• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Next Wednesday looks hot. Mid to upper 90s. 

Yeah my forecast has really been on the rise, 97 last I checked. That will have some ramifications on the final average monthly temp I calculated. Low of 61 here. Should be a great pool day, jealous of anyone who has one. 

It appears that August will finish as the first below normal temperature month of the year (current estimate is 0.6 degrees below normal) and our first since last November when we were 1.2 degrees colder than normal. However, we do have an above normal temperature final week of August on the way with the warmest day being Wednesday when some spots may reach the 90's. If this happens this could well be the final 90 plus day of the year for some locations. Only a slight chance of a shower Monday evening otherwise continued dry.
Chester County Records for today: High 101 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 40 degrees at Coatesvile 1SW (1927) / Rain 3.29" at West Chester (1905)
image.png.2e70d137b2c0579b568d40bb2744274a.png
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Good to see the heat returning! Probably in mid September we'll have highs in the low mid 60's with dp's in the mid 40's with a North wind gusting 25 mph.

September is the new June. I expect a majority of days to be 80+ highs. 

• Like 1

MDT could only struggle to 86 today and a struggle it was as most of the day was spent below that.   If that high holds up as fact they should break their BN streak as the low was only one below normal while the high was 2 AN.  Surprisingly close call today after it looked like today would be more to the warmer side earlier.   High of 83 at Rou.  Incredible streak of BN temps. 

From S&S: EXTENDED WINTER OUTLOOK!

GET READY!  Like & Share! 

For Winter 2024-2025!!!!!!

Hello Winter Weather Enthusiasts and weather lovers of all kinds!!!

This map is to give you a GENERAL idea of what we expect from the winter as a whole. This map is going to change and will need adjusted as we get closer so please keep that in mind. 

***We are a volunteer group. Please check out the bottom of this post to show your support to the team!

Main Takeaway:  Winter will start slow for many. After DECEMBER it’s GAME ON!!!!

One thing that we want to point out is that while this shows a very wintry outlook, we believe this will not really kick in until JANUARY. 

That means we do not expect snow for Thanksgiving or anything significant in December for the EAST COAST.  The pacific zones may very well see EARLY snows in higher elevations. This is fairly common. 

Let’s start out WEST and work our way EAST. 

NW ZONES:   

We are very confident you will see snow early and often especially in higher elevations. Many of those areas will also see record breaking historical snowfall amounts. This will also lead to issues for lower elevations due to excessive rainfall and mudslides. This will definitely be something we will have to watch. 

SW ZONES: 

Overall it will be a typical winter. Mild temperatures and average precipitation. We do not see anything significant in either direction fir this zone. 

MIDWEST ZONE: 

This is where things get VERY INTERESTING. All the action out west moves east. Depending on the track these systems will pickup steam and crank out some serious winter weather. We wouldn’t be surprised to see the worst of winter in this zone. Frequent snow storms and a lot of cold will stay locked in this zone ESPECIALLY STARTING in JANUARY through MARCH. Like last year this includes areas like Western Tennessee and much of Kentucky. This will be the areas we see have the best chance of seeing blizzards and significant snow. These will also (as of right now) have the best chance of a white Christmas!  

THE TEXAS ZONE: 

Texas is its own ZONE. We are unfortunately going to see storms that track across and cause an active pattern with winter weather. The biggest problem will be with the track these storms are expected to take. We believe the track will cause an active storm situation with just enough cold to filter down and cause a few ice storms that will cause a lot of problems. We are greatly concerned with the possibility of problems with the power grid in addition to travel. Some areas in Texas can handle winter weather but most areas do not have the equipment to cover the many miles of roadways that may need treated. Between closed roads and an icy power grid that didn’t handle the last ice breakout too well we think preparing now for this possibility is something that is smart to do!!!

SE ZONES:

These are areas just off the coast. All that winter mess out west has to go somewhere. Some storms will track north of you and cause a cold rain. HOWEVER Several storms will track south out of the Midwest and pick up steam. This will pull down cold air from the north and cause ice and snow!!! West of 95 better be ready for January-late February.  Winter is going to hit these areas hard. 

Florida & SE Coastal ZONES

This is the area to go to if you want sunny warm weather. For the majority of us we call this the BORING ZONE. Some parts of NC in this zone could see a rare snow but not much in accumulation is really expected. 

