• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here is Sept 1992 to present.  A very wet look.

image.png.a3800191ed9eb8c598eb50a8ec0f6c67.png

31 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Probably just depends on Tropical activity.  No tropics = drier month.

I've always viewed September as a very dry month - without this data I would have assumed that it was probably one of the 3 driest months of the year. 

If you take the 32 years above and average it out you get about 5.13"/year. Just by removing the top 4 years which were obviously heavily influenced by tropical rains, that monthly average drops 1"/month for the remaining 28 years. 

I don't know what our average monthly precip is - I'm sure it's easily available. 11 of the 32 years above had monthly totals of about 2.5" or less with 7 years seeing less than 2". 

Interesting data, thanks for sharing. September has to be one of if not the most volatile months when it comes to precip. Really depends on what happens with tropical storms. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 53.  A couple more nice days before things turn decidedly more uncomfortable.  Me and the fellas are heading to West Virginia for our Penn State road trip this year, so keeping a close eye on things for next weekend.

Have fun at Mountaineer Field. Personally...I'm worried about that game right off the bat. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Have fun at Mountaineer Field. Personally...I'm worried about that game right off the bat. 

As am I, but I worry about every game haha.  Honestly though, new O-coordinator, replacing three O-linemen who were drafted, a QB who I still don't know what the hell to make of but gives me major Hackenberg vibes, and oh yeah, the always present Franklin factor.......tough test for week one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I thought you were in Willow Street, but your signature says Manor Township??  I demand answers Superstorm! :lol:

"Technically" I am in Pequa Township, but my school district is Manor Township.

When I send people my google address, I use Willow Street because it sometimes cannot find Lancaster.  I get confusd myself, lol.

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

"Technically" I am in Pequa Township, but my school district is Manor Township.

When I send people my google address, I use Willow Street because it sometimes cannot find Lancaster.  I get confusd myself, lol.

Wait, I may be more confused now too ha.  Did you mean to say Penn Manor School District?  Because yes, Penn Manor includes Pequea Township.  So you do in fact live in Pequea just outside of Willow Street?  Honestly, feel free to ignore me at any point if I'm prying too much haha.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wait, I may be more confused now too ha.  Did you mean to say Penn Manor School District?  Because yes, Penn Manor includes Pequea Township.  So you do in fact live in Pequea just outside of Willow Street?  Honestly, feel free to ignore me at any point if I'm prying too much haha.

Lol, no problem.  I did change my siqnature to the correct township.

Just now, Superstorm said:

Lol, no problem.  I did change my siqnature to the correct township.

I see that now!  I have done my good deed (eeerr annoying deed) for the day.  I will now crawl back into my hole. 

Side note, I will be in Pequea Township tomorrow for a party at my uncle's place, which is in the extreme northeastern part of the township right along the Conestoga River.  Not that anybody asked.  Carry on. 

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I see that now!  I have done my good deed (eeerr annoying deed) for the day.  I will now crawl back into my hole. 

Side note, I will be in Pequea Township tomorrow for a party at my uncle's place, which is in the extreme northeastern part of the township right along the Conestoga River.  Not that anybody asked.  Carry on. 

Don't you go pestering the fine folk of the Penn Manor School District. Stay in your lane, you filthy Black Knight! 

:)  

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As am I, but I worry about every game haha.  Honestly though, new O-coordinator, replacing three O-linemen who were drafted, a QB who I still don't know what the hell to make of but gives me major Hackenberg vibes, and oh yeah, the always present Franklin factor.......tough test for week one. 

How and why are we ranked so high. I don't get that. Anyways bring the good luck to them!

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

How and why are we ranked so high. I don't get that. Anyways bring the good luck to them!

Kinda agree with you - I could see PSU making the expanded playoffs this year but just as easily see this team lose at least 4 games. (WVU, Ohio State, Washington, USC) There are a couple of others that won't be easy, either. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Don't you go pestering the fine folk of the Penn Manor School District. Stay in your lane, you filthy Black Knight! 

:)  

Or as my wife's mom says they used to call them back in the day, Penn Manure.  Ah, local rivalries.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Since half of Lancaster posts here, someone bring me a 6 pack of Lancaster Cupcakes. 

True story, I had a buddy who one time slept on the sidewalk overnight in front of the Lancaster Cupcake off of Granite Run Drive so he'd be one of the first in line to get a year's worth of free cupcakes or some sh$t like that.  Of course, his wife put him up to it.  He's one of those "do whatever the wife wants" guys.  I would have had something else to say about such a request haha.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Kinda agree with you - I could see PSU making the expanded playoffs this year but just as easily see this team lose at least 4 games. (WVU, Ohio State, Washington, USC) There are a couple of others that won't be easy, either. 

I don't know. I think any more than three losses should come with pink slips. I am by no means a fan of James Franklin, but this is his easiest path to keeping a job here. The schedule this year is pretty weak without Michigan and Oregon on the schedule. Washington is in a total rebuild from the coach on down as Deboer went to Bama, and I just do not trust USC to be consistent. 

I keep seeing people think West Virginia is a toss-up but I don't get it. State is going to make West Virginia's QB beat them in the air and he's not great as a passing QB, and Penn State has probably the best offensive line in the country in terms of depth, and upgraded in offensive coordinator. Kansas hung like 55 points on West Virginia last season and I don't think you'll find anybody who would say Kansas's offense last week is more skilled or talented than Penn State's offense is this year.

