• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Getting walloped over here with a classic summertime T’storm. The boy and I were out playing in it getting drenched. It will double as bath time tonight ha. Still pouring. 

Not a freaking drop here. Sun is out.

Enjoy.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Temp dropped to 67 here and about three quarters of an inch. Much needed. Also got a crap ton of power washing done today and I’m sore as a whore. 

Temp dropped to 64 here during the afternoon storm. We are now cooking.

• Like 1

[mention=12693]Blizzard of 93[/mention] will be doing a live online discord this evening at 8PM to discuss the drought with the unlucky ones today. 
I'll be lighting my yard on fire as a burn perimeter to stop the eventual wildfires from claiming my house

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Point and click for Bradford - 96 on Tuesday and 97 for Wednesday...

Centered on the airport has 92, 95, 95, 93, and 91 Monday through Friday. There have only been two days in the 90s in June since records began at the airport in 1957: 90 on 6/16/2022 and 93 on 6/22/2022. The all-time record is 97F on 7/16/1988 and 7/21/2011. Only one year has had more than 4 90+ days: 1988, with 8.

So if that comes to fruition, you would have more 90s than any entire year on record except for 1988, and 5 days in a row with temperatures that are either warmest or second warmest of any prior June day. Other than the fluke 93F in 2022, no other June exceeded 89F.

• Thanks 1

I think of our hottest days here in Williamsport--in the 90s--as New York City hot. When I lived in the NJ-NYC area, temps were a bit higher in the summer there, hit 100 from time to time and of course with the Manhattan heat island, were more miserable. I just checked though and here is what weather.com says for Manhattan and then Williamsport starting next Monday:

85 90 88 92 95 92 90

90 95 94 93 95 92 89

Temps higher here than Manhattan except for Sunday. If we hit 100 here this summer, I will scream. I don't think we have in last 15 years. Definitely not since I came home in 2015.

More about heat from weather.com today. Here are their latest maps for July-September 2024. They start by saying "Summer still looks to be one of the hottest on record in the U.S." Williamsport is so close to orange-red border in July and August I figure if we are unlucky, we may end up even warmer than orange. 

https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2024-06-13-late-summer-outlook-temperatures-us-july-through-september?cm_ven=hp-slot-2

image.png.a38efa74ef346cb6dafebee92509fae9.png

image.png.053725b97be9c716fbaeb1421371da6d.png

image.png

6Z GFS continues to keep things from going crazy next week with 18Z temps 90 or under until a day or two above next weekend.   It is also wet in northern LSV/PA.    If you will allow for 5-degree deviations, it has been steady as she goes for a week now.   18Z in the mid 70's tomorrow.   Euro still generationally hot next weekend. 

My NWS forecast:

Mostly clear, with a low around 62. South wind 3 to 6 mph.

Monday Sunny and hot, with a high near 92. South wind around 6 mph.

Mostly clear, with a low around 68.

Tuesday Sunny and hot, with a high near 98.

Mostly clear, with a low around 70.

Wednesday Sunny and hot, with a high near 96.

Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Thursday Sunny and hot, with a high near 95.

Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.

Friday Sunny and hot, with a high near 97.

6Z GFS continues to keep things from going crazy next week with 18Z temps 90 or under until a day or two above next weekend.   It is also wet especially northern LSV/PA.    If you will allow for 5-degree deviations, it has been steady as she goes for a week now.   18Z in the mid 70's tomorrow.   Euro still generationally hot next weekend. 

One of these models will need shot into the sun

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk