• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Is there anywhere you have NOT been? 
There was some guy who managed to get a state job in California than it went totally remote and he lived in Costa Rica for 3 years using his parents mailing address in California to hide it. He just had to fly up for like 4 weeks a year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Jns2183 said:

There was some guy who managed to get a state job in California than it went totally remote and he lived in Costa Rica for 3 years using his parents mailing address in California to hide it. He just had to fly up for like 4 weeks a year

Too obscure?

Seinfeld: 10 Funniest Bits Involving A Car

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I've seen image before, but yes too obscure for me

George Constanza wanted to go away for a few days, so he left his car at work under the thought that his bosses thought he was working. He forgot to account for the bird droppings and flyers people were putting on it. 

George Constanza wanted to go away for a few days, so he left his car at work under the thought that his bosses thought he was working. He forgot to account for the bird droppings and flyers people were putting on it. 
I always liked the episode where he tried to get fired

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh - when I was in Fairbanks it was 86 degrees. Same time it was low 80s here. 

Seward is my Alaska place. Snow capped mountains surrounding the city while standing in the Pacific, smelling the salt air. THAT was cool. 

It’s all great. Well except Juneau haha 

We’ve been 3 times  (two one way cruises and a land trip to the park) and want to go in winter. 

But once you see Norway Alaska looks like the Blue Mountains. It’s crazy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That show really did touch on every aspect of the human experience.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

Cool place to jump off into glacier bay and enviros.  I want to go back to Fairbanks but in winter for the northern lights.  

Drive up to Talkeetna sometime and take the scenic route through Hatcher Pass, glorious.  Girdwood and Whittier are cool too.  My buddy owns a restaurant in Bethel, AK; now THAT's a place I guarantee none of you have been haha.

• Like 2

Unless Dave Ramsay takes a colossal money shit on me and I am bequeathed with all the corn in Iowa, the only way I'm going to see fucking Norway is on YouTube or in Encyclopedia Britannica.
Some women get paid a lot of money to be shit on in Dubai

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Some women get paid a lot of money to be shit on in Dubai

And that's the difference between Dubai and the rest of the Middle East. In Riyadh they take the shit on the woman, then they call her a "whore" and stone her. 

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Drive up to Talkeetna sometime and take the scenic route through Hatcher Pass, glorious.  Girdwood and Whittier are cool too.  My buddy owns a restaurant in Bethel, AK; now THAT's a place I guarantee none of you have been haha.

Talkeetna, yes...Hatcher pass...yes...Girdwood...nope. Never heard of Bethel. LOL

And that's the difference between Dubai and the rest of the Middle East. In Riyadh they take the shit on the woman, then they call her a "whore" and stone her. 
Yup, in Dubai you get college paid for

11 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I installed the drywall in the new McDonald's in Bethel. 

Haha believe it or not there are no chain restaurants of any type in Bethel, which is a big part of the reason my buddy opened up a place there.  The big boys don't want to be bothered with it, given that you can only get there by air or sea and keeping stuff stocked can be a pain.  UnCommon Pizza is the name, check it out.  The original UnCommon opened up in 2007 in Lititz, PA and is still going strong.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Talkeetna, yes...Hatcher pass...yes...Girdwood...nope. 

Well, the only reason I mention Girdwood is because I was taken to some sort of hippie forest festival there one time haha, and also they have the Alyeska ski resort there.  But Whittier, with the one-way railroad tunnel in and out, is a unique little place with some killer views.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haha believe it or not there are no chain restaurants of any type in Bethel, which is a big part of the reason my buddy opened up a place there.  The big boys don't want to be bothered with it, given that you can only get there by air or sea and keeping stuff stocked can be a pain.  UnCommon Pizza is the name, check it out.  The original UnCommon opened up in 2007 in Lititz, PA and is still going strong.

Well, the only reason I mention Girdwood is because I was taken to some sort of hippie forest festival there one time haha, and also they have the Alyeska ski resort there.  But Whittier, with the one-way railroad tunnel in and out, is a unique little place with some killer views.

Yes, we really enjoyed Whittier. The entire drive from Anchorage down to Seward was jaw-dropping.

We flew from Seattle into Anchorage and on our shuttle to our hotel I said to my wife "this is sort of underwhelming"...after spending a couple of days in Anchorage we headed south. We were about 15 minutes clear of Anchorage and came to a screeching halt while moose were standing on the road. At that point and forward, there was nothing underwhelming about our trip...

The drive north from Seward to Fairbanks was incredibly long and incredibly inspiring.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, we really enjoyed Whittier. The entire drive from Anchorage down to Seward was jaw-dropping.

We flew from Seattle into Anchorage and on our shuttle to our hotel I said to my wife "this is sort of underwhelming"...after spending a couple of days in Anchorage we headed south. We were about 15 minutes clear of Anchorage and came to a screeching halt while moose were standing on the road. At that point and forward, there was nothing underwhelming about our trip...

The drive north from Seward to Fairbanks was incredibly long and incredibly inspiring.

We were supposed to go to Seward as well while we were out there but the wildfire smoke canceled our day cruise.  Yeah we found Anchorage very underwhelming.  Some of my buddies who've been there many times joke that it's just a larger Altoona haha.  But the rest of Alaska, my goodness.  Breathtaking beauty on an almost unimaginable level, and the vastness/remoteness is hard to comprehend.  It truly is the last frontier.

• Like 1