• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Just now, canderson said:

Passed 4"

I was dead-wrong about this one. I'll take my crow smoked over mesquite. 

I  didn't dump my gauge this morning when it was ar 2.5". It only goes to 6", and I'm not sure if it holds all of this.

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Beats the shit out of the 100,000 daily uploads auto documenting the downfall of Mr. Beast.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I saw a list the other day of the most subscribed YT channels. I had not heard of the top 10, including whoever the Beast dude is. I'm officially old. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I saw a list the other day of the most subscribed YT channels. I had not heard of the top 10, including whoever the Beast dude is. I'm officially old. 

I have not watched a single Mr. Beast video ever but my step kid is 13 so he's familiar with him, but for some reason the YT algorithm has decided I need to know he's a sociopath. 

In a pushback, folks like Steve got a subscription so now my suggestions are almost exclusively trucking, lawn care, and sprint car racing. With Some More News and Leeja Miller thrown in because, you know... Commie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 73 with a meager .18” of rainfall. Nothing on the horizon either. Got to hand it to the Mesos on this one. We should get a couple downpours when it pulls through later this morning or this afternoon but no real flooding concerns over this way.  Happy for all the big winners to my west, assuming no wet basements ha. 

It's raining moderately heavy at my house now. And the intense band is still pretty far to my west. 

Given how intense that line is and how long it will take to move through our area, I think we could still see up to a couple of inches before it moves out. 

I *should* end up with between 4-5" for the week. 

(Approximately) .3 in the rain gauge, with light but steady rainfall at the moment. It will be absolutely perfect if this keeps up all day. We could use the higher volume rain here, no risk of flooding here at all but if we get an inch of rain from a longer duration light rainfall, my whole neighborhood will be very happy. 

Bubbler and everyone else who’s been really hurting for rain this year, hope all of you cash in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I kind of want to say it's pouring here, I can't imagine what it's like under that line to my west. I'm under greens and it's dumping. 

Tropical always outperforms the radar it seems. I still think we’ll get close to 2” when all is said and done, just don’t foresee any real flooding issues. 

• Like 1

My kid's daycare just shut down for the day due to flooding. I've been working all morning (WFH) and have only watched it pour from the window. I may have to take the golden out for a float in a little to see how bad it's getting. 

It seems the heaviest rain has shifted away from here but still moderate rates, which will likely linger for most of the morning. I’m at 2.92” so far for the event. Been breezy at times this morning, with a 31 mph gust registered about an hour ago. Wind shift occurred right around then as well.. from northerly to southeasterly. Gonna be heading out to see if there’s any local flooding issues. In my immediate backyard though this was a much needed rain and I didn’t register any excessive rates on the gauge overnight. 
This seemed modeled well by the HRRR from yesterday, when I had made my severe weather threat post. And that seems to be coming to fruition this morning in the Sus Valley with a main band with embedded severe winds/potential spinups and torrential rains. Mesoanalysis has the remnant low centered in Somerset County currently. Definitely ended up west of the NHC forecast track from this time yesterday. 

Here are my best rates. Gauge topped out at 5" at 9:44am and stopped. Screenshot_20240809-101158_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240809-101209_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk