• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree with your first sentence. I've kind of been saying this for 7 years. 

But I'm not sure how you can say that Kerr is a bad coach if you don't watch the product that he coaches. 

These lineups make zero sense. He has the talent in the world and they're borderline getting blown out by Serbia. Without Curry, seems to me he'd just be an also-ran coach probably on his 3rd team. 

Edit: I should say I am basing this on these Olympics. This is a horrific coaching job. 

Here's the precipitation forecast as of 2:00 p.m. today. The first photo is the 24 hours ending Friday at 2:00 p.m. . The second photo is 24 hours ending Saturday at 2:00 p.m. . And the third photo is the 72-hour rainfall. I want to highlight the point that by Friday at 2:00 p.m. it's saying some parts of Lancaster county will only have 3/4 an inch of rain while some portions of Cumberland Perry county will have over 3 inches of rain. qpf_24hr_24.jpgqpf_24hr_48.jpgqpf_72hr_72.jpg

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went into the guts of the NBM and pulled out the qpf by percentiles for tomorrow for some airports around the region
Capital City, Hagerstown, York, Lancaster, Reading, Clearfield

EnjoyScreenshot_20240808_170210.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Multiple rounds pointed right at Bubbler.  He may be over an inch before Friday even hits. #Firehose
Those bands if they continue and expand leads one to start taking the 12z RGEM more seriously. Do you know when the 18z comes out for it?

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Those bands if they continue and expand leads one to start taking the 12z RGEM more seriously. Do you know when the 18z comes out for it?

It’s out and it’s east. Biggest totals over eastern Cumberland, Dauphin, and Lebanon. 

1.2 as of this AM and looking at 1.8 now.   Not crazy but more than enough.  
You have legit chance to get to 3.50"+ for week.

I'm at 1.06" and hoping for 3" total for week.

• Like 1

It’s raining and radar is clear overhead. 
State College radar has some sprinkles, but remember the beam is at 7200 ft and Sterling's beam at Harrisburg is at 8500ft. Which is why everyone's been waiting for that dopplar radar in Lancaster to open. Speaking of which does anyone have any idea what's going on with it?KCCX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 5_35 PM.jpg

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I feel like this is going to come across as a weenie post...NOT my intention. It "seems" to me that the GFS and perhaps other models are nothing more than a squall line frontal passage type of deal for those of us in SE areas. Anyone else see/feel that? 

Granted - that squall line could be very intense and do some damage - not downplaying that at all. I'm just saying that rainfall directly associated with Debby might be an hour vs. many hours that it originally looked like. 

My admittedly very amateur take. 

So…according to my handbook, what you are saying is “it’s now cast time”!

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like Marysville farms are still eligible to claim drought relief and some info on warm anomalies

image.thumb.png.144d6bf8250eadce5204e97180861b66.png

Northeast Drought Summary

On this week’s map, some minor changes were made in the region with improvements in isolated areas of Maine, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, while minor deterioration in drought-related conditions occurred in West Virginia. For the week, areas of the region observed light-to-moderate precipitation accumulations ranging from 1 to 4+ inches with the heaviest accumulations observed in central and eastern Pennsylvania. Average temperatures for the week were 2 to 8+ degrees F above normal across the region with the greatest departures observed across the New England states as well as New York, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania. According to NOAA’s National Center for Environmental Information (NCEI), the December 2023-June 2024 period (July 2024 data not available) was the warmest (+6.1 degrees F anomaly) on record for the Northeast Climate Region. In terms of precipitation rankings for the contemporaneous period, the region experienced its 3rd wettest (+6.5-inch anomaly) on record.

Hopefully next week they hoist an Advisory for “No Drought”…

No drought in Marysville, my grass is growing minute by minute.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hopefully next week they hoist an Advisory for “No Drought”…

No drought in Marysville, my grass is growing minute by minute.

I knew it was, I was surprised you were still droughted.   I hope Summer 2024-2025 you can drive to the far Western LSV and see lush grass (or jsut beyond in my case).  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I knew it was, I was surprised you were still droughted.   I hope Summer 2024-2025 you can drive to the far Western LSV and see lush grass (or jsut beyond in my case).  

I hope you get some good rains over the next few days so you can put the hose away for awhile.

• Like 1