• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

58....finally tally under 4" but a good soaking over a 3-day period.  Still about 1" under normal for the year.   MDT falling fast on its mean temp.  It has gone from way out in front to #2 and close to #3.  
The highest temperature I see in extended forecast is 85 it's like her tropical rains brought about sensible weather

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The highest temperature I see in extended forecast is 85 it's like her tropical rains brought about sensible weather

Yea,all indications still pointing at a normal or below Aug possibility.  Have to chip away at the first week and yank it down.  

• Like 1

So the final tally for my backyard station from yesterday was 4.43" giving me 5.96" for the week/event starting with the storms on Tuesday afternoon.
6.26" for storm
7.94" for week
8.42" for August
14.21" for summer
33.97" year

Hard to fathom 25% of my yearly rain total occured in last 5 days

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

On the train from Philly to Harrisburg. It looks like one of the best days of summer out there

So many times it's like this. Gorgeous weather the day after a big storm. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I don't know it was possible to have a BN month

It will take some cooler nights to get there but it is possible looking at Goofus.   Lots of way below highs on the GFS but lows are not as much below.  Highest temp on the entire run through August 25th is 84

So many times it's like this. Gorgeous weather the day after a big storm. 
That was the most white knuckle driving I've done in awhile. Those rain bands were vicious up in the Poconos and new york

It will take some cooler nights to get there but it is possible looking at Goofus.   Lots of way below highs on the GFS but lows are not as much below.  Highest temp on the entire run through August 25th is 84
Looks like we may get a string of cape Verde storms. Do any sneak thru before recurve?

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

With no sun, it has not grown much here but it should fire up skyward today.   Mow #13 is not too far away.  May get to 15 before summer ends.

It is growing at a rapid pace here with all the rain we had in the last month. Not only will I have to mow. I then will have to get my older Craftsman out to suck up the grass after i'm done mowing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

That was the most white knuckle driving I've done in awhile. Those rain bands were vicious up in the Poconos and new york

I hear ya. Not only is the low visibility bad, but the insanely loud splats of the raindrops hitting the windshield can be unnerving. 

A much deserved stretch of great almost autumnal weather underway with temps near to below normal with high temps in some of the higher spots possibly staying in the 70's with lows especially in the lower spots down into the 50's. Our next chance of rain is not till Friday.
Chester County Records for today: High 102 degrees at Coatesville (1900) / Low 44 degrees at Devault (1972) / Rain 3.58" at West Chester (1962)
image.png.b0c8a78851bcb8244830eb1daff0b348.png