• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

With the start of our heatwave for most places tomorrow....I thought I would highlight how relatively infrequent heatwaves (3 or more consecutive days exceeding 90 degrees) are here in Chester County PA. in just looking at the last 10 years. The below shows how the modest elevation above sea level differences across the county impact the prevalence of heatwaves. In fact the 2 highest locations East Nantmeal and Atglen have each only experienced 2 heatwaves during the past 10 years. The below is ranked by elevation from highest to lowest and there is a clear correlation to 90 degree days and heatwaves. Three of the top 6 higher spots have not seen a heatwave over the past 2 years. The lowest locale down in Phoenixville is the spot to be if you like heatwaves as they average 5 per year. While the highest spots will in most years not see a heatwave, Lower spots generally should expect only 1 heat wave per summer.

image.thumb.png.5391749ba3a9e6b0c258fc000c420622.png

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

With the start of our heatwave for most places tomorrow....I thought I would highlight how relatively infrequent heatwaves (3 or more consecutive days exceeding 90 degrees) are here in Chester County PA. in just looking at the last 10 years. The below shows how the modest elevation above sea level differences across the county impact the prevalence of heatwaves. In fact the 2 highest locations East Nantmeal and Atglen have each only experienced 2 heatwaves during the past 10 years. The below is ranked by elevation from highest to lowest and there is a clear correlation to 90 degree days and heatwaves. Three of the top 6 higher spots have not seen a heatwave over the past 2 years. The lowest locale down in Phoenixville is the spot to be if you like heatwaves as they average 5 per year. While the highest spots will in most years not see a heatwave, Lower spots generally should expect only 1 heat wave per summer.

image.thumb.png.5391749ba3a9e6b0c258fc000c420622.png

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

8 before Nooners.  83 in Rou.  Think we eek out a 90 but shall see.  MDT is 86 which is 2 above their temp at this time yesterday.

image.png.9388f15b6105ce3b6f31c8c8685404bc.png

I don't think your "start of the heatwave in most places tomorrow" prediction is going to hold up...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Fair amount of 90s on there before noon - up to 87.2 at home. 

One consideration here is that it is partly cloudy (surprisingly, does not show up that well of visible sat pics.)  I was just outside for 15 min and it sun was behind clouds at least 1/2 of the time. 

• Like 1