• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

4 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Wow, international! It's been upgraded? Where are they flying to internationally?

Not international, but I’ve been told you can now fly from Johnstown to Chicago-O’Hare, which was shocking to me.

1 minute ago, TimB said:

DuBois was 92 on the last hourly obs, which ties their monthly record for June.

Bradford reached at least 90F today, marking only the third time it has reached at least 90F in the month of June since records began in 1957. The other two occasions were both in 2022: 90F on the 16th; and 93F on the 22nd.

as of 4pm only 4 sites have touched 90 degrees suspect only near half of locales will reach that rarified heat mark
I think you should look at population within 10 mile radius of station to determine heat wave. Weight each station by population

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So far, a shaky high of 93 at home. (92.7) Temp is currently 91.4. 

Not as shaky as the grounds for calling a heat wave at LNS.  Will see if they come in with a 90 or 91 today.   If they fall by the wayside tomorrow, they have to start all over.  LOL.   MU already below 90 themselves.  What kind of hot box are you guys running over there!  LOL

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

Ain’t much of a heatwave so far. I am doubting near 100F temps some have posted.

However, I more impressed with how high our low temps are….time that’s the real sign of warmth.

Meso's have 60's across the board for the southern LSV tonight so let's see how that works out. 

A replica heat dome looks like it will be back next Tuesday or Wednesday. The cold front next Monday doesn’t seem it’ll bring any cooler temps or any precip to the LSV. Could realistically be looking at 2+ straight weeks if 90+ and not more than .01” of rain for more than a month.  

Basically, a Texas climate the rest of June.  

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

A replica heat dome looks like it will be back next Tuesday or Wednesday. The cold front next Monday doesn’t seem it’ll bring any cooler temps or any precip to the LSV. Could realistically be looking at 2+ straight weeks if 90+ and not more than .01” of rain for more than a month.  

The normal high 2 weeks from now is 87.    I would expect the MDT Concrete Jungle to be above 90 half those days even in a coolish summer.   I just did a manual scan so possible I missed one but it appears the last time MDT had a July day not reach 80, without precip/clouds, was July 7, 2018....almost 6 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Good. I'll be lakeside with my anus in a floatee. Temps won't be quite so bad for me, but it may be a bitch to get comfortable at night.