• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

The cool and clouds remind me of those fall coastal rain storms were an east wind keeps us in drizzle for days

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

God I can’t wait for these. My favorite weather. I should’ve been born in Ireland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MDT did snag their first double digit BN day since April (yesterday.)  Another one on tap today as they may push their full month anomaly to 1 or even lower today.  They also earned their first heating degree days (HDD) since May and first August with an HDD since 2017.   It used to be rare that MDT did not get at least one HDD in August but has changed since 2009 when they have only had 3 such months. 

image.png.632a5315729df3aeee0586f4c8fa9661.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

44 here this AM.  As for MDT, they are who we thought they were.    54 or 55. 

image.png.39ea8b30d3690690aabacb0d579ed89d.png

I'll more or less confirm MDT's reading - my low was a disappointing 54. 

Edit: It's darn nice and my comment didn't come across as positive. I was hoping for an upper 40s reading but there's nothing to complain about with this weather. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Currently 46 here. Nice early October morning. 

Speaking of October, somebody better tell the Phillies that the playoffs for some began last night. You can't be getting punched-out 13 times and expect to survive. 

Probably the biggest game of the season to date for the Phillies today - if Atlanta wins and cuts the lead down to 5, that sends the pressure/tension up several notches. You look at Atlanta and the lineup they put out there right now and you wonder how they're even in the conversation. Even some of the guys who are healthy (Matt Olson, looking at you) are having disappointing seasons compared to last year. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Probably the biggest game of the season to date for the Phillies today - if Atlanta wins and cuts the lead down to 5, that sends the pressure/tension up several notches. You look at Atlanta and the lineup they put out there right now and you wonder how they're even in the conversation. Even some of the guys who are healthy (Matt Olson, looking at you) are having disappointing seasons compared to last year. 

It's not only the Phillies who fell off the cliff (so to speak) this second half. The Yankees and Orioles records have taken a hit as well. All three teams had .600+ win/loss percentages and were vying for best record in baseball. All three have come back down to earth over the past month or so.

Just now, Voyager said:

It's not only the Phillies who fell off the cliff (so to speak) this second half. The Yankees and Orioles records have taken a hit as well. All three teams had .600+ win/loss percentages and were vying for best record in baseball. All three have come back down to earth over the past month or so.

Thanks for the reminder. :) 

Yeah - the Orioles have primarily used 6 starting pitchers this year. 5 of them are currently on the IL. That's tough to overcome. 

Atlanta isn't feeling sorry for us, however. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Impressed by all the 40s being reported. I could only get down to 51 at KMJS. Tonight has the potential to surprise and go even lower than forecast. Glorious weather all the way around. 

I saw 52 on drive into work.  Lowest my car digi thermo would go.  I'm happy to be sitting w/ light jacket on.  :).

Happy pre Fall y'all......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1. A spot in Garrett County MD got down to 29.6 last night! (must be a localized version of Peter Sinks)

2. TCC is refuting cold in the MA thread...

If he is suggesting this used to happen more often,  he is right.  The HDD stat I posted this AM backs it.   

MDT number of days with HDD in August:

image.png.277a87f9b4a57624f5e6802c3adbcf7b.pngimage.png.ecf5ddb111b0c24b64f8610f7d98d12c.png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

If he is suggesting this used to happen more often,  he is right.  The HDD stat I posted this AM backs it.   

MDT number of days with HDD in August:

image.png.277a87f9b4a57624f5e6802c3adbcf7b.pngimage.png.ecf5ddb111b0c24b64f8610f7d98d12c.png

Oh yes, completely understood. I knew as much before he posted it...I just find it "interesting" that even in the midst of a BN spell, he's ready to pounce and squelch any type of BN temp momentum". 

Gotta keep it on the up and up. And by that I mean the air temp. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is the Phillies! And your right with so many injuries for the Braves it doesn't matter. Merrifield came back to haunt us for sure and I knew he would. Our Bullpen is terrible right now not even close to being a playoff team bullpen!

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh yes, completely understood. I knew as much before he posted it...I just find it "interesting" that even in the midst of a BN spell, he's ready to pounce and squelch any type of BN temp momentum". 

Gotta keep it on the up and up. And by that I mean the air temp. LOL

Gotcha, yes he is very defensive.    With the way the last couple decades have gone (though last Aug was not too shabby) this is great! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paweather said:

It is the Phillies! And your right with so many injuries for the Braves it doesn't matter. Merrifield came back to haunt us for sure and I knew he would. Our Bullpen is terrible right now not even close to being a playoff team bullpen!

I think someone in here mentioned the Phillies bullpen as being their weakness back on Opening Day...

And I said that while they still had Soto and Dominguez!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1. A spot in Garrett County MD got down to 29.6 last night! (must be a localized version of Peter Sinks)

2. TCC is refuting cold in the MA thread...

Speak of the devil, Sinks was beat out by Mackay, ID for the national low, who checked in at a cool 30.  Although given your Garrett reference, it sounds like we may have had some unofficial stations here in the east that matched or exceeded that.  Very impressive. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think someone in here mentioned the Phillies bullpen as being their weakness back on Opening Day...

And I said that while they still had Soto and Dominguez!

Yep no doubt not to mention our top 3 in the order had strikeout after strikeout last night. It is getting ugly for sure. Let's hope they find a way to win tonight. 

• Like 1