• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It's a tragedy but man oh man. I've kyacked a lot and I'm guessing these people were out there looking for a wild ride. Sometimes its just stupid tragic luck, but far too often it's people in way over there heads.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

People will often under estimate the power water.  

They said Debby forced water into the system that ruptured the main 
I was looking over the 5 min readings of rainfall at the peak of the storm and I'm very confident that 6.26" of rainfall was significantly underestimate or true amount. At peak intensity rates of over 2" an hour the 5 minute totals only went up 0.01" in some instances. I'll have to throw those readings into excel and try to calculate rain total from intensity and smoothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the true totals were over 8*Screenshot_20240809-101158_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you my son. 
Haha. All it took was a 1/100 year event here to send everything from dormant to overdrive

On a side note, the meteor shower tonight should be pretty damn good. Amazing weather for it between the hours and midnight and 5:00 a.m.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

My God is everything green now

My yard has been recovering over the last couple of weeks but after Debby did Du Bois, even the one tricky spot of my yard that just wasn't coming back as well as the others has come back. My yard is full and green like it's early May. 

• Like 3

Low of 59 and a stunning week ahead.  I mowed yesterday as well, in addition to about half my neighborhood ha.  A good chunk of my yard is still dormant and I don't think it will be coming back this year, but the parts that weren't definitely needed it.  Had a nice campfire going last night.  National high of 119 at Death Valley and low of 33 near Davis, WV.  Carry on.

• Like 1

All spots saw temps fall into the 50's this morning. It looks like a near perfect late summer week on tap across the area with sunny skies and low humidity. Highs no higher than the low 80's and night in the upper 50's to lower 60's. No rain chances till toward the weekend.
Chester County records for today: High 101 at Coatesville (1900) / Low 45 degrees at Coatesville (1930) / Rain 5.22" also at Coatesville (1955. That rain was from Hurricane Connie which was followed just a few days later by Hurricane Diane. At Coatesville in that month 17.81" of rain fell along with 16.87" at Devault.
image.png.86fae38d4f422c594b50e53ed71a36a5.png

So I posted this in the MA Banter thread but thought someone here might have some suggestions too.  I'm looking to go to Gravelly Point possibly this Friday, I enjoy watching the planes come in and remember doing this as a kid.  After that I plan on visiting the Lincoln Memorial and/or the International Spy Museum, and maybe finishing up at The Wharf for some grub.  My expected arrival down would be maybe 9-10am.  Any thoughts on parking and best way to get to the other points of interest?  Not fond of the metro/subway and would prefer to drive and park, or even walk to stated locations.  Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

22 minutes ago, Porsche said:

So I posted this in the MA Banter thread but thought someone here might have some suggestions too.  I'm looking to go to Gravelly Point possibly this Friday, I enjoy watching the planes come in and remember doing this as a kid.  After that I plan on visiting the Lincoln Memorial and/or the International Spy Museum, and maybe finishing up at The Wharf for some grub.  My expected arrival down would be maybe 9-10am.  Any thoughts on parking and best way to get to the other points of interest?  Not fond of the metro/subway and would prefer to drive and park, or even walk to stated locations.  Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Uber is good down there.

50 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Do you like Indian food? If so and want to do the Spy Museum, Rasika which is one of the best Indian restaurants in the country is a 5 or so minute walk away. I'd avoid the Wharf honestly - nothing great down there worthy of all the traffic and crows of people. So many good DC restaurants elsewhere. 

If you want to watch planes, how about going to the "real" air museum out at Dulles? That place is amazing. 

Uber can get you everywhere, and DC is pretty walkable if it's not too humid (which it probably will be ... ). We go down for dinner every month or so. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Do you like Indian food? If so and want to do the Spy Museum, Rasika which is one of the best Indian restaurants in the country is a 5 or so minute walk away. I'd avoid the Wharf honestly - nothing great down there worthy of all the traffic and crows of people. So many good DC restaurants elsewhere. 

If you want to watch planes, how about going to the "real" air museum out at Dulles? That place is amazing. 

Uber can get you everywhere, and DC is pretty walkable if it's not too humid (which it probably will be ... ). We go down for dinner every month or so. 

Not a fan of Indian food, good ole meat and potato guy LOL.  Good note on the Wharf and I thought of the "real" museum.  Would you say that's better viewing than Gravelly Point?  Is the viewing options inside and outside?  Agreed as Uber would be my choice if I plan on getting around.  Maybe just doing the museum at Dulles is a better option.  Appreciate the insight!

• Like 1