• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Looks like Lanco (MU) only got to 88F.

We all know KCXY is going to run away with the highs this week. A small wind change today It costs two points to fall to 61 and temperatures arise a few degrees instantly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, TimB said:
...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 91 DEGREES WAS SET AT DUBOIS PA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 89 DEGREES SET IN 1994.

Lancaster only getting to 88 and Dubois 91.    Who would have thunk.   MU's high this afternoon was 88 on their obs though I cannot see back past 2PM. 

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lancaster only getting to 88 and Dubois 91.    Who would have thunk.   MU's high this afternoon was 88 on their obs though I cannot see back past 2PM. 

And in East Nantmeal it topped out at 82.

• Haha 4

I have 84, 83, 85, 87 for around there so I can accept that. I can easily see that weather station being in a very beneficial position with woods and creeks to be a very much a cool spot on that area. Just is what it is

21 minutes ago, TimB said:

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I have 84, 83, 85, 87 for around there so I can accept that. I can easily see that weather station being in a very beneficial position with woods and creeks to be a very much a cool spot on that area. Just is what it is

His high was 82.5 to be precise. Home page of his website. 

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Anyone wanting to watch the game on TV in Phoenix is going to have tune in at 7:30am. That's crazy. Baseball before morning coffee...lol

English football is insane like that in that folks in LA would have to be up at 4 am to watch their teams. And the bars would fill up. 

1 hour ago, TimB said:

Can confirm. Hot as shit out today. 

Went to Laguna Splash Skettiworld Water Park after work and once again had to flee a thunderboomer. The lightning was nasty especially in Tyrone where I stopped to top off afterwards. 

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Can confirm. Hot as shit out today. 

Went to Laguna Splash Skettiworld Water Park after work and once again had to flee a thunderboomer. The lightning was nasty especially in Tyrone where I stopped to top off afterwards. 

My grandparents lived in Altoona and used to take me to the park formerly known as Bland’s Park when I was a kid. They didn’t have the water park or the excessively shameless Italian branding back then.

46 minutes ago, TimB said:

My grandparents lived in Altoona and used to take me to the park formerly known as Bland’s Park when I was a kid. They didn’t have the water park or the excessively shameless Italian branding back then.

It's incredible how little the park has changed on the right side of the highway. The kiddie section I think has one ride that is under 40 years of age and overall the only alterations on that side since I was a youngster (I turn 39 in August) was the removal of Zyklon and turning it into a Wild Mouse and the tragedy that was getting rid of Space Odyssey. Almost nothing else has changed. 

The go karts and mini golf where the water park is now were great. Wish they had a way to keep those while putting in a wave pool and a lazy river. 

3K is getting angry for our Western areas tomorrow.  Being on the outside periphery of this ridge can really lead to some wet days. 
image.thumb.png.5c94911625dc347664e542039d90bca1.png

I just watchex on radar everything evaporate like it was nothing. I'm not holding out any hope anything gets past the mountains for a long time

17 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I just watchex on radar everything evaporate like it was nothing. I'm not holding out any hope anything gets past the mountains for a long time

Until the ridge moves, we are praying.   It is like an umbrella.   Last week the GFS had the ridge further south and we were getting inches of rain this week. 

12:14a 6/18/24: The wind kicked up awhile ago and we got .14" of rain. The wind felt cool next to the window but the air really doesn't feel any better now. A whole week of this with higher dew points than we had today (which was bearable) is going to be tough. 

11 hours ago, TimB said:

It was also the third earliest 90+ reading since records began in 1962. It was 91F on June 2, 2023, and 90F on June 8, 1968.