If they think the environment is going to make a difference, I would submit as evidence the shit-pushing Auburn got two seasons ago at home during their cute little attempt at the whiteout. I don't think the team who calls college football's most hostile environment home is going to be scared of a trip to Morgantown. 

OSU is OSU. That game is a loss. Maybe one shock loss on top of that, but I don't know. I fire Franklin the second a third loss is registered. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I don't know. I think any more than three losses should come with pink slips. I am by no means a fan of James Franklin, but this is his easiest path to keeping a job here. The schedule this year is pretty weak without Michigan and Oregon on the schedule. Washington is in a total rebuild from the coach on down as Deboer went to Bama, and I just do not trust USC to be consistent. 

I keep seeing people think West Virginia is a toss-up but I don't get it. State is going to make West Virginia's QB beat them in the air and he's not great as a passing QB, and Penn State has probably the best offensive line in the country in terms of depth, and upgraded in offensive coordinator. Kansas hung like 55 points on West Virginia last season and I don't think you'll find anybody who would say Kansas's offense last week is more skilled or talented than Penn State's offense is this year.

If they think the environment is going to make a difference, I would submit as evidence the shit-pushing Auburn got two seasons ago at home during their cute little attempt at the whiteout. I don't think the team who calls college football's most hostile environment home is going to be scared of a trip to Morgantown. 

OSU is OSU. That game is a loss. Maybe one shock loss on top of that, but I don't know. I fire Franklin the second a third loss is registered. 

Great post that I almost entirely agree with, but I think you meant to say one of the deepest defensive lines, not offensive, correct?  While I agree they should wax WVU, the week one factor along with on the road gives me at least a little pause.  You just never know how teams are going to come out of the gate on week one in college football, particularly with a new offense.  But yeah, a loss to WVU would feel like a virtual season ender and have Franklin's trousers starting to smoke. 

25 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Well said. I won't argue anything here - 2 things about me:

• The more invested that I am in a sports team, and I'm probably more invested in PSU than any professional team including the Orioles...the more cautious I am. My 3 favorite sports teams (PSU football, Orioles, 76ers) haven't won anything since 1986. I'm used to being let down.
  • I do not trust James Franklin. There will be at LEAST one game this year where Nittany Nation will be in an uproar over a loss that shouldn't have happened and it will point back directly at James. Book it. 

Also- remember the home opener in 2018 against App State? PSU entered that year with national title aspirations after losing in that memorable Rose Bowl shootout with SC the previous winter. PSU was extremely fortunate to walk out of the Beav with a W. App State had us on the ropes and McSorley bailed us out in the final minute of regulation. That was the closest I've ever come to seeing them lose in person. Like the guy below said...you never know what's coming in the first game. 

20 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Great post that I almost entirely agree with, but I think you meant to say one of the deepest defensive lines, not offensive, correct?  While I agree they should wax WVU, the week one factor along with on the road gives me at least a little pause.  You just never know how teams are going to come out of the gate on week one in college football, particularly with a new offense.  But yeah, a loss to WVU would feel like a virtual season ender and have Franklin's trousers starting to smoke. 

I really don't want to have a mental image of his trousers...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 of our last 16 days have featured below normal temperatures. Temps today will still be a little below normal (low 80's) levels. Tomorrow we warm to near normal and then above normal readings starting on Sunday. Our next chance of rain looks to be later Monday.
Chester County Records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1936) / Low 41 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1952) / Rain 4.74" at Phoenixville (1933)
image.png.9b71790aacb540c89357db63723e7592.png

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well said. I won't argue anything here - 2 things about me:

• The more invested that I am in a sports team, and I'm probably more invested in PSU than any professional team including the Orioles...the more cautious I am. My 3 favorite sports teams (PSU football, Orioles, 76ers) haven't won anything since 1986. I'm used to being let down.
  • I do not trust James Franklin. There will be at LEAST one game this year where Nittany Nation will be in an uproar over a loss that shouldn't have happened and it will point back directly at James. Book it. 

Also- remember the home opener in 2018 against App State? PSU entered that year with national title aspirations after losing in that memorable Rose Bowl shootout with SC the previous winter. PSU was extremely fortunate to walk out of the Beav with a W. App State had us on the ropes and McSorley bailed us out in the final minute of regulation. That was the closest I've ever come to seeing them lose in person. Like the guy below said...you never know what's coming in the first game. 

I really don't want to have a mental image of his trousers...

I, as well, am far more invested in PSU football than anything else and couldn't agree more with the bolded part.

The only thing I'll say about that App State team is that they were REALLY good.  They took only one other loss on the year and kicked the crap out of everyone else on their way to winning the Sun Belt.  That was Scott Satterfield's final year as head coach and he had the program absolutely rolling.  Penn State won their next three games 51-6 over Pitt, 63-10 over Kent State, and 63-24 over Illinois, before the heartbreaking one-point loss to Ohio State containing a certain 4th down play that we won't discuss here ha.  All that to say, App State was very formidable that year.  Still, your point about week one remains.  Almost time for some pigskin! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

i have read multiple reports that their o-line is deeper then its ever been. 

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i have read multiple reports that their o-line is deeper then its ever been. 

Yes, I've heard that as well, but they also lost three starters who were all drafted so I wasn't sure if he meant that to be a bragging point, whereas the D-line always seems to perform.  If I had a nickel for every time I heard preseason reports about how good the O-line was looking :lol:  But yes, your point about them having more capable bodies is accurate.

• Like 2