• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The most optimistic (weenie?) red tagger in terms of snow on the entire board is really negative about the upcoming winter.

Reversal of fortune?

I don't know of one respected or serious weather professional who hasnt basically cancelled already. 

• Like 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

I don't know of one respected or serious weather professional who hasnt basically cancelled already. 

Same here.

Having said that- we've had predicted "epic, historic patterns" over the past couple of years that did nothing but drop a giant dukie. So, perhaps we'll catch lightning in a bottle this winter.

Don't know if anyone saw it, but JB says warm and not snowy in the east this winter citing the MJO in phases 4-6. But really, there are more reasons than just the MJO on paper. But, the hurricane season was supposed to be a blockbuster and we see how that's gone so far.

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The most optimistic (weenie?) red tagger in terms of snow on the entire board is really negative about the upcoming winter.

Reversal of fortune?

JB put out a preliminary Winter Outlook today on Weatherbell & he too is pessimistic for the Winter in the East. 
In fact, in 25 years of following JB from Accuweather to Weatherbell, I don’t recall a season where he ever predicted below normal snow for this region.

Maybe we will actually have a chance now, Lol!

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Don't know if anyone saw it, but JB says warm and not snowy in the east this winter citing the MJO in phases 4-6. But really, there are more reasons than just the MJO on paper. But, the hurricane season was supposed to be a blockbuster and we see how that's gone so far.

Yes, I read it today & was shocked.

JB always finds a way for a snowy outlook, but not this year.

Maybe he’s using reverse psychology?

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service State College PA
413 AM EDT Sat Aug 31 2024

PAZ026>028-033>036-049>053-056>059-063>066-010815-
Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Union-
Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-
Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Strong to severe thunderstorms with gusty winds, hail, and heavy
rainfall that could lead to flash flooding are possible this afternoon
into the evening.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday.

A few storms could produce gusty winds on Sunday afternoon.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotters are encouraged to report significant hazardous weather.

$$

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service State College PA

PAZ026>028-033>036-049>053-056>059-063>066-010815-
Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Union-
Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-
Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Strong to severe thunderstorms with gusty winds, hail, and heavy
rainfall that could lead to flash flooding are possible this afternoon
into the evening.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday.

A few storms could produce gusty winds on Sunday afternoon.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotters are encouraged to report significant hazardous weather.

$$

This will be at least my 10th flood watch like statement this summer...will the last day of summer finally score?  0-9ish so far. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This will be at least my 10th flood watch like statement this summer...will the last day of summer finally score?  0-9ish so far. 

Hopefully you'll score some rain today. If not you'll have to rely on the old standby...Voyager to come through and deliver the goods!

No photo description available.

• Haha 4

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

I think the only trip he'll be making to the 'ville is to hand deliver the GFS and Euro 10 day snowfall maps directly to you.

The Rouzerville/Pen Mar area has a ban on Weather Bell snow maps. We accept only Pivotal or Tropical Tidbits (TT only when atmosphere is cold enough for snow through the whole event.)    We will accept weather.us for some foreign weather models. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Now I was up to the mountains this week and an old farmer told me the apple trees was loaded this year. Which usually means a bad winter.

See how his prediction holds up to JB’s 

• Like 1

Near normal temperatures both today and tomorrow before a sharp turn to well below normal temps for the 1st week of September. Best chances for rain will be late tonight with the cold front with a lesser chance tomorrow with the secondary reinforcing front.
Chester County Records for today: High 103 degrees at Phoenixville (1953) / Low 37 degrees at Phoenixville (1986) / Rain 4.37" at West Chester (1911)
image.png.38f0bbe9217293f2c2f5c602fbb2d644.png

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Rouzerville/Pen Mar area has a ban on Weather Bell snow maps. We accept only Pivotal or Tropical Tidbits (TT only when atmosphere is cold enough for snow through the whole event.)    We will accept weather.us for some foreign weather models. 

Lol, I’ll deliver Weatherbell 16 day ensemble snow maps, I know they are your favorite.

For an added bonus, I’ll throw in some 46 day Weeklies snow maps.

• Haha 3

As today is the last day of the final full summer month it appears like we will fail to see any of the Chester County stations touch the 100 degree mark for the for the 5th straight summer. Our last 100 degree day temperature was at Phoenixville (big surprise) on July 21, 2019. The next highest temperature that day was the 95.6 at West Bradford Twp. This is the longest stretch between a century reading since the 5 years between 1996 through 2000. The longest non-100 degree stretch was the 9 straight summers between 1902 through 1910.

As today is the last day of the final full summer month it appears like we will fail to see any of the Chester County stations touch the 100 degree mark for the for the 5th straight summer. Our last 100 degree day temperature was at Phoenixville (big surprise) on July 21, 2019. The next highest temperature that day was the 95.6 at West Bradford Twp. This is the longest stretch between a century reading since the 5 years between 1996 through 2000. The longest non-100 degree stretch was the 9 straight summers between 1902 through 1910.

59 minutes ago, canderson said:

For whatever team you support in college football, may the odds be in all our favors*

* Unless there is a land thief hiding amongst us … in that case may a pox be put upon you forevermore   

I'll definitely be rooting for the Horns next weekend.

• Like 1