• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

WN_7-day.jpg

Is that for Harrisburg proper? Seems that the NWS is about 5+ degrees cooler (at least or Elysburg) for Saturday while also adding a 40% chance of storms in the afternoon.

17 hours ago, canderson said:

This heat weave might last through early next week. I predict 11 straight 90+ days. 

I wouldn't make this prediction, but there's a "path" for this to last into midweek. Monday is the big question mark - at least in our area, 90s seem all but certain through Sunday. Now the Tuesday-Wednesday timeframe next week is looking like 90s are quite possible. If we somehow pull off a 90 on Monday, by the middle of next week we would be at double digit consecutive days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It does feel warmer this AM.  74 here.  LNS made it down to 68 last night almost matching me.  

72 was my low. As MU predicted we had a slight drop in dews last evening (about 5-6 degrees) that allowed for more cooling than I thought we'd have. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thank you! I find it interesting that September's record high is higher than June's. 

Last evening, The Channel 27 news guy stated that yesterday is as "hot as it can get at MDT".    LOL.    Since 1995 MDT has recorded a temp of 100 or above 14 times and 96 or above somewhere between 75 and 100 times (did not feel like counting it up.)  Picked 1995 because anything further back clogs up the record site since there are so many examples.   No way to look at HI's way back but it has frequently pushed 110 at MDT. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Last evening, The Channel 27 news guy stated that yesterday is as "hot as it can get at MDT".    LOL.    Since 1995 MDT has recorded a temp of 100 or above 14 times and 96 or above somewhere between 75 and 100 times (did not feel like counting it up.)  Picked 1995 because anything further back clogs up the record site since there are so many examples.   No way to look at HI's way back but it has frequently pushed 110 at MDT. 

Speaking of which, CTP has a graphic on their home screen with the "Heat Risk" index for Central PA from today through next Tuesday. There is Minor, Moderate, Major and Extreme. Extreme is for HI at or above 110 I believe - most of the LSV surrounding the river are in the Major Category on Friday and Saturday and Extreme for Sunday, meaning that they expect the HI to reach 110. 

• Like 1

Yesterday's high here in East Nantmeal was 85.4 our warmest day since the 85.9 back on April 29th. Most spots across the County failed to touch the 90 degree mark....but today should see most with the exception of the higher spots like East Nantmeal and Atlgen hitting 90 degrees. Many spots should see temps in the 90's over the weekend before the "heat wave" breaks and we see temps fall back into the mid to upper 80's. There can be some small rain chances starting on Friday night through the weekend.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1929) / Low 39 degrees at Devault (1954) / Record rain 2.88" at West Grove (1934)
image.png.bbd6b6ec71733febfdeb0fc869b4afbd.png

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Speaking of which, CTP has a graphic on their home screen with the "Heat Risk" index for Central PA from today through next Tuesday. There is Minor, Moderate, Major and Extreme. Extreme is for HI at or above 110 I believe - most of the LSV surrounding the river are in the Major Category on Friday and Saturday and Extreme for Sunday, meaning that they expect the HI to reach 110. 

Channel 27 may be knocked off the air!

• Haha 1