• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Up to 89 here.  Our first 90 of the year seems in the bag. 

Congrats! I was at 88 at 12:30pm (!) but then it clouded over, didn't rain, and yet foiled my chance for my 3rd 90 of the season. Sitting at 86 now so I guess an outside chance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We can thank Climate Change for a lot of things...including the fact that the Central PA Spring thread was more active most of today than the current thread!

Shh let’s not tell those people that thread is dead ..l

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We can thank Climate Change for a lot of things...including the fact that the Central PA Spring thread was more active most of today than the current thread!

My grass, which is turning to straw despite having a lot more rain than many, is calling it something.   I just mowed and 2/3 of it really had not grown so mower on the shelf for now.   Looks like MDT scored a 90 as did I.   Will wait for MDT to make sure it is not an 89. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

DuBois set a record high today.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My grass, which is turning to straw despite having a lot more rain than many, is calling it something.   I just mowed and 2/3 of it really had not grown so mower on the shelf for now.   Looks like MDT scored a 90 as did I.   Will wait for MDT to make sure it is not an 89. 

Heard that. I have not mowed for 15 days. Not close to needing it...yet. All of the nickel and dimers that @Mount Joy Snowman has gotten over the past week or so have missed me.

It's dry.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Heard that. I have not mowed for 15 days. Not close to needing it...yet. All of the nickel and dimers that @Mount Joy Snowman has gotten over the past week or so have missed me.

It's dry.

And those nickel and dimers would do little to help now.   If it is not going to rain 1/2-1" per week in June and July, the grass is toast.   We cannot all live in Marysville! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And those nickel and dimers would do little to help now.   If it is not going to rain 1/2-1" per week in June and July, the grass is toast.   We cannot all live in Marysville! 

I wasn't sure whether to like, laugh...or thank you for your reply.

You can see which I chose. :)

• Haha 1

This is too good not to share. From June 2 in Texas. It is a thing of beauty in its way but if I had actually been there, I never would never have thought that. Laura Hedien who took the video only got 11 comments about on Twitter. How can that be?

https://x.com/lhedien/status/1797446848480739825

It looks much better on a phone if you go horizontal and let the image stretch out and breathe.

image.png.b85101de197cd4abd1cb568a331aa32c.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's dry.

My grass finally needs addressed again. The ten day keeps getting less and less wet up this way. The next dry window I get be it tomorrow or Thursday may be the last time the mower runs for a while. And that's saying it runs after two weeks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Bears opened a 6 pack in Cleveland. 

Sure did - in front of nearly 15,000.

Which brings up a question I've had for years that I'll never get an answer to...

For a Calder Cup final game on a Saturday night in Chocolatetown, how many people could the Bears pull in?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure did - in front of nearly 15,000.

Which brings up a question I've had for years that I'll never get an answer to...

For a Calder Cup final game on a Saturday night in Chocolatetown, how many people could the Bears pull in?

Is it possible they do not sell out?

A very mild 70 this AM. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoralRed said:

This is too good not to share. From June 2 in Texas. It is a thing of beauty in its way but if I had actually been there, I never would never have thought that. Laura Hedien who took the video only got 11 comments about on Twitter. How can that be?

https://x.com/lhedien/status/1797446848480739825

It looks much better on a phone if you go horizontal and let the image stretch out and breathe.

image.png.b85101de197cd4abd1cb568a331aa32c.png

Because it's X now...  

No, in all honesty it's a trash app, that the only engagement you get is if it's something political, or troll your most hated sports team. 

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's dry.

All that action I've received has added up to a grand total of .11" over the last 2+ weeks, so not great ha.  Let's cross our fingers and see what the next day or two bring.

• Like 1