• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Another 0.47" since midnight here in East Nantmeal - our 3 day total is up to 2.29"
Chances of more showers today and especially tomorrow....the heaviest rain from the remnants of Debby look to especially impact areas west of Chester County but some spots in the county could pick up another inch or two.
By the weekend our temperatures look to fall to below normal levels with highs mainly in the 70's and nights in the 50's with sunny skies - almost an early fall preview.
Chester County records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1918) / Low 47 degrees at Coatesville (1989) / Rain 3.21" at West Chester (1985)
image.png.debd2300438b517dbece01a4281df046.png

MU Weather Center

Despite a subtle shift back east in #Debby's track, timing continues to speed up. The heaviest rain should now fall between 4 AM-2 PM Friday in areas west of Rt. 11/I-83 and 11 AM-7 PM across eastern PA. Rain should push east of the I-95 corridor by or shortly before midnight.

#Debby's impacts Friday: 

1) Roadway flooding will be widespread across the region, along with flooding of smaller streams and creeks.

2) Larger rivers east of I-83/Route 11 should crest below flood stage this weekend, but river flooding is more likely farther west..

3) An isolated #tornado threat exists, mainly across the eastern 1/3 of PA & Delmarva Region. These will likely be weak, brief spin-ups from embedded supercells within Debby's outer rain bands S/E of its center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And one more from MU: (Yuck)

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Instability will be limited tomorrow due to the clouds and rain, but there will be plenty of deep-layer wind shear available for embedded storms to tap into and start rotating. I've outlined the area south/east of #Debby's track most at risk for isolated #tornados.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Instability will be limited tomorrow due to the clouds and rain, but there will be plenty of deep-layer wind shear available for embedded storms to tap into and start rotating. I've outlined the area south/east of #Debby's track most at risk for isolated #tornados.

But more importantly, look at that giant red blob just to the south of the NY line. After months of boiling, tomorrow, BRADFORD MAY DROWN. 

Will somebody think of the lighters?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Meh...tornadoes can go to helicity.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That would probably push you near or over 40" for the year. 

Me too.  At the moment YTD is 33.99", so 6.01" to hit 40".  Had an additional 0.20" overnight bringing MTD to 5.15".  That's 3 times the amount of rain that fell during the entire month of July!

• Like 1

I feel like this is going to come across as a weenie post...NOT my intention. It "seems" to me that the GFS and perhaps other models are nothing more than a squall line frontal passage type of deal for those of us in SE areas. Anyone else see/feel that? 

Granted - that squall line could be very intense and do some damage - not downplaying that at all. I'm just saying that rainfall directly associated with Debby might be an hour vs. many hours that it originally looked like. 

My admittedly very amateur take. 

I feel like this is going to come across as a weenie post...NOT my intention. It "seems" to me that the GFS and perhaps other models are nothing more than a squall line frontal passage type of deal for those of us in SE areas. Anyone else see/feel that? 
Granted - that squall line could be very intense and do some damage - not downplaying that at all. I'm just saying that rainfall directly associated with Debby might be an hour vs. many hours that it originally looked like. 
The models that mail us have a southeast to northwest feeder band that wallops us. The squall lime you are talking about is also moving almost due north and has a slower east progression

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes I've been feeling this for days, just didn't want to dampen the mood ha.  Also, it may only pertain to us in the far eastern sections of the valley.  Been of the mind that it could just be an on/off showery kind of day with some embedded spinners and brief downpours and then a squall line that sweeps through later in the day, but I don't think we get in on much of the main slug of moisture associated with the heart of the low.  I'm fine with however things play out.  Let the chips fall where they may!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don't watch NBA but Embiid looks like a bum. 

Tatum isn't even playing? Kerr is such a bad coach. If it weren't for Curry this would be a 30 point blowout. 

I agree with your first sentence. I've kind of been saying this for 7 years. 

But I'm not sure how you can say that Kerr is a bad coach if you don't watch the product that he coaches.