• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure I remember too much about BJ's fuel - I've had memberships to both clubs and vastly prefer Costco. Kirkland Signature (Costco branded) is better than a lot of name brands at a far better price. 

Completely agree about Costco and Kirkland being better; it's just the distance factor, as you mentioned, and how busy the place gets (to say nothing of the parking situation ha) that keep me away.  BJ's was simply a decision borne out of convenience.

Side note, LNS got 2.21" yesterday.  Yahtzee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Completely agree about Costco and Kirkland being better; it's just the distance factor, as you mentioned, and how busy the place gets (to say nothing of the parking situation ha) that keep me away.  BJ's was simply a decision borne out of convenience.

If it matters, no gas is actually harmful or "watered" down like our parents would say. But they don't have additives/detergents that help them burn cleaner which the branded top tier fuels do. Driving 15 minutes to save 1 mpg is not really worthy.

One of my biggest gripes about gas stations is so many still lack Apple Pay. In fact, outside Wawa and Sheetz they're pretty hard to find. Grrrrrrrrr 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I like to see all the neighborhood restauranters in there buying cases/crates of soda's to upcharge me on my next visit.  One of them, I think Costco, is going to start requiring ID of some kind to enter.   Cutting down on sharing cards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

If it matters, no gas is actually harmful or "watered" down like our parents would say. But they don't have additives/detergents that help them burn cleaner which the branded top tier fuels do. Driving 15 minutes to save 1 mpg is not really worthy.

One of my biggest gripes about gas stations is so many still lack Apple Pay. In fact, outside Wawa and Sheetz they're pretty hard to find. Grrrrrrrrr 

My worry is that I often see unbranded gas trucks at all stations so unless you are testing pre-pump, I am guessing some branded stations get away with selling the same gas as the other places. 

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My worry is that I often see unbranded gas trucks at all stations so unless you are testing pre-pump, I am guessing some branded stations get away with selling the same gas as the other places. 

They’ll lose their franchise if they do (well if it isn’t a shady place) that. If it’s Shell or Sunoco or Exxon it’s getting that specific fuel with its specific added detergents. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

They’ll lose their franchise if they do (well if it isn’t a shady place) that. If it’s Shell or Sunoco or Exxon it’s getting that specific fuel with its specific added detergents. 

A lot of gas stations are shady places but like I said, it always makes me wonder.     

45 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

They have the best soft pretzels of all the convenience stores. Sam's Club has the best of all, hands down, imho.

I love WaWa pretzels. Cheap as anything too. My favorite though is Wetzel's at Disney Springs in Florida. 

33 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm looking forward to the opening. 

Let me/us know what you think. I like them. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A nice little cell in rou.  Get the grass a small drink.  Down to 67. 

Best news of the day. 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

never been to a WAWa. THey are building one a softball throw from my house

Think that will be the first one west of Lancaster in Pennsylvania.  They have the best MTO food of any convenience store I have been to.

• Like 2

A cutoff trough will dip down into the region early this week. Low temps Tuesday/Wednesday night in Harrisburg are forecasted to reach around 53° by the NWS, though some models including the GFS dip the LSV into the upper 40s with clear skies. As a note, Harrisburg proper hasn't dipped as low as 53° in August since 2013. And it also hasn't gotten into the 40s in August since 1987. Williamsport is forecasted to reach the upper 40s, which last happened in August in 2013 as well.

sfct-imp.us_ma.thumb.png.7c5dde1b5eb543e58ed25d4bb687a448.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Newman said:

A cutoff trough will dip down into the region early this week. Low temps Tuesday/Wednesday night in Harrisburg are forecasted to reach around 53° by the NWS, though some models including the GFS dip the LSV into the upper 40s with clear skies. As a note, Harrisburg proper hasn't dipped as low as 53° in August since 2013. And it also hasn't gotten into the 40s in August since 1987. Williamsport is forecasted to reach the upper 40s, which last happened in August in 2013 as well.

sfct-imp.us_ma.thumb.png.7c5dde1b5eb543e58ed25d4bb687a448.png

It will take low 40's in colder locales outside the Capitol Area Heat Island for MDT to break that 50 point IMO.  

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I love WaWa pretzels. Cheap as anything too. My favorite though is Wetzel's at Disney Springs in Florida. 

Let me/us know what you think. I like them. 

Best news of the day. 

Sam's club pretzels are only a buck, and they cook them fresh all day too. I can't remember Wawa'a price, but they're usually more convenient than Sam's, except here. We have a Sam's club in Hanover but no Wawa.

When I go back to my old digs near BWI, the 7-11 on Aviation Blvd. (road that borders the east side of BWI) has started selling pretzels similar to Wawa's, so I usually make a point to pickup one there.

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Sam's club pretzels are only a buck, and they cook them fresh all day too. I can't remember Wawa'a price, but they're usually more convenient than Sam's, except here. We have a Sam's club in Hanover but no Wawa.

When I go back to my old digs near BWI, the 7-11 on Aviation Blvd. (road that borders the east side of BWI) has started selling pretzels similar to Wawa's, so I usually make a point to pickup one there.

I used to stop at Sams just for 2 pieces of Pizza.  It was a great deal. 

• Like 1