• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Look at that cutoff at the Susquehanna.
I'm sitting at .62" since Wednesday. 2.43" for the week.
Do you have the extended radar from overnight or a link to it. It had to be a super thin feeder band. Some stations less than a mile from me are pushing 5" while KCXY is pushing 2". That is insane gradient

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Low of 73 with a meager .18” of rainfall. Nothing on the horizon either. Got to hand it to the Mesos on this one. We should get a couple downpours when it pulls through later this morning or this afternoon but no real flooding concerns over this way.  Happy for all the big winners to my west, assuming no wet basements ha. 

• Like 1

Low of 73 with a meager .18” of rainfall. Nothing on the horizon either. Got to hand it to the Mesos on this one. We should get a couple downpours when it pulls through later this morning or this afternoon but no real flooding concerns over this way.  Happy for all the big winners to my west, assuming no wet basements ha. 
KMDT has 0.55. That intense band was only 10 miles wide and no mesos had the placement of it correct, just that it was going to happen in region. Somewhere

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Boy I don’t like the trajectory for that TOR warned cluster - looks like it has eye direct on HBG. 

I dodge that bullet, but now have my eye on the line further south.

Meanwhile, it continues to pour.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Boy I don’t like the trajectory for that TOR warned cluster - looks like it has eye direct on HBG. 

Of course it does. I know I'll get flamed for this, but so many times the interesting, or anomalous weather misses me west, east, north, or south.

Tamaqua seems to sit in a benign location. Even Sandy kind of "hopped" over the town. While areas all around me had flooding, winds, and power outages, if you were in Tamaqua, you'd have asked "what storm?"

I stood on my porch and listened to the wind roar on the ridgetops, but yet at my house it was just a somewhat breezy night.

• Like 1

Centre PA-Clearfield PA-

847 AM EDT Fri Aug 9 2024

...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.

* WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, including the following counties, Centre and Clearfield.

* WHEN...Until 1100 AM EDT.

* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...

- At 847 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to

thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin

shortly in the warned area. Between 1.5 and 2.5 inches of

rain have fallen.

- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1.5 inches are possible

in the warned area.

- Some locations that will experience flooding include...

State College, DuBois, Clearfield, Sandy, Park Forest

Village, Philipsburg, Woodland, Curwensville, Stormstown,

Lemont, Houserville, Pine Grove Mills, Penfield, Hyde,

Osceola Mills, Plymptonville, Rockton, Chester Hill,

Ramblewood and Karthaus.

- http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.

In hilly terrain, low water crossings are potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads. Find an alternate route.

Flood Warning National Weather Service State College PA 834 AM EDT Fri Aug 9 2024 PAC001-041-043-067-097-099-109-133-091530- /O.NEW.KCTP.FA.W.0007.240809T1234Z-240809T1530Z/ /00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ Adams PA-Cumberland PA-Dauphin PA-Juniata PA-Northumberland PA- Perry PA-Snyder PA-York PA- 834 AM EDT Fri Aug 9 2024 ...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1130 AM EDT THIS MORNING... * WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected. * WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, including the following counties, Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder and York. * WHEN...Until 1130 AM EDT. * IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... - At 833 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain returning to the area. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the warned area. Between 1.5 and 3.5 inches of rain have fallen. - Some locations that will experience flooding include... Harrisburg, Carlisle, Lower Allen, Hanover, Colonial Park, Weigelstown, Sunbury, Progress, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Gettysburg, New Cumberland, Parkville, Linglestown, Enola, Steelton, Selinsgrove, Lemoyne, Northumberland and Hampton. - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. && LAT...LON 4084 7718 4087 7706 4086 7702 4088 7696 4088 7681 4089 7681 4089 7678 4042 7677 3972 7678 3972 7724 4013 7723 4057 7732 $$ Evanego

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Of course it does. I know I'll get flamed for this, but so many times the interesting, or anomalous weather misses me west, east, north, or south.

Tamaqua seems to sit in a benign location. Even Sandy kind of "hopped" over the town. While areas all around me had flooding, winds, and power outages, if you were in Tamaqua, you'd have asked "what storm?"

I stood on my porch and listened to the wind roar on the ridgetops, but yet at my house it was just a somewhat breezy night.

Case in point. This stuff is moving south to north. Of course it missed JUST to the east of me...

Screenshot_20240809_085203_Chrome.jpg

It seems the heaviest rain has shifted away from here but still moderate rates, which will likely linger for most of the morning. I’m at 2.92” so far for the event. Been breezy at times this morning, with a 31 mph gust registered about an hour ago. Wind shift occurred right around then as well.. from northerly to southeasterly. Gonna be heading out to see if there’s any local flooding issues. In my immediate backyard though this was a much needed rain and I didn’t register any excessive rates on the gauge overnight. 

This seemed modeled well by the HRRR from yesterday, when I had made my severe weather threat post. And that seems to be coming to fruition this morning in the Sus Valley with a main band with embedded severe winds/potential spinups and torrential rains. Mesoanalysis has the remnant low centered in Somerset County currently. Definitely ended up west of the NHC forecast track from this time yesterday. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Centre PA-Clearfield PA-

847 AM EDT Fri Aug 9 2024

...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.

* WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, including the following counties, Centre and Clearfield.

* WHEN...Until 1100 AM EDT.

* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...

- At 847 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to

thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin

shortly in the warned area. Between 1.5 and 2.5 inches of

rain have fallen.

- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1.5 inches are possible

in the warned area.

- Some locations that will experience flooding include...

State College, DuBois, Clearfield, Sandy, Park Forest

Village, Philipsburg, Woodland, Curwensville, Stormstown,

Lemont, Houserville, Pine Grove Mills, Penfield, Hyde,

Osceola Mills, Plymptonville, Rockton, Chester Hill,

Ramblewood and Karthaus.

- http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.

In hilly terrain, low water crossings are potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads. Find an alternate route.

And one of yesterday's runs of the Euro gave you next to nothing.