it above 85 (or walk 2.5 miles through downtown Hanover) but I do not understand when 90-95 has become front page news.  This is similar to the news coverage of the Polar Vortex several years ago.  I do feel for anyone without AC but that applies to almost every day of the summer. 

100% agree. Part of problem is the hype media clinging to the most extreme model solution and using that to scare folks.

I’m at my son’s game. It’s in upper 80s but my skin ain’t melting.

• Like 1

100% agree. Part of problem is the hype media clinging to the most extreme model solution and using that to scare folks.

• Like 1

Just take a look at the date range that I have for the 95 and above degree heat periods. We are breaking records left and right because of our Lows and most of that is because of the moisture in the air. Lows don't sell papers, Lows aren't sexy, Lows are shit to them so they will try to basteurize and extremarize every living single high this summer. Just look at the Governor of New York saying these highs that were unprecedented and it's a laughing stock. These people do far worse damage to the cause then what many people even imagine because they are unworthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The media has to push this crap down everyone's throat. After hearing this crap for 50 plus years.. it gets old guick.

• Like 2

Been working outside most of the last couple days and haven’t found the heat to be anything extreme. Stayed mostly in the shade but a bit underwhelming thus far. There is, however, quite an east-west gradient to some of the temps and I suspect the peak of the heat dome moves more over my eastern area towards the weekend, just in time for our annual summer party on Saturday ugh. 

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

I played a little league game once back in the 90s when the HI was probably close to 110. Worst experience of my entire life aside from any time I've been tapped in the nuts. A kid passed out. We stopped for five minutes to drink some Gatorade and water and then continued. I thought I was going to pass away. 

Nowadays they'd probably call the game. *******. 

• Like 1

The media has to push this crap down everyone's throat. After hearing this crap for 50 plus years.. it gets old guick.
I think 95 plus should become front page cover but again if you look at the data those seem to be happening much much less so they have to make up for it with some other shit

• Like 2

There is no one right answer but as someone without air conditioning with no plans to go out where there is any before the heat wave ends, I can only say I am headachy and uninterested in any unnecessary moving around. Monday I woke up about 6 times, last night just once. I woke up feeling drained both times. That overnight lows are not dropping as they once did is certainly no help.

I have been hiding in my phone. Thank God I broke down last year and got discounted HBO. I can highly recommend Generation Kill showing Marines invading Iraq in 2003, which I just finished last night. 

There is no one right answer but as someone without air conditioning with no plans to go out where there is any before the heat wave ends, I can only say I am headachy and uninterested in any unnecessary moving around. Monday I woke up about 6 times, last night just once. I woke up feeling drained both times. That overnight lows are not dropping as they once did is certainly no help.
I have been hiding in my phone. Thank God I broke down last year and got discounted HBO. I can highly recommend Generation Kill showing Marines invading Iraq in 2003, which I just finished last night. 
Its the lows that kill you when we have higher humidity so the lows are what's driving it all but also people don't understand the humid lows keeps the highs down

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I recommend you climb into the 20th century and get air conditioning. 

Of interest for MDT, yesterday was the first day in June that featured double digit departures from average temps, and it was exactly 10.0 so as soft as could be.    Today has already come in less than a double-digit departure.   Yesterday was also the first double digit departure since May 8th spanning a total of over 40 days with temps ending within 10 degrees of average (both below and above.)