The NORTHEAST Zone!!!!
(Including the Mid Atlantic)

8/10  Winter!   WOW!!!!
AFTER AN INITIAL SLOW START… 

You will START out cool in late November/December with a few rain/snow mix systems but not strong deep cold. 

AFTER DECEMBER THOUGH!

Storm tracks in the Midwest will control the temperatures and precipitation in the east. We will have to get to late December or early January before things get cranking. After that it’s GAME ON! 

JANUARY will begin to deliver MULTIPLE Alberta clippers and several Nor’Easters with BIG-TIME SNOWS. 

We do not expect a lot of major ice storms here. Unfortunately a white Christmas isn’t very likely either but there is still time for adjustment. In the northern higher elevations of the northeast they will see a white Christmas like they do most winters. 

THEN WINTER HITS….

From January on ITS GAME ON FOR AREAS FROM CENTRAL VA TO BOSTON ESPECIALLY! 

This includes all the busy areas like DC, Philly, Hagerstown, Pittsburgh, Harpers Ferry, NYC, Harrisburg, and even coastal areas like Virginia Beach, Dover and Long Island. Basically the entire 95 corridor all the way to Maine will be affected in a big way after an initial slow start. There is time for adjustments but the main takeaway from this is to get ready for an IMPRESSIVE winter after an initial slow start. BRING IT!!!

MORE UPDATES COMING SOON!!! 

Consider Supporting The Team! 
They do this for the love of the community!  Show Your Support!

CashApp:  $SSSTORMTEAM

Venmo:  @SSSTORMCHASINGLLC

PayPal:  @SSSTORMCHASING 

#TEAMSSLLC-Winter Outlook

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

We had our fantasy draft outside today and in the shade with the breeze it didn’t feel bad at all. The Heaven Hill bourbon didn’t hurt ha. 

Ours is on Saturday evening. My mood will be 100% dependent on what happens at noon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ours is on Saturday evening. My mood will be 100% dependent on what happens at noon.

Going to be tough opening game for your boys.

I hope they solved Allar’s head case issues with an actual offensive game plan. His talent is too much to be left isolated like last year’s play calling and approach. 

Edit: that sounds way more harsh than intended. I just mean WVU had a much much better year last year than anyone thought and should be better this season. And Allar has so much talent but that game planning last year seemed to go against his talents. As a Texas fan, I know that feeling from oh say 2011--2021 lol 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Going to be tough opening game for your boys.

I hope they solved Allar’s head case issues with an actual offensive game plan. His talent is too much to be left isolated like last year’s play calling and approach. 

Edit: that sounds way more harsh than intended. I just mean WVU had a much much better year last year than anyone thought and should be better this season. And Allar has so much talent but that game planning last year seemed to go against his talents. As a Texas fan, I know that feeling from oh say 2011--2021 lol 

I have been saying this for awhile.  New OC.  With big expectations.  If Allar still looks tentative and confused in big games, it's Pribula time.  I trust that this OC knows that he's doing, and I expect that the offense will look way better.  If it doesn't, you can't mess around.  Put the York kid in.

• Like 2

61 for the low this AM.   If the rain misses here this afternoon, the 15th and final mow of the summer is on the slate.  IF MDT can avoid 90 today that will be 20 straight days 89 or under.  A nice relief after the previous talk of record level 90's for summer.   MDT would need 5 out of the final 6 days to hit 90 just to crack the top 10 now.  Right now they stand at 15th. 

• Like 1

Yesterday made it 17 of the last 19 days with below normal temperatures for August. We turn that around starting today through Wednesday before we fall back below normal to close out the month next weekend. Slight rain chances Wednesday night through Thursday.
Chester County Records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1948) / Low 40 degrees also at Phoenixville (1944) / Rain 2.91" at Coatesville 1SW (1908)
image.png.798e1960f5bbdc7b84e31344f92770fe.png

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 62.  Some short-lived heat on the way but I'm liking the look of the northeast troughiness as we head through early September.  Atlantic tropics seem dead right now as well, with all the action in the eastern pacific heading towards Hawaii. 

Was going to ask if anyone has paid attention to long range trends. That's some good news, September's IMO always disappoint.