• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 minute ago, philliesmd said:

Thing that I worry about with this taking so much time is that it is medication and I hope it hasn't been sitting in some hot warehouse. Doesn't need refrigeration but also shouldn't be exposed to temps above 85 

Don't worry, I think your reefer will be fine. 

• Haha 4

I must be very fortunate...I think my USPS service has improved over the past 10-15 years. I can't remember the last time anything was late, and often I get my mail prior to the promised delivery date. My experience with both FedEx and UPS has been far more inconsistent. If FedEx sends me a notification that a package is out for delivery, and it's not at my front door at 2pm...it ain't coming until at least the next day. 2pm seems to be a magical time that they say "F it, we'll get it to 'em tomorrow". 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I must be very fortunate...I think my USPS service has improved over the past 10-15 years. I can't remember the last time anything was late, and often I get my mail prior to the promised delivery date. My experience with both FedEx and UPS has been far more inconsistent. If FedEx sends me a notification that a package is out for delivery, and it's not at my front door at 2pm...it ain't coming until at least the next day. 2pm seems to be a magical time that they say "F it, we'll get it to 'em tomorrow". 

Check out this guy dancing around the issues. Nobody cares about your experience with the post, sir. That's not what we want to read from you right now... 

• Haha 2

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Check out this guy dancing around the issues. Nobody cares about your experience with the post, sir. That's not what we want to read from you right now... 

My issue is when a company "promises" or tells me something is out for delivery only to be followed by a "gotcha" and that happens with FedEx and UPS regularly. Almost never USPS. 

• Haha 1

Here's my thought on delivery - and the word delivery is beyond the traditional sense. 

If I'm requiring people to attend a meeting that I'm running, I will ALWAYS schedule it for longer than what I know it will take me. So a 2 hour scheduled meeting with take me about 90 minutes. If I tell someone I'll have something completed by Friday, it will be wrapped up by Wednesday. I think (gulp?) that I've earned a lot of respect by simply practicing "under promise, over deliver" - people seem to really appreciate that practice. 

If FedEx tells me something is out for delivery on a day like today and I don't get it...yeah, it's not the end of the world. But it also isn't a good look.

I'm sure USPS has the same issues. I just personally haven't experienced them. 

• Like 1

So far in August we are averaging slightly below normal temperatures. Today will be the warmest day we have had in over a week across the county with temps in the mid to upper 80's. Rain chances increase tomorrow and through much of Monday. A general 1" to 2" of rain look possible. We turn back to below normal temps by next Tuesday and that should last through much of next week.
Chester County records for today: High 101 degrees at West Chester (1988) / Low 43 degrees at Coatesville (1979) / Rain 2.45" at Devault (1966)
image.png.840b2834e06cb766648d025bb35638cf.png
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Oh good. "On This Day In Delivery" has been interrupted by "At This Hour in East Nantmeal." I can't wait for The Climate Ass A-hole to come through with his edition of "HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN BRADFORD!"

back on topic to USPS

back during covid i found an Old Hershey Bear item i wanted to get my daughter from ebay for xmas. Turns out the seller was actually less then a 1/2 mile from my work. But because of covid he didn't want to meet, so i paid for shipping. He took it to the main HBG post office on crooked hill road, which is directly across the street from my job. Well, it went from HBG to lancaster, to philly, back to lancaster, back to crookedhill road :huh:. makes sense right?

i won't bore you with the 2nd issue. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back on topic to USPS

back during covid i found an Old Hershey Bear item i wanted to get my daughter from ebay for xmas. Turns out the seller was actually less then a 1/2 mile from my work. But because of covid he didn't want to meet, so i paid for shipping. He took it to the main HBG post office on crooked hill road, which is directly across the street from my job. Well, it went from HBG to lancaster, to philly, back to lancaster, back to crookedhill road :huh:. makes sense right?

Second issue isn't the dude just thinking to walk the less than a 1/2 mile to drop the thing off on the ground and walk away while you pick it up? Or was the Covid going to jump up and bite him?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back on topic to USPS

That is really bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No one in their right mind would drive a car near your wind tunnel. 

He had to work up to Clydesdales after losing thousands of couriers on foot, bicycles, donkeys, quarter-horses, litter-bearers, and standard horsies.

• Haha 4

FWIW,  August 2023 had only one day that reached 90 and it was only 90.  So, our current streak is nothing to crow too much about.   But the 90's for the summer total is over as to any records.   Still 5 away from even being in the top 10.      The immediate climate changed from July to August and limited how sensational this summer was going to be. 

image.png.398bd66fa6172712ea364fd7a5c379a1.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

FWIW,  August 2023 had only one day that reached 90 and it was only 90.  So, our current streak is nothing to crow too much about.   But the 90's for the summer total is over as to any records.   Still 5 away from even being in the top 10.      The immediate climate changed from July to August and limited how sensational this summer was going to be. 

image.png.398bd66fa6172712ea364fd7a5c379a1.png

We need Voyager to do the heat dance so we can Crack the top 10.

• Haha